Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Is anyone canning yet?

Go down 
+5
Lily
Savannah
Farmer Girl
Rob
Carol
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Is anyone canning yet? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is anyone canning yet?   Is anyone canning yet? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 19, 2008 3:51 pm

What a beautiful Chapel Carol. :CoolSign:
Back to top Go down
Alice
On The African Savanna
On The African Savanna
Alice

Number of posts : 10766
Mood : Is anyone canning yet? - Page 2 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone canning yet?   Is anyone canning yet? - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 27, 2008 6:07 pm

I don't but my mother in law has a garden and also gets fresh produce from the Amish and cans alot.

Spring is finally here, the lovely pink blooms on the "spray" tree outside my window are gone leaving a beautiful willow.
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : Is anyone canning yet? - Page 2 Happy011

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone canning yet?   Is anyone canning yet? - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 28, 2008 11:40 am

We Started to Can on Monday we already did Peaches and Stuff Peppers

Is anyone canning yet? - Page 2 Jacobk10Is anyone canning yet? - Page 2 Jacob210
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665
Mood : Is anyone canning yet? - Page 2 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone canning yet?   Is anyone canning yet? - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 11, 2008 3:20 pm

Rob talking about frost made me remember this topic about snow lol. I forgot to mention that even if LIKED having snow on the floor right where I live, it's a good thing that we don't as that would mean heavy crop damage which would turn to less fruits & vegetables available to the country, not to mention high prices for them.

Here are some interesting facts: :fyi:

Is anyone canning yet? - Page 2 Smiley_farmer California is by far the most productive agricultural state in the country. With 4% of the nation’s farms, California generates 13% of U.S. farming receipts. In 2001, California generated nearly twice as much revenue as Texas, the next most productive state.

California grows more than half the nation’s fruits, nuts, and vegetables, producing more than 350 different crops and commodities. The state leads the nation in production of more than 70 specialty crops. It also leads in agricultural exports, shipping more than $6.5 billion in products around the world. Canada is the number one destination for California’s exports, followed by the European Union and Japan.

Is anyone canning yet? - Page 2 Sc_oc-farm2 In California, the Central Valley generated 57% of the state's agricultural output in 2002. Six of California’s top seven agricultural counties are located in the Central Valley (Fresno, Tulare, Kern, Merced, San Joaquin, Stanislaus). If the Central Valley were a separate state, it would rank first in agricultural production in the nation.

The unique combination of climate, soils, and water in the Central Valley is a major factor in its agricultural productivity. Because the Valley’s climate is mild most of the year, the growing seasons are longer. This condition in turn allows farmers to produce more crops than in other states.

Is anyone canning yet? - Page 2 CaliAgri

Is anyone canning yet? - Page 2 Horses10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone canning yet?   Is anyone canning yet? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Is anyone canning yet?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Little House on the Prairie :: Walnut Grove Community :: Town Gossip-
Jump to: