Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Anne of Green Gables: A New Beginning

Go down 
+6
Amy
Carol
JW
bethandmanly
Savannah
Misti
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Anne of Green Gables: A New Beginning - Page 2 Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428
Mood : Anne of Green Gables: A New Beginning - Page 2 Happy010

Anne of Green Gables: A New Beginning - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anne of Green Gables: A New Beginning   Anne of Green Gables: A New Beginning - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 24, 2008 12:25 pm

HA! Amy, that was my first thought when I saw her, too. "She's too adorable to play Anne!". Anne was supposed to have been skinny and rather . . . average looking as a little girl. This little girl is darling.

Another thing that bothered me is that even if I could buy the ridiculous storyline and timeline . . . . I don't see Matthew and Marilla hiding letters, etc. under the floorboards of Green Gables. *rolls eyes* Marilla was far too practical for that. If she didn't want Anne knowing about the information, she'd have tossed the letters in the woodstove. But, honestly, if something like that had taken place, I really think that Marilla would have given Anne the letters once Anne reached adulthood. The whole thing is annoying to me. It isn't as if the books are without merit, you know? Why not follow the BOOKS??
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Anne of Green Gables: A New Beginning - Page 2 Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Anne of Green Gables: A New Beginning   Anne of Green Gables: A New Beginning - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 24, 2008 12:37 pm

Oh, good---glad it's not only me! grinsmiley

And I completely agree Savannah----Marilla would NEVER have done that! Can you even picture Marilla deliberating over it? :think: The thought is actually humorous! And YES, I agree---if she didn't just come out and burn them IF they were ever in her possession, then she certainly would have shared them with Anne in adulthood. The question is, WHY would they ever have been in her possession anyway? Are we made to believe that the orphanage actually kept something like this for one 'lowly' orphan girl---like they'd really care? Not seeing it.

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Anne of Green Gables: A New Beginning   Anne of Green Gables: A New Beginning - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 24, 2008 12:55 pm

That's an excellent point! Especially considering how many orphanages and foster homes Anne went through. Mrs. Thomas (of the last foster "family" that Anne lived with) would certainly not have been considerate enough to save anything belonging to Anne. She was just desperate to get rid of her.

And I'm wondering when Anne got Green Gables back. Didn't she give it to Diana and Fred at the end of the third movie? (Which irked me, by the way. I know that Anne loved Diana, but I can't see Anne willingly giving up Green Gables to *anyone*) So, either she's gotten it back again, or she's pulling up boards at Diana's house. Maybe they've been having too much cordial again. batEyes
Back to top Go down
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird
Misti

Number of posts : 4112

PostSubject: Re: Anne of Green Gables: A New Beginning   Anne of Green Gables: A New Beginning - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 24, 2008 1:09 pm

Amy wrote:
Ok, I know this is going to sound bad, but is it possible that the young girl playing Anne is a tad too 'cute' to be her? Megan was more on the 'average' side (still cute in my eyes), but this girl is adorable, IMO, and the books don't describe Anne as being such. At least Anne didn't view herself that way. What do you think? Am I way off base here? Also, her hair is a BEAUTIFUL shade of red---it's very similar to my friend's red hair. Certainly not the 'carrots' of Megan's/Anne's hair! At least at that younger age...when they shortened the hair after she dyed it green, then it took on more of the strawberry color.

Actually, now that I see Barbara with her hair done and dressed for the role, she kind of passes. But like the rest of you, I don't feel right about supporting this even if I did want to see it. My heart really isn't in it anyway. I still have a lot of the Anne series to see anyway! Whistle

Strange, I was thinking earlier when I was in this thread what a cute little girl she is! grinsmiley

Anne of Green Gables: A New Beginning - Page 2 HummerAnne of Green Gables: A New Beginning - Page 2 MistiKeeperAnne of Green Gables: A New Beginning - Page 2 Bookclub5Anne of Green Gables: A New Beginning - Page 2 Rose
"I would fight for you - I'd lie for you - walk the wire for you - ya I'd die for you..."
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : Anne of Green Gables: A New Beginning - Page 2 Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Anne of Green Gables: A New Beginning   Anne of Green Gables: A New Beginning - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 24, 2008 10:38 pm

