Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Calling all Cyclists!

Go down 
+2
Amy
Carol
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665
Mood : Calling all Cyclists! Happy010

Calling all Cyclists! Empty
PostSubject: Calling all Cyclists!   Calling all Cyclists! EmptyMon May 05, 2008 3:12 pm

May is National Bike Month!
Calling all Cyclists! Things_bike

National Bike Month is Celebrated Across America

For the last 50 years the League of American Cyclists established and have been celebrating National Bike Month. National Bike Month brings out great inspiration and motivation for everyone to get out cycling, especially as the weather gets better too. Bikes rides and events, promoting safety, and Share the Road campaigns all aim to celebrate cycling across the nation, all supporting cleaner, healthier living. Thumbsup

--------------

Tell us about your bike riding experiences!!! How about if you tell us your most memorable bike riding experience? :idance:

I think I have 2 most memorable bike riding experiences. One of them is when 2 of my friends and I decided to go bike riding around town. We started early in the morning and we rode around town and we stopped at several of our friends houses for a couple of minutes.... to either drink something or have a snack... then get up again and ride to another's friend's house... lol. It was so much fun, we rode to so many streets and several of our friends houses.... the last stop was around 7pm at night I believe..... but man, we were sore the next day... hahaha , but the memory lasted a lifetime Thumbsup

The other experience I have is the time I thought I was cool and tried performing a bicycle trick.... this was after watching a movie called "RAD" which was about BMX tricks, etc....
When I was about to do the trick, I called my cousin to watch what I was about to do, and I missed the pedal and I went flying to the ground and scraped my knee on the street so bad..... bawling It was awful. I had to wear skirts for days at school and kids were always pointing at it... lol I got a huge scab and it drove me crazy when it itched...

Calling all Cyclists! Horses10
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Calling all Cyclists! Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Calling all Cyclists!   Calling all Cyclists! EmptyMon May 05, 2008 3:23 pm

Carol, you little daredevil you!! :haha: Glad you were ok!! I'm glad my kids have never gotten into those 'trick bikes'....they like their feet firmly planted on the ground! Calling all Cyclists! Sk8-01

I've never been a big biker...I go for short rides---my butt hurts too much after awhile! grinsmiley

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21172
Mood : Calling all Cyclists! Purple2

PostSubject: Re: Calling all Cyclists!   Calling all Cyclists! EmptyMon May 05, 2008 4:02 pm

I used to ride my bicycle all over the place and my dad used to ride his to work daily. One ride I remember quite well, and Carol, since you are in California, you can see how far I actually rode......I left my house in San Bernardino and rode all the way to Riverside. I was in *love* with this guy and my brother and I left early in the morning and rode all the way over there.......it was fun, but boy was I tired.....
Calling all Cyclists! 36_19_3

Calling all Cyclists! Rhonda10Calling all Cyclists! Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Number of posts : 5900

PostSubject: Re: Calling all Cyclists!   Calling all Cyclists! EmptyMon May 05, 2008 6:25 pm

One of my best memories is when my dad would pack up his bike, mine and my brother's and we would head out to ride the bike trails at the beach. He'd park a certain distance from the beach, then we would ride our bikes in.

Another thing I liked to do was to take our bikes camping. There was this big hill that you would go flying down, and we would take our bikes on the dirt trails. I still do this with my kids, at the same campground.

One strange story that involved a bike I had when I was a kid, was that 2 of my friends ended up getting hit by a car while riding my bike. The first time it was a boy in the neighborhood. I let him ride it down the street, and a neighbor ended up backing right into him while backing out of his driveway. The boy had to go get stitches. Then another time one of my good friends was riding the bike and my next-door neighbor hit her while backing out of her driveway. My friend ended up with a concussion. stars I think the bike was cursed!! affraid

Calling all Cyclists! PamKeeper
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Calling all Cyclists! Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428

PostSubject: Re: Calling all Cyclists!   Calling all Cyclists! EmptyMon May 05, 2008 9:25 pm

Oh wow, how scary, Pam!

