Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Miley Cyrus?

Go down 
+7
Carol
Coach Jon
Amy
bethandmanly
Rob
Savannah
Misti
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Miley Cyrus? Empty
PostSubject: Miley Cyrus?   Miley Cyrus? EmptyWed Apr 30, 2008 6:55 pm

I'm sure everyone has most likely seen the Miley Cyrus news by now. I'm very dissapointed in her. She is such a big role model for so many young people today. I always enjoyed watching the show "Hannah Montana"! I wonder if Disney will cut her? What everyone else have to say about this?
Back to top Go down
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird
Misti

Number of posts : 4112
Mood : Miley Cyrus? Happy010

Miley Cyrus? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miley Cyrus?   Miley Cyrus? EmptyWed Apr 30, 2008 7:44 pm

I hope she's not a victim of "too much, too soon" like so many of the other young girls are. This is what, two or three times there has been "questionable" pics? I hope she realizes thing early and gets back on track before its "24/7 Miley" all the time! No

I do like her latest song that is out now. batEyes

Miley Cyrus? HummerMiley Cyrus? MistiKeeperMiley Cyrus? Bookclub5Miley Cyrus? Rose
"I would fight for you - I'd lie for you - walk the wire for you - ya I'd die for you..."
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Miley Cyrus? Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428

Miley Cyrus? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miley Cyrus?   Miley Cyrus? EmptyWed Apr 30, 2008 8:49 pm

Her Dad, last week, was asked if he was worried about her growing up too fast, and he said "No, she has a good head on her shoulders. I trust her choices"

Well, it's great to trust your child - but the fact is, she's still a kid, and she NEEDS someone to be worried about her growing up too fast. She needs someone to guide her as she makes decisions. She needs someone to protect her in an industry that is known for exploing people. I mean, the fact that, at fifteen, she can still be manipulated into taking her clothes off for a photographer, with the mind set that "Nobody can say no to Annie" (the photographer) is evidence of all of that....... And there's nothing wrong with her being a kid.........there's plenty of time for her to be an adult. But her Dad has been in show business long enough that HE should have known better.
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62619
Mood : Miley Cyrus? Goodsi10

Miley Cyrus? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miley Cyrus?   Miley Cyrus? EmptyWed Apr 30, 2008 9:38 pm

Very good points.

Savannah wrote:
But her Dad has been in show business long enough that HE should have known better.

But... we have to remember four important words: He had a mullet.

Miley Cyrus? Billy_ray_cyrus_mullet_image
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Miley Cyrus? Princesrank
Savannah

Miley Cyrus? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miley Cyrus?   Miley Cyrus? EmptyWed Apr 30, 2008 9:41 pm

:Hahaha:

Okay, you have a point there.
Back to top Go down
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird
Misti

Miley Cyrus? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miley Cyrus?   Miley Cyrus? EmptyWed Apr 30, 2008 10:39 pm

Rob wrote:
Very good points.

Savannah wrote:
But her Dad has been in show business long enough that HE should have known better.

But... we have to remember four important words: He had a mullet.

Miley Cyrus? Billy_ray_cyrus_mullet_image

I got three more words to further convince you...Achy Breaky Heart

Miley Cyrus? HummerMiley Cyrus? MistiKeeperMiley Cyrus? Bookclub5Miley Cyrus? Rose
"I would fight for you - I'd lie for you - walk the wire for you - ya I'd die for you..."
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : Miley Cyrus? Bokmal10

Miley Cyrus? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miley Cyrus?   Miley Cyrus? EmptyWed Apr 30, 2008 11:07 pm

Now stop picking on Billy Ray or I'm going to pull my CD out and start singing. LOL! Besides, his mullet isn't half as stupid as that tuft of hair on his chin looks now.

I didn't know Miley was from around here until the news broke about the Vanity Fair shoot. A lot of local kids are upset with her. It sure seems like a case of her being talked into something that she should have said "no" to. And since her parents weren't there to say, "no" she went ahead with it. Not a good choice, but I doubt Disney will drop her. Jamie Lynn Spears is still on Nick and she's pregnant. If that doesn't send a bad message, I don't know what does.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Miley Cyrus? Love-s10

Miley Cyrus? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miley Cyrus?   Miley Cyrus? EmptyThu May 01, 2008 8:17 am

Savannah wrote:
Her Dad, last week, was asked if he was worried about her growing up too fast, and he said "No, she has a good head on her shoulders. I trust her choices"

Well, it's great to trust your child - but the fact is, she's still a kid, and she NEEDS someone to be worried about her growing up too fast. She needs someone to guide her as she makes decisions. She needs someone to protect her in an industry that is known for exploing people. I mean, the fact that, at fifteen, she can still be manipulated into taking her clothes off for a photographer, with the mind set that "Nobody can say no to Annie" (the photographer) is evidence of all of that....... And there's nothing wrong with her being a kid.........there's plenty of time for her to be an adult. But her Dad has been in show business long enough that HE should have known better.