I wonder how much hate mail Sullivan is getting over this.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Anne of Green Gables: A New Beginning   Anne of Green Gables: A New Beginning - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 24, 2008 10:41 pm

:Hahaha: If I believed in sending hate mail, he'd have one more letter.
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : Anne of Green Gables: A New Beginning - Page 2 Happy011

PostSubject: Re: Anne of Green Gables: A New Beginning   Anne of Green Gables: A New Beginning - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 24, 2008 10:46 pm

Savannah wrote:
That's an excellent point! Especially considering how many orphanages and foster homes Anne went through. Mrs. Thomas (of the last foster "family" that Anne lived with) would certainly not have been considerate enough to save anything belonging to Anne. She was just desperate to get rid of her.

And I'm wondering when Anne got Green Gables back. Didn't she give it to Diana and Fred at the end of the third movie? (Which irked me, by the way. I know that Anne loved Diana, but I can't see Anne willingly giving up Green Gables to *anyone*) So, either she's gotten it back again, or she's pulling up boards at Diana's house. Maybe they've been having too much cordial again. batEyes

Well Yes Savannah She give the House to Diana and Fred what i though she should of never done she loved Green Gabels to much But on Road to Avonlea Marilla Died again (Cause she had died in anne of green gabels they did't show it but they said so anyways) And now on Road to Avonlea then Gilbert had to come and fight for Green Gables did't see the whole episode so i don't know if Gilbert and Anne got it or not but it just seems wierd

Anne of Green Gables: A New Beginning - Page 2 Jacobk10Anne of Green Gables: A New Beginning - Page 2 Jacob210
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: Anne of Green Gables: A New Beginning   Anne of Green Gables: A New Beginning - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 24, 2008 11:24 pm

Keep in mind too that Green Gables suffered a fire in the 3rd movie and those letters could have been destroyed. This is absolutely the most ridiculous storyline I have ever heard of. Shame on Sullivan Entertainment. mad

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Anne of Green Gables: A New Beginning   Anne of Green Gables: A New Beginning - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 25, 2008 10:04 am

Ok, I went to a site with a clip, and I guess the little girl isn't as cute as I thought she was from that picture. Also, her hair looks darker red too, than in the pic. So I guess she works for Anne. grinsmiley However, judging from the clip her acting is anything but convincing...I would never be able to embrace her as Anne. I know she's just a kid, but there are a lot of great child actors out there.

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Anne of Green Gables: A New Beginning   Anne of Green Gables: A New Beginning - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 25, 2008 10:35 am

I was researching Lucy Maud a bit and found this information, just published yesterday. WOW.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/LAC.20080924.MONTGOMERY24/TPStory/National

I had no idea that there was a biography coming out. I'll have to read this!

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Anne of Green Gables: A New Beginning   Anne of Green Gables: A New Beginning - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 25, 2008 1:02 pm

That's quite a fascinating article, Amy. Thanks for the link! I knew that there was a biography coming out eventually - but I didn't realize that it's this year. I should have made the connection, though, with AoGG's 100th Anniversary and all.
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: Anne of Green Gables: A New Beginning   Anne of Green Gables: A New Beginning - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 25, 2008 1:55 pm

I can't wait to get my hands on the biography. It will certainly be interesting to read more about LMM.

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Anne of Green Gables: A New Beginning   Anne of Green Gables: A New Beginning - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 25, 2008 4:10 pm

You're welcome Savannah, I knew you all would be interested in that. I was surprised to find something so new on my 'search' of LMM, considering I hadn't looked her up until this morning. Truthfully I don't know that much about her. I'm interested in reading the bio too Cheryl.

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anne of Green Gables: A New Beginning   Anne of Green Gables: A New Beginning - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 27, 2008 7:26 pm

ok..am so annoyed!..The book was so stupid! did't like it!...........I mean they totally messed up the movie..am so not gonna watch it.....I agree dont think LMM would like it one bit!....
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Anne of Green Gables: A New Beginning   Anne of Green Gables: A New Beginning - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 27, 2008 9:11 pm

sweetheart wrote:
ok..am so annoyed!..The book was so stupid! did't like it!...........