We lived at the bottom of a big hill..........So, my brothers and I used to build ramps, ride our bikes down the hill as fast as we could, and see how high we could make our bikes jump.............Well, one time, I had built up the full speed, ramped my bike - and the front tire fell off!! :Hahaha: It was NOT a pretty landing. And, of course, this was when nobody wore helmets or padding of any kind.
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665

PostSubject: Re: Calling all Cyclists!   Calling all Cyclists! EmptyMon May 05, 2008 11:39 pm

Savannah wrote:
, I had built up the full speed, ramped my bike - and the front tire fell off!! :Hahaha: It was NOT a pretty landing.

Wow! :faint2:
Were any bones broken in that?

Pam, maybe that bike was cursed! LOL

Rhonda! wow girl..... what people do for love... lol

Amy, I had to change the seat on my bike and get a better one....the one it had was not going to do.... :haha:

Calling all Cyclists! Horses10
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

PostSubject: Re: Calling all Cyclists!   Calling all Cyclists! EmptyTue May 06, 2008 8:22 am

Oh wow, Savannah, that sure does not sound like it would have been a pretty landing!!!

You're right, Carol, the right bike seat makes all the difference in the world. The one that was on my bike when I bought it was about the size of the seat on my daughter's bike, it practically got lost in my butt cheeks. ROTFL I swear, I could barely walk the next day after riding my bike. Anyhow, a very good friend of mine got me a new bike seat for my birthday last year (I think she got tired of hearing about my sore tushie), and now I can ride that thing all over the place.

Back to top Go down
flatbroke
Man of Constant Sorrow
Man of Constant Sorrow
flatbroke

Number of posts : 2648
Mood : Calling all Cyclists! Party010

PostSubject: Re: Calling all Cyclists!   Calling all Cyclists! EmptyTue May 06, 2008 8:44 am

pamh36 wrote:
Oh wow, Savannah, that sure does not sound like it would have been a pretty landing!!!

You're right, Carol, the right bike seat makes all the difference in the world. The one that was on my bike when I bought it was about the size of the seat on my daughter's bike, it practically got lost in my butt cheeks. ROTFL I swear, I could barely walk the next day after riding my bike. Anyhow, a very good friend of mine got me a new bike seat for my birthday last year (I think she got tired of hearing about my sore tushie), and now I can ride that thing all over the place.

Sometimes, you ladies make it too easy.

But I'll let this one go. There's kids here. Cool
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

PostSubject: Re: Calling all Cyclists!   Calling all Cyclists! EmptyTue May 06, 2008 8:52 am

Larry, why'd you have to quote it? Now how am I supposed to change it? mad

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Calling all Cyclists! Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Calling all Cyclists!   Calling all Cyclists! EmptyTue May 06, 2008 9:08 am

Carol wrote:
Amy, I had to change the seat on my bike and get a better one....the one it had was not going to do.... :haha:

Yep, I've done that too...I've bought the 'big-booty' seat grinsmiley (I lovingly refer to it as "the granny seat" Wink ) and that was probably even more uncomfortable than the 'classic' style. I've also tried my mom's 'double cheek' seat...that one is ok---again, I can't ride it for long, but I think that both she & I have bought the cheap versions of these seats and I think you have to drop some money to get the results.

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21172
Mood : Calling all Cyclists! Purple2

PostSubject: Re: Calling all Cyclists!   Calling all Cyclists! EmptyTue Nov 18, 2014 7:11 pm

A new commercial being shown to raise awareness for cars and bicyclists. It was locally made here, and they seem to have gotten the message out. Being a rider myself, I hope people pay attention... HeeHee

Calling all Cyclists! Rhonda10Calling all Cyclists! Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Calling all Cyclists!   Calling all Cyclists! Empty

Back to top Go down

Calling all Cyclists!
Page 1 of 1