This is exactly how I feel, Savannah. This is where so many parents now are their kids' "friends" and not 'parents'. You know, I'm not saying Billy Ray is a bad parent...I can see thinking that at 15 he should be able to leave her at a photo shoot, but with the kind of business she's in, wouldn't you think they'd have talked about the possibility of this happening? I mean, how about being somewhat proactive here?! Like, "Ok Miley, I know you have a good head on our shoulders, but there are people out there that are going to try to exploit you and you have to be the strong one." You know, just reading her words, "You don't say no to Annie", makes you realize how child abuse even happens to kids in the teenage years. It's always so unfathomable to me, that someone could actually talk my boys into it, but they really ARE vulnerable and we're all idiots if we think our kids are invincible. Not that "Annie" abused her, but my gosh, what ever happened to parental consent???? Miley should NOT have been allowed to make this decision on her own, period. That's where there is no one to blame but the photographer, and it's ticking me off that there are celebs coming out to defend her. She deliberately exploited Miley and there's no excuse for that, no matter how 'artsy' the pictures are.Miley Cyrus? NonNon11 Do we know yet if there is frontal nudity, or is this just a picture of her back? If that's the only picture, I honestly don't think that's that bad, but the media is making it sound that there's more out there. Has the magazine been released?

Oh, and Jamie Lee Curtis compared this to Brooke Shields....yeah, I get it Jamie Lee, but haven't we come a loooooooooong way since the early 80's as far as child abuse/exploitation is concerned? She wasn't exactly handled with 'kid gloves' by her mother---she was all about exploiting her own daughter to make a buck---I don't see Billy Ray like that.

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Miley Cyrus? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miley Cyrus?   Miley Cyrus? EmptyThu May 01, 2008 10:20 am

Amy wrote:

This is exactly how I feel, Savannah. This is where so many parents now are their kids' "friends" and not 'parents'.

No friendship going on at my house. The girls call me the big, bad meanie. If they knew who he was they would probably call me Napoleon...though I think I'm taller.

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Miley Cyrus? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miley Cyrus?   Miley Cyrus? EmptyThu May 01, 2008 10:43 am

LOL Cheryl! :haha:

I think that's probably the mentality for most of us parents that grew up watching Little House. Were Pa & Ma meanies? No, but they set standards to be upheld, expectations of their kids. For example, did you ever hear about kids having 'sleep issues' back then? NO. They were expected to go to bed at a certain hour and stay in it. Now you have kids allowed to get out of their beds, sleep with their parents, etc etc....my hubby & I set it straight with the boys in infancy where their place was at night, and that's where they stayed...and we didn't have to beat them to teach them that either. grinsmiley We had NO sleep problems that some other parents I know have, simply because we were proactive about it. Just using this as example of this very 'friendly' parenting that is going on now in our society. Our boys love us and respect us...that's always been my goal. I know they would call me 'friend' too, but my job is not to be the kind of friend that they have at school.

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Coach Jon
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler
Coach Jon

Number of posts : 465
Location : The Harriet Oleson Institute for the Advancement of Blind Children

Miley Cyrus? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miley Cyrus?   Miley Cyrus? EmptyThu May 01, 2008 4:44 pm

I had something I was going to share on the subject of parenting and the world of entertainment journalism... but I have completely forgotten what it was now that I've heard "Achy Breaky Heart" again.

Miley Cyrus? NelliesRestaurantAdvertisement
"Only if you've been in the deepest valley can you ever know how magnificent it is to be on the highest mountain."
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665

Miley Cyrus? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miley Cyrus?   Miley Cyrus? EmptyThu May 01, 2008 5:07 pm

Coach Jon wrote:
I had something I was going to share on the subject of parenting and the world of entertainment journalism... but I have completely forgotten what it was now that I've heard "Achy Breaky Heart" again.

Laughing Jon....

Want to know something scary? I think I know about 5 versions of the dance to that song grinsmiley It was something I did... for a dance off at a party hahaha...

Miley Cyrus? Horses10
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Miley Cyrus? Princesrank
Savannah

Miley Cyrus? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miley Cyrus?   Miley Cyrus? EmptyThu May 01, 2008 5:44 pm

Carol! Let's see! grinsmiley

Shoot, I'm going to have that song in my head all NIGHT! Thanks a LOT, Misti! mad Laughing
Back to top Go down
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird
Misti

Miley Cyrus? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miley Cyrus?   Miley Cyrus? EmptyThu May 01, 2008 5:57 pm

I aim to please! grinsmiley

Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665

Miley Cyrus? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miley Cyrus?   Miley Cyrus? EmptyThu May 01, 2008 6:15 pm

Savannah wrote:

Okay you asked Laughing . I would like to thank youtube and the people for posting their videos and making them available for me to partake in the art of the "achy breaky" :haha:

Version 1: (I call it the knee version)

Version 2: The Winnie Yu version grinsmiley

Version 3: The 3 Dancers version *(I only do the first section of this version... I stop when they start dancing in circles) so I move on the next version...