:Hahaha: I *know* that my reaction would be similar, so I'm not going to read it. And I don't like the idea of somebody messing around with Anne's early childhood withouth LMM's input.
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62620
Mood : Anne of Green Gables: A New Beginning - Page 2 Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: Anne of Green Gables: A New Beginning   Anne of Green Gables: A New Beginning - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 27, 2008 9:24 pm

Anne of Green Gables: A New Beginning - Page 2 Ec6c84422835

Look at that word up there. Should I let it go, just this once? I'm so torn...
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Anne of Green Gables: A New Beginning   Anne of Green Gables: A New Beginning - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 27, 2008 9:30 pm

*sigh* Anne of Green Gables: A New Beginning - Page 2 Thshame

Would you believe that it's an old English variation? batEyes
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62620
Mood : Anne of Green Gables: A New Beginning - Page 2 Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: Anne of Green Gables: A New Beginning   Anne of Green Gables: A New Beginning - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 27, 2008 9:34 pm

Yeth, I will buy that. :sillySmiley:
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: Anne of Green Gables: A New Beginning   Anne of Green Gables: A New Beginning - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 27, 2008 10:48 pm

But both words have a tie to Anne because her daughter Rilla spoke with a lisp and she said "yeth" for "yes", so I guess we'll have to let Savannah and Rob by with a pass.

Back to top Go down
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird
Misti

Number of posts : 4112

PostSubject: Re: Anne of Green Gables: A New Beginning   Anne of Green Gables: A New Beginning - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 27, 2008 11:21 pm

Isn't it amazing how someone that had such a tortured life could put out something as wonderful as "Anne?"

Anne of Green Gables: A New Beginning - Page 2 HummerAnne of Green Gables: A New Beginning - Page 2 MistiKeeperAnne of Green Gables: A New Beginning - Page 2 Bookclub5Anne of Green Gables: A New Beginning - Page 2 Rose
"I would fight for you - I'd lie for you - walk the wire for you - ya I'd die for you..."
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: Anne of Green Gables: A New Beginning   Anne of Green Gables: A New Beginning - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 28, 2008 12:57 am

I sometimes wonder if that's part of the creative outlet. Look at all the actors, artists, writers and musicians who have dreadful lives but create such beauty with their work.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anne of Green Gables: A New Beginning   Anne of Green Gables: A New Beginning - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 11, 2008 8:16 pm

Savannah wrote:
sweetheart wrote:
ok..am so annoyed!..The book was so stupid! did't like it!...........

:Hahaha: I *know* that my reaction would be similar, so I'm not going to read it. And I don't like the idea of somebody messing around with Anne's early childhood withouth LMM's input.

she really ruined a great thing!

i liked it better not knowing..cuz in our heads we all had our own ideas about it!...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anne of Green Gables: A New Beginning   Anne of Green Gables: A New Beginning - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 11, 2008 8:18 pm

bethandmanly wrote:
I sometimes wonder if that's part of the creative outlet. Look at all the actors, artists, writers and musicians who have dreadful lives but create such beauty with their work.

i know
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anne of Green Gables: A New Beginning   Anne of Green Gables: A New Beginning - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 14, 2008 11:56 pm

bethandmanly wrote:
No way! They killed off Gilbert? Forget it. I sure won't waste my time watching it. I can't even imagine Barbara Hershey as Anne. And come to think of it, if Gil served in WWI in the Anne 3 movie, he would be too old to serve in WWII anyway.

I agree.....it broke my heart
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45733
Mood : Anne of Green Gables: A New Beginning - Page 2 Headac10

PostSubject: Re: Anne of Green Gables: A New Beginning   Anne of Green Gables: A New Beginning - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 4:41 pm

Ok!..If they had to use all new cast.Fine. But why not just made up a knew story about anne/gilbert & the children.That be better.

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anne of Green Gables: A New Beginning   Anne of Green Gables: A New Beginning - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Anne of Green Gables: A New Beginning
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2