Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

LHOP: The Complete Series on DVD

Go down 
+15
Rob
Rhonda
Gin
carolineingalls
RoseRed
ChristinaAL
Prairie Dweller
emilyanneoftheprairie
Amy
Docfan
Lori
Farmer Girl
Savannah
Carol
bethandmanly
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : LHOP: The Complete Series on DVD - Page 2 Bokmal10

LHOP: The Complete Series on DVD - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: LHOP: The Complete Series on DVD   LHOP: The Complete Series on DVD - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 25, 2008 11:44 pm

One of the my buddies in Germany just received a copy. She hasn't had time to dive too much into it, but it looks like Imavision did not include all the original bonus content from the single season DVD releases. That would mean all of Dean's and Alison's interviews are gone, plus the one with Dabbs Greer; the commentaries Alison did for "Back to School" and "Come Let Us Reason Together"; and the the nice stuff that was included by Dean for Seasons 9 and 10.

I'm waiting for confirmation from her before I announce that at my blog, but if it's true, that's a crime.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
carolineingalls
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
carolineingalls

Number of posts : 1209
Mood : LHOP: The Complete Series on DVD - Page 2 Pbucket

PostSubject: Re: LHOP: The Complete Series on DVD   LHOP: The Complete Series on DVD - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 26, 2008 9:06 am

Lori wrote:
I like the case, too. The only way I would consider buying it is if they were the uncut episodes. I already have all the individual seasons so there would be no reason to get them again unless they were uncut.

The UK versions are all uncut, Lori. If you have a multi region DVD player you can play them but we've only up to season 5 on release so far. If you don't have a multi region player it's really easy (and free!) to convert your own. I can play American DVD's on my player so if you're interested, let me know.

LHOP: The Complete Series on DVD - Page 2 MaureenKeeper

"To change your life takes a lot of courage and energy. It's not for wimps." Karen Grassle. April 2006
Back to top Go down
Prairie Dweller
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
Prairie Dweller

Number of posts : 853
Mood : LHOP: The Complete Series on DVD - Page 2 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: LHOP: The Complete Series on DVD   LHOP: The Complete Series on DVD - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 26, 2008 12:09 pm

Oh, that stinks that it doesn't appear to have all of the extras that were on the single dvds. No

The set is two hundred dollars at Amazon (twenty a season!!) so I was considering ordering it if it had all (or the vast majority of the good extras) of the single season extras and then selling my seasons to help pay for the boxed set.

I doubt I'd buy it without it's having the single seasons extras.

LHOP: The Complete Series on DVD - Page 2 PDKeeper
Back to top Go down
http://avonleavignettes.com
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665

PostSubject: Re: LHOP: The Complete Series on DVD   LHOP: The Complete Series on DVD - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 26, 2008 12:36 pm

I wish I could just get the 'wagon' case so I can put all my Little House DVDs in... grinsmiley

LHOP: The Complete Series on DVD - Page 2 LittleHouse_Complete

LHOP: The Complete Series on DVD - Page 2 Horses10
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920
Mood : LHOP: The Complete Series on DVD - Page 2 Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: LHOP: The Complete Series on DVD   LHOP: The Complete Series on DVD - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 04, 2008 5:35 pm

Why do people do us this way????? I have seasons 1, 2, 3, 9 and the tv movies. I was planning to save my "egg money" for this box set. I've seen this in three different stores ranging in prices of $200-$230.
Little House is the ONLY show I would possibly have both...just to get everything but man what a nasty trick to play on fans.

LHOP: The Complete Series on DVD - Page 2 Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
Prairie Dweller
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
Prairie Dweller

Number of posts : 853

PostSubject: Re: LHOP: The Complete Series on DVD   LHOP: The Complete Series on DVD - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 06, 2008 2:27 pm

lol I'd like to have the wagon too... and the extras cd with it. It'd be cool if they let you order just that!

LHOP: The Complete Series on DVD - Page 2 PDKeeper
Back to top Go down
http://avonleavignettes.com
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: LHOP: The Complete Series on DVD   LHOP: The Complete Series on DVD - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 06, 2008 8:45 pm

Gin wrote:
Why do people do us this way????? I have seasons 1, 2, 3, 9 and the tv movies. I was planning to save my "egg money" for this box set. I've seen this in three different stores ranging in prices of $200-$230.
Little House is the ONLY show I would possibly have both...just to get everything but man what a nasty trick to play on fans.