Version 4: I just call this one the instructional version lol

Version 5: Last but not least, the spanish version also known as Caballo Dorado or 'golden horse' lol (this one has a slow and fast version). The fast version is tiring! Basically it's who can outlast everyone else I think lol

happy1 So I danced them in order... with the whole song.... lol

Miley Cyrus? Horses10
Back to top Go down
Coach Jon
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler
Coach Jon

Number of posts : 465
Location : The Harriet Oleson Institute for the Advancement of Blind Children

Miley Cyrus? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miley Cyrus?   Miley Cyrus? EmptyThu May 01, 2008 6:30 pm

Wow... I actually know how to do almost every dance you posted, Carol! Only I didn't learn them to Achy Breaky Heart, but rather to other songs. In college, I took a Line Dance class and I found myself remembering the moves before I saw them in some of these vids.

Miley Cyrus? NelliesRestaurantAdvertisement
"Only if you've been in the deepest valley can you ever know how magnificent it is to be on the highest mountain."
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : Miley Cyrus? Happy011

Miley Cyrus? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miley Cyrus?   Miley Cyrus? EmptyThu May 01, 2008 8:34 pm

Ok Some of you might call me Crazy But I LOVE Achy Breaky Heart Well i have heard a few times to many i'm not crazy about it anymore but i once was I still like to Listin to it every once in while I Use to Listin to it when the Chipmunks Sang it then Billy Ray then i listin to it in Spanish Yet Yep I LOVED that song my love for that song has cool down a little bit but i Still LOVE IT

Miley Cyrus? Jacobk10Miley Cyrus? Jacob210
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Miley Cyrus? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miley Cyrus?   Miley Cyrus? EmptyThu May 01, 2008 9:22 pm

Savannah wrote:

Shoot, I'm going to have that song in my head all NIGHT! Thanks a LOT, Misti! mad Laughing

Don't break my heart, my achy breaky heart,
I just don't think he'd understand.
And if you tell my heart, my achy breaky heart,
He might blow up and kill this man.

Is it in your head now, Savannah? :sing:

Back to top Go down
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird
Misti

Miley Cyrus? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miley Cyrus?   Miley Cyrus? EmptyThu May 01, 2008 9:34 pm

Coach Jon wrote:

Poor Jon! :alright: And it was probably something deep and meaningful too, huh? Cool

Back to top Go down
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird
Misti

Miley Cyrus? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miley Cyrus?   Miley Cyrus? EmptyThu May 01, 2008 9:36 pm

bethandmanly wrote:
Savannah wrote:

NOW you can put the blame on Cheryl...hey, at least it drove, "Go Tell It on the Mountain" out of your head! ROTFL Now its just the "Achy breaky!" grinsmiley

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Miley Cyrus? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miley Cyrus?   Miley Cyrus? EmptyThu May 01, 2008 9:39 pm

bethandmanly wrote:
Savannah wrote:

Maybe not but it's in my head now, Miss Cheryl!Miley Cyrus? Langue52 And right before bed, too! Miley Cyrus? Yeux04

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Miley Cyrus? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miley Cyrus?   Miley Cyrus? EmptyThu May 01, 2008 9:41 pm

[quote="Misti]

NOW you can put the blame on Cheryl...hey, at least it drove, "Go Tell It on the Mountain" out of your head! ROTFL [/quote]\

MISTI!!!!! Frying pan

Ooooh, and i like this one too---very appropriate: Miley Cyrus? Violence58

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Miley Cyrus? Princesrank
Savannah

Miley Cyrus? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miley Cyrus?   Miley Cyrus? EmptyThu May 01, 2008 9:46 pm

Cheryl!! WHY did I open this thread again?? :faint2:

Oh well.........Why fight it?

*Savannah grabs her line-dancing boots*

Miley Cyrus? Cowboyboots
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Miley Cyrus? Princesrank
Savannah

Miley Cyrus? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miley Cyrus?   Miley Cyrus? EmptyThu May 01, 2008 9:47 pm

Misti!! :Hahaha: The silver lining, eh?

And Amy........I LOVE that emoticon!!
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Miley Cyrus? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miley Cyrus?   Miley Cyrus? EmptyThu May 01, 2008 9:52 pm

grinsmiley Me too, tee hee! grinsmiley I figured Misti had it comin' to her! batEyes

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Miley Cyrus? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miley Cyrus?   Miley Cyrus? Empty

Back to top Go down

Miley Cyrus?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Little House on the Prairie :: The Pen & Plow’s Entertainment Section :: Television, Movies & Hollywood News-
Jump to: