Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Headbanging Stuff Anyone?

Go down 
+6
ChristinaAL
Lily
Savannah
JW
Carol
Misti
10 posters
AuthorMessage

The Headbanging Stuff Anyone? Empty
PostSubject: The Headbanging Stuff Anyone?   The Headbanging Stuff Anyone? EmptyTue Sep 23, 2008 12:13 am

I'm a 'HeadBanger'. Anyone else into the 'heavy' stuff? I could type a list of 200 bands/artists I like, but... that would'nt even cover but about a quarter of it, theres just to much to mention/list. But, if I had to name lets say just 10... I would go with,
In no particular order really:
1. Slayer
2. Meshuggah
3. Devourment
4. Marduk
5. Solefald
6. Pumpjack
7. Kryoburn
8. Origin
9. Death
10. Burzum

I've been a heavy metal bassist for a long time, I like to actualy get out there and play at concerts, tour around, etc.

I bet Michael Landon could have headbanged with the best of'em, ya think?
Back to top Go down
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird
Misti

Number of posts : 4112
Mood : The Headbanging Stuff Anyone? Happy010

PostSubject: Re: The Headbanging Stuff Anyone?   The Headbanging Stuff Anyone? EmptyTue Sep 23, 2008 10:42 am

Hey, congrats. on your second post! grinsmiley I think some of the others on this board like some of the older, harder rock, groups.

No, I'm not really into heavy metal though I'd take it any day over rap! :shifty: ROTFL

The Headbanging Stuff Anyone? HummerThe Headbanging Stuff Anyone? MistiKeeperThe Headbanging Stuff Anyone? Bookclub5The Headbanging Stuff Anyone? Rose
"I would fight for you - I'd lie for you - walk the wire for you - ya I'd die for you..."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Headbanging Stuff Anyone?   The Headbanging Stuff Anyone? EmptyTue Sep 23, 2008 3:42 pm

Just the thought of headbanging, gives me a headache. :unsure: lol
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665

PostSubject: Re: The Headbanging Stuff Anyone?   The Headbanging Stuff Anyone? EmptyTue Sep 23, 2008 3:57 pm

Misti wrote:
No, I'm not really into heavy metal though I'd take it any day over rap! :shifty: ROTFL

I think I'll take rap... lol

The Headbanging Stuff Anyone? Horses10
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : The Headbanging Stuff Anyone? Happy011

PostSubject: Re: The Headbanging Stuff Anyone?   The Headbanging Stuff Anyone? EmptyTue Sep 23, 2008 4:46 pm

headbanging is SO annoying I'll stick to good old Country Music

The Headbanging Stuff Anyone? Jacobk10The Headbanging Stuff Anyone? Jacob210
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Headbanging Stuff Anyone?   The Headbanging Stuff Anyone? EmptyTue Sep 23, 2008 7:29 pm

JW wrote:
headbanging is SO annoying I'll stick to good old Country Music

:agree:
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
The Headbanging Stuff Anyone? Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54425

PostSubject: Re: The Headbanging Stuff Anyone?   The Headbanging Stuff Anyone? EmptyTue Sep 23, 2008 7:40 pm

I have such a headache tonight that even the term "headbanging" is unpleasant to me. No

I love music, though. From Beethoven to Big Band, and hymns to Haydn.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Headbanging Stuff Anyone?   The Headbanging Stuff Anyone? EmptyTue Sep 23, 2008 7:41 pm

I hope you feel better soon, Savannah. :alright:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Headbanging Stuff Anyone?   The Headbanging Stuff Anyone? EmptyWed Sep 24, 2008 12:40 pm

Thanks for the replies. Good to see a good amount of activity here. I hope I can make it by as often as possible. I've got alot going but I definately wanted to drop in on this forum and give a shout-out if ya know what I mean.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Headbanging Stuff Anyone?   The Headbanging Stuff Anyone? EmptyWed Sep 24, 2008 12:55 pm

Carol wrote:
Misti wrote:

I think I'll take rap... lol

I am with ya, Carol. Whistle
Back to top Go down
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird
Misti

Number of posts : 4112

PostSubject: Re: The Headbanging Stuff Anyone?   The Headbanging Stuff Anyone? EmptyWed Sep 24, 2008 1:04 pm

I've said it so many times and it's worth repeating: we have a wide diversity of people that are members of this forum but regardless of that, of ANY forum I've EVER been on, this one is the friendliest one I've ever been on! Cheer happy1

The Headbanging Stuff Anyone? HummerThe Headbanging Stuff Anyone? MistiKeeperThe Headbanging Stuff Anyone? Bookclub5The Headbanging Stuff Anyone? Rose
"I would fight for you - I'd lie for you - walk the wire for you - ya I'd die for you..."
Back to top Go down
Lily
"Beautiful Life"
The Headbanging Stuff Anyone? LilyRank2
Lily

Number of posts : 6784
Mood : The Headbanging Stuff Anyone? Vianne10

PostSubject: Re: The Headbanging Stuff Anyone?   The Headbanging Stuff Anyone? EmptyWed Sep 24, 2008 11:03 pm

My boyfriend from HS was into Slayer, Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath. When I was in HS, I was into GNR, Metallica, etc. Shoot, I still have them in cassette tapes. :haha:

"Within the heart of every stray, lies the singular desire to be loved."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Headbanging Stuff Anyone?   The Headbanging Stuff Anyone? EmptyFri Sep 26, 2008 12:01 pm

Well, for the record I like all kinds of music. I can handle listening to and respecting almost any form of music. A few weeks ago I went to a bluegrass festival. That was my 3rd year in a row to go to that particular festival. But as a kid growing up my aunt and uncle used to organize bluegrass festivals and I was at alot of them, so its in the blood kinda.