Other series are doing it too. DQ just came out with a complete set and those single sets aren't cheap--which is why I only own the first season. There doesn't seem to be additional bonus features with the new set either.

I guess we should have seen this coming, but I still don't like it. It would be one thing if the LHOP Mega-Pack had uncut episodes plus the new bonus content, but to take away all the old interviews and commentaries--which it appears they did--and give us the same cut episodes is just not right. And think of all the hard work that Dean and the others put into making the new bonus content--which my friend from Austria says is absolutely wonderful--when not many fans are willing to buy the complete set as it is.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: LHOP: The Complete Series on DVD   LHOP: The Complete Series on DVD - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 06, 2008 11:47 pm

bethandmanly wrote:
One of the my buddies in Germany just received a copy. She hasn't had time to dive too much into it, but it looks like Imavision did not include all the original bonus content from the single season DVD releases. That would mean all of Dean's and Alison's interviews are gone, plus the one with Dabbs Greer; the commentaries Alison did for "Back to School" and "Come Let Us Reason Together"; and the the nice stuff that was included by Dean for Seasons 9 and 10.

I'm waiting for confirmation from her before I announce that at my blog, but if it's true, that's a crime.

:yeahthat: mad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: LHOP: The Complete Series on DVD   LHOP: The Complete Series on DVD - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 08, 2008 5:34 am

I.m so far behind ...here we have just had season 5 released.....i am buying them as soon as they are available but have noticed the movie length specials i have brought as sepearates are not complete ...scenes are missing that are seen when the said movie /double episode in season is release. I cant wait for season 6 to be available here
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21172
Mood : LHOP: The Complete Series on DVD - Page 2 Purple2

PostSubject: Re: LHOP: The Complete Series on DVD   LHOP: The Complete Series on DVD - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 24, 2009 2:12 pm

LHOP: The Complete Series on DVD - Page 2 184143 MY CHRISTMAS GIFT FROM JOSH!!!! LHOP: The Complete Series on DVD - Page 2 46567 LHOP: The Complete Series on DVD - Page 2 303544

LHOP: The Complete Series on DVD - Page 2 LittleHouse_Complete

LHOP: The Complete Series on DVD - Page 2 Rhonda10LHOP: The Complete Series on DVD - Page 2 Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62620
Mood : LHOP: The Complete Series on DVD - Page 2 Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: LHOP: The Complete Series on DVD   LHOP: The Complete Series on DVD - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 24, 2009 2:37 pm

Wow, what a great present! Nice kid ya got there! LHOP: The Complete Series on DVD - Page 2 39447
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

PostSubject: Re: LHOP: The Complete Series on DVD   LHOP: The Complete Series on DVD - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 24, 2009 2:52 pm

Wow, that is awesome!!! LHOP: The Complete Series on DVD - Page 2 Hi5

Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: LHOP: The Complete Series on DVD   LHOP: The Complete Series on DVD - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 24, 2009 2:53 pm

I know....I cried!!! LHOP: The Complete Series on DVD - Page 2 18022

LHOP: The Complete Series on DVD - Page 2 Rhonda10LHOP: The Complete Series on DVD - Page 2 Lauram10
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: LHOP: The Complete Series on DVD   LHOP: The Complete Series on DVD - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 24, 2009 3:28 pm

Woo-hoo! Now it''s time for some serious LHOP watching. showpop

Back to top Go down
Coach Jon
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler
Coach Jon

Number of posts : 465
Location : The Harriet Oleson Institute for the Advancement of Blind Children

PostSubject: Re: LHOP: The Complete Series on DVD   LHOP: The Complete Series on DVD - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 24, 2009 5:28 pm

I wonder if they sell that case separately... right now the entire LHOTP series takes up an entire row of book shelf in my living room. I'm looking to make some room for Family Ties and Cosby.

LHOP: The Complete Series on DVD - Page 2 NelliesRestaurantAdvertisement
"Only if you've been in the deepest valley can you ever know how magnificent it is to be on the highest mountain."
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

PostSubject: Re: LHOP: The Complete Series on DVD   LHOP: The Complete Series on DVD - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 24, 2009 8:30 pm

Coach Jon wrote:
I wonder if they sell that case separately... right now the entire LHOTP series takes up an entire row of book shelf in my living room. I'm looking to make some room for Family Ties and Cosby.

