Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

School Bells are Ringing

Go down 
+5
Amy
Savannah
Teresa
pamh36
Gin
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : School Bells are Ringing - Page 2 Happy011

School Bells are Ringing - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: School Bells are Ringing   School Bells are Ringing - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 02, 2008 1:04 pm

Who Knows next thing i will know is my niece Luella will going to school won't have time for her onkel anymore bawling lol grinsmiley

School Bells are Ringing - Page 2 Jacobk10School Bells are Ringing - Page 2 Jacob210
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

Number of posts : 5286
Mood : School Bells are Ringing - Page 2 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: School Bells are Ringing   School Bells are Ringing - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 02, 2008 2:23 pm

Well, the bus was 20 minutes late, which is to be expected. Emily did great!! No tears. I didn't even have any. I was just so happy that she was going to be okay, that my nerves disappeared. I think that Emily's did too because she was getting so anxious, wondering what was taking so long. Whew!!!! The hard part is finally over! She's probably already at school by now. She'll be home at 4:00.

School Bells are Ringing - Page 2 TeresaKeeper
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21172
Mood : School Bells are Ringing - Page 2 Purple2

PostSubject: Re: School Bells are Ringing   School Bells are Ringing - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 02, 2008 2:31 pm

Awww Teresa......I remember when each of my boys left for school........ Blue

School Bells are Ringing - Page 2 Rhonda10School Bells are Ringing - Page 2 Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : School Bells are Ringing - Page 2 Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: School Bells are Ringing   School Bells are Ringing - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 02, 2008 4:08 pm

Wow, Teresa, congrats on getting through it! Thumbsup I'm proud of ya---that's better than I could have done! So cute that Emily was so ready to go---did you have her in preschool? I think it does make a difference, these kids who go through preschool and aren't just at home with 'mom'. I remember being terrified when my mom left me at Kindergarten---my sisters had been in school for a long time and I was the youngest, so my mom and I were very close. I definitely laid it on thick when she left me! bawling

Nick's first day was AWESOME, btw. Makes me feel SO much better about the decision we made! He met up with some old friends from his first school, and he loves the 'real' middle school atmosphere---much different than Catholic school. He's ready for that 'step up', I think. I couldn't be more thrilled! happy1

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: School Bells are Ringing   School Bells are Ringing - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 02, 2008 7:16 pm

Oh, that's wonderful, Amy!! I'm so glad Nick had a great first day. Emily was in preschool for 2 years. She was in a 3-4 year old class, and then last year she was in the year before kindergarten class.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: School Bells are Ringing   School Bells are Ringing - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 03, 2008 12:33 am

Well, my nephew started 10th grade. He had a good first day.

Glad your kids did as well, Amy and Teresa.
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62619
Mood : School Bells are Ringing - Page 2 Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: School Bells are Ringing   School Bells are Ringing - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 03, 2008 8:06 am

Congrats to all the moms (and their kids) who had a good first day! Thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920

PostSubject: Re: School Bells are Ringing   School Bells are Ringing - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 03, 2008 11:08 am

Madison did well. He and Nathan have been in school since Aug. 25th, so things have settled now. Madison got his violin yesterday and is really excited about that. Today he is already having his school year picture made. My, how we had issues over the shirt he would wear!
The photographer in me kept telling him solid colors work best, but he wanted a polo with a big number 13 on the front! We both finally decided on a green polo with a stripe. I just said " Put it on, but please dont smile like you have a cigarette in one side of your mouth." He gave me his best Popeye impression and said " Sure Mom...I'll do my best."

Its so funny how school pictures turn out. One year Nathan and I had issues about his shirt and then when I got the pictures back I almost had a meltdown when I saw that he had kept his jacket on over it! I keep telling them " Its your pictures that you will hate one day..."
I have to remember not to make a big deal of it....but when I take their picture I have the final say. 📷

School Bells are Ringing - Page 2 Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: School Bells are Ringing   School Bells are Ringing - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 03, 2008 12:58 pm

Gin, how is your niece, Emily doing?

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417

PostSubject: Re: School Bells are Ringing   School Bells are Ringing - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 04, 2008 9:50 am

Gin, glad to hear your boys are doing well too! Madison sounds like quite the ham! Wink LOL about the school pictures! Ah, I understand it well---it's a battle every single year! Whistle

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: School Bells are Ringing   School Bells are Ringing - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

School Bells are Ringing
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2