Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Whisper Country

Go down 
+12
Alice Garvey
julmer70
Harrietfan
Honeybee
Krissy
Savannah
easyt72000
jes9
Samantha
bethandmanly
Carol
Vanesa
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45733
Mood : Whisper Country - Page 2 Headac10

Whisper Country - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whisper Country   Whisper Country - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 10:36 pm

RE-watching this. You really need to stand up for ones self.This lady was pure evil.The town was scared and did and believed everything that women said. I think they had fear that if they didnt go along with her.She do something to them. I guess ya it wasn't common for women to speake up like that.But i respect mary for doing that.She did a good job.

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136
Mood : Whisper Country - Page 2 Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Whisper Country   Whisper Country - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 1:37 am

sweetkrissy2011 wrote:
RE-watching this. You really need to stand up for ones self.This lady was pure evil.The town was scared and did and believed everything that women said. I think they had fear that if they didnt go along with her.She do something to them. I guess ya it wasn't common for women to speake up like that.But i respect mary for doing that.She did a good job.

Poor Miss Peel was not "pure evil" as you've said. She was a not very bright person and translated her own fears to people from her town. She was manipulating them, but I think she was a mild mentally sick woman. No

Vanesa.

Whisper Country - Page 2 Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: Whisper Country   Whisper Country - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 11:01 am

Vanesa wrote:
sweetkrissy2011 wrote:

Poor Miss Peel was not "pure evil" as you've said. She was a not very bright person and translated her own fears to people from her town. She was manipulating them, but I think she was a mild mentally sick woman. No

Vanesa.

Ya,maybe evil wasn't the right world.I agree

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : Whisper Country - Page 2 Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Whisper Country   Whisper Country - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 11:25 am

Vanesa wrote:
She was a not very bright person and translated her own fears to people from her town. She was manipulating them, but I think she was a mild mentally sick woman.

But the people need to take some responsibility too. How did she become such a leader? Why did they listen to her? How did she, and not a minister like Reverend Alden end up presiding over the congregation? Where did these superstitions get started and by whom? It's like all these people disengaged their brains and didn't give any thought to what they were being told.
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: Whisper Country   Whisper Country - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 4:39 pm

bethandmanly wrote:
Vanesa wrote:
She was a not very bright person and translated her own fears to people from her town. She was manipulating them, but I think she was a mild mentally sick woman.

But the people need to take some responsibility too. How did she become such a leader? Why did they listen to her? How did she, and not a minister like Reverend Alden end up presiding over the congregation? Where did these superstitions get started and by whom? It's like all these people disengaged their brains and didn't give any thought to what they were being told.

Good points.wounder the same.

Back to top Go down
julmer70
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
julmer70

Number of posts : 3301
Mood : Whisper Country - Page 2 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Whisper Country   Whisper Country - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 9:14 am

I just watched this episode again last night. I think Melissa nailed her scenes! I don't think she was over-the-top at all! Mary did eventually get through to Miss Peel. Great episode! Smile
Back to top Go down
Alice Garvey
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
Alice Garvey

Number of posts : 67
Mood : Whisper Country - Page 2 Pbucket

PostSubject: Re: Whisper Country   Whisper Country - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 1:58 am

I agree Melissa Sue did great and I love this episode. I remember when I watched this episode for the first time that Miss Peel giving me the creeps! OhMy
Back to top Go down
easyt72000
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
easyt72000

Number of posts : 126
Mood : Whisper Country - Page 2 Party010

PostSubject: Re: Whisper Country   Whisper Country - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 12, 2013 9:52 am

One of my favorite TV quotes is when Miss Peel says that Mary is "a sinful stench in the nostrils of the righteous." That woman gave an amazing performance.
Back to top Go down
Harrietfan
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
Harrietfan

Number of posts : 133

PostSubject: Re: Whisper Country   Whisper Country - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 10:45 pm

I actuallly kind of think Miss Peel reminds me of Fred Phelps with her hatful preaching.
Back to top Go down
LHOTPfan2000
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
LHOTPfan2000

Number of posts : 675
Mood : Whisper Country - Page 2 Confus10

PostSubject: Re: Whisper Country   Whisper Country - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 5:51 am

I found this one kind of creepy! Note I said kind of!!! Smile

Whisper Country - Page 2 PhoebeKeeper

“It was a huge shock when it came and very excited“

This was the duchess of cambridges take on how she felt when William proposed during their official engagement interview with ITN reporter Tom Bradby. There was a real giggle at the end. Cute.
Back to top Go down
http://giffgaff.com/orders/affiliate/phoeberule
bestshowever
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

Number of posts : 50

PostSubject: Re: Whisper Country   Whisper Country - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 9:31 pm

I watched the showdown between Mary and Miss Peel at the end. This is how I see it.

Mary lays out the facts, but Miss Peel digs in and gets very defensive. The verbal sparring continues until Mary tells Miss Peel to look up the Ten Commandments in Exodus. It is then revealed that Miss Peel can't read. The truth is out. Miss Peel gets very defensive now and threatens them by raising her Bible in the air. Mary is undeterred. "Call down the lightening, do it Miss Peel do it!"
No lightening comes. The Fishers look astoundished. Miss Peel can't cast spells. Now, the Bond family tells them the truth of what happened earlier in the day. Miss Peel hangs her head down. She knows she is defeated.
Here is an important point. The townspeople could have turned on Miss Peel and said, "We want you out of here by sundown." For all the mean things she did to them and keeping them in ignorance and superstition.
But Mary who is now in total control of the confrontation says: "On the way over here, I looked for proof of God's love for man", then quotes from Psalm 133, "Behold, how good and pleasant it is for bretheren to dwell together in unity."
She took control of the situation, broke down Miss Peel's defenses, got the townpeople on her side, then offered her hand in reconciliation.

Beautiful! Typical Little House ending!
Back to top Go down
remw2002
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

Number of posts : 3

PostSubject: Re: Whisper Country   Whisper Country - Page 2 EmptyMon May 18, 2015 7:12 pm

I had wondered about why they didn't get a more experienced teacher or a male teacher for this town.
Back to top Go down
amyk
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler

Number of posts : 540

PostSubject: Re: Whisper Country   Whisper Country - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 20, 2021 4:57 pm

I love this episode. I didn't think the ending scene was too over the top, but I was a bit surprised that Mary got so angry with the boy who ate the apple and sent him home for that. I thought she could have taken that incident and turned it into a subtraction problem, using it as a learning experience for the whole class. But I watch on COZI-TV and they apparently cut some things out, so maybe there was something I missed in all of this.

But I love the ending scene so much. Perhaps my favorite part about it is that you can see Mary who is very angry turn towards Mrs. Peal with compassion. I think Mary realized that Mrs. Peal is actually someone in need of love. Perhaps Mrs. Peal was raised with very judgmental people and only learned to liver by "the letter of the Law" and never really learned about God's grace. Anyway, I like to think that Mrs. Peal and also the mother who Mary stayed with in their home both showed up at the school to learn to read, and that opened up a whole new world to them.
Back to top Go down
amyk
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler

Number of posts : 540

PostSubject: Re: Whisper Country   Whisper Country - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 20, 2021 5:06 pm

P.S. It seems like Laura is absent or barely in multiple season 4 episodes.....was there something going on with MSG that she could not be in the show so much during this season?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Whisper Country   Whisper Country - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Whisper Country
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2