I know! lol I would love just the case myself! It's much prettier and saves a lot of room!

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417

PostSubject: Re: LHOP: The Complete Series on DVD   LHOP: The Complete Series on DVD - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 26, 2009 2:25 pm

Wow, what a great gift from your son Rhonda! OhMy Congrats! Thumbsup

I wish I had the condensed sets of both Little House and Dr. Quinn (and X-Files, LOL), because of the space issues!! I only have seasons 1 and 2 of Little house, so I'm holding out on buying anymore until I can get the big set.

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

PostSubject: Re: LHOP: The Complete Series on DVD   LHOP: The Complete Series on DVD - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 26, 2009 9:06 pm

Thats great Rhonda....way to go Josh!

At my house if its on fire I would grab, the kids, animals and LH dvds. I can always buy more underwear. LOL

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417

PostSubject: Re: LHOP: The Complete Series on DVD   LHOP: The Complete Series on DVD - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 28, 2009 9:41 am

Gin wrote:
At my house if its on fire I would grab, the kids, animals and LH dvds. I can always buy more underwear. LOL

Gin! laugh3

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Lori

Number of posts : 6032

PostSubject: Re: LHOP: The Complete Series on DVD   LHOP: The Complete Series on DVD - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 28, 2009 10:49 pm

What a great gift, Rhonda!

LHOP: The Complete Series on DVD - Page 2 Lorike10
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
LHOP: The Complete Series on DVD - Page 2 Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428

PostSubject: Re: LHOP: The Complete Series on DVD   LHOP: The Complete Series on DVD - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 28, 2009 10:52 pm

Oh WOW, Rhonda!! What a great gift!
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
Proverbs 3:5-6
Proverbs 3:5-6
LIWnut

Number of posts : 2539
Mood : LHOP: The Complete Series on DVD - Page 2 Cloud910

PostSubject: Re: LHOP: The Complete Series on DVD   LHOP: The Complete Series on DVD - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 29, 2009 8:40 pm

Do you like the bonus material? I don't have th complete box set but a friend does and I saw some of the extras. Very cool.

LHOP: The Complete Series on DVD - Page 2 MarilynKeeper LHOP: The Complete Series on DVD - Page 2 Bookclub2
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: LHOP: The Complete Series on DVD   LHOP: The Complete Series on DVD - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 29, 2009 8:53 pm

Marilyn, I haven't even had time to watch any of it yet......so much going on.....Need to take my DVD player with me to Missouri and watch there....... LHOP: The Complete Series on DVD - Page 2 129986

Back to top Go down
jes9
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
jes9

Number of posts : 1066

PostSubject: Re: LHOP: The Complete Series on DVD   LHOP: The Complete Series on DVD - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 09, 2010 9:29 am

I bought it over the holiday break and have been enjoying it this last week. Having only watched the first three episodes and a couple of the extras so far, I've noticed a lot of scenes that Hallmark cuts out. There were some scenes in Country Girls and 100 Mile Walk I don't think I've ever seen before.

I'd been thinking about getting DVDs of my favorite TV shows for a year or so, and the kick start I needed to get going was my parents bought me the complete Dr. Quinn series and a compilation of Looney Tunes (my favorite cartoons as a kid) as Christmas presents. I then went to Amazon and bought LHotP, seasons 1-9 of The Simpsons, and seasons 1-9 of 7th Heaven. Yeah, I know, The Simpsons, LHotP, Dr. Quinn, 7th Heaven, and Looney Tunes -- that's quite an odd mix, but then I'm an odd mix myself. Smile

Well, it's now official -- I am a hardcore LHotP fanatic, as if there were any remaining doubt.

LHOP: The Complete Series on DVD - Page 2 JohnKeeper
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

PostSubject: Re: LHOP: The Complete Series on DVD   LHOP: The Complete Series on DVD - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 09, 2010 5:07 pm

Glad you can join our crazy pack of prairiedogs around here. I also have Dr. Quinn, LH and now The Waltons, Love Come Softly series and a few Hallmark Christmas movies. My collection has grown in a years time.
I think my next thing is some of Melissa Gilberts movies and The Anne of Green Gables series. I love to get good deals on them, makes me feel better about buying them.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: LHOP: The Complete Series on DVD   LHOP: The Complete Series on DVD - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

LHOP: The Complete Series on DVD
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next