I like old, old country and western music more so than modern pop/rock country.

As for rap and hip hop, I can handle it in small portions, if its a good song I like to get my 8 string guitar out, tuned lower than whale $h*# and make up some heavy KoRn style guitar riffs to go along with the phat beats.

wuzzup.....
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
The Headbanging Stuff Anyone? Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54425

PostSubject: Re: The Headbanging Stuff Anyone?   The Headbanging Stuff Anyone? EmptyFri Sep 26, 2008 1:48 pm

Oooh, I love bluegrass! Doyle Lawson played here in my town a couple of years ago. (And since I live up north, that's a rarity around here) But, I couldn't get the day off, and had to work. I wish we had bluegrass festivals around here.
Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

Number of posts : 2761

PostSubject: Re: The Headbanging Stuff Anyone?   The Headbanging Stuff Anyone? EmptySat Oct 04, 2008 7:56 pm

My fiance teases me b/c my taste in music goes from one extreme to the other - I'll listen to George Strait, then Metallica, Carrie Underwood, then Ozzy. I do like some headbanging stuff, but to be quite honest, some of the really 'heavy' stuff can be a little frightening.

The Headbanging Stuff Anyone? ChristinaKeeper2 The Headbanging Stuff Anyone? 10bChristina

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Headbanging Stuff Anyone?   The Headbanging Stuff Anyone? EmptySun Oct 05, 2008 2:21 am

I am a metal and punk girl! \m/ I married a guitar player that in his younger days, long before we met, had metal bands off and on when he lived in PA. They played clubs and stuff.
Back to top Go down
poo_cat
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

Number of posts : 89
Mood : The Headbanging Stuff Anyone? Innoce10

PostSubject: Re: The Headbanging Stuff Anyone?   The Headbanging Stuff Anyone? EmptyThu Jan 22, 2009 10:41 pm

I'm not into the speed / black / death metal like the stuff mentioned above, but I do still like my Ozzy and my 80s hairband stuff!

And oh yeah - I thought this ----> Frying pan smiley was kind'a funny considering this thread topic! grinsmiley

If you had some bacon, you could have some bacon and eggs, if you had some eggs ~ Joe Walsh
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Headbanging Stuff Anyone?   The Headbanging Stuff Anyone? EmptyFri Feb 06, 2009 6:16 pm

prefer heavy christian rock such as petra, whitecross, stryper, bride and gabriel
Back to top Go down
laurasangel
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
laurasangel

Number of posts : 13
Mood : The Headbanging Stuff Anyone? 5_sad10

PostSubject: Re: The Headbanging Stuff Anyone?   The Headbanging Stuff Anyone? EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 8:02 am

yes i'm into the headbanging stuff, now i know i'm not the only Little House fan.

"she shall be free and welcome to explore the Galaxy i have reclaimed for our species" Imperator Jeremy on the fate of Laura Ingalls Wilder

"A living thing seeks above all to discharge its strength--life itself is will to power, nothing else matters" Nietzsche
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45732
Mood : The Headbanging Stuff Anyone? Headac10

PostSubject: Re: The Headbanging Stuff Anyone?   The Headbanging Stuff Anyone? EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 10:27 am

Nope..This music gives makes my head hurt!!!....

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920
Mood : The Headbanging Stuff Anyone? Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: The Headbanging Stuff Anyone?   The Headbanging Stuff Anyone? EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 10:54 pm

I'm with Krissy....I cant do that at all. Country music would be my first pick...then pop, as well as gospel. I tend to like stuff I don't have to guess the words to.... Organ

The Headbanging Stuff Anyone? Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: The Headbanging Stuff Anyone?   The Headbanging Stuff Anyone? EmptySun Mar 13, 2011 2:10 pm

I like pop rock music..Like simple plan, stuff like that..I can handle that....I don't like too much country music.

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
laurasangel
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
laurasangel

Number of posts : 13
Mood : The Headbanging Stuff Anyone? 5_sad10

PostSubject: Re: The Headbanging Stuff Anyone?   The Headbanging Stuff Anyone? EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 6:46 am

well that's fine, everyone has their own choices in music

"she shall be free and welcome to explore the Galaxy i have reclaimed for our species" Imperator Jeremy on the fate of Laura Ingalls Wilder

"A living thing seeks above all to discharge its strength--life itself is will to power, nothing else matters" Nietzsche
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: The Headbanging Stuff Anyone?   The Headbanging Stuff Anyone? EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 10:40 am

yup

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Headbanging Stuff Anyone?   The Headbanging Stuff Anyone? Empty

Back to top Go down

The Headbanging Stuff Anyone?
Page 1 of 1