Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Don't you know??

Go down 
+8
Carol
Amy
bethandmanly
pamh36
Lily
Rhonda
JW
Savannah
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Don't you know?? Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428
Mood : Don't you know?? Happy010

Don't you know?? Empty
PostSubject: Don't you know??   Don't you know?? EmptySun Sep 28, 2008 9:29 pm

My family goes to a local elder-care home, on a rotating schedule, to hold church services. Dad preaches, Mom and I sing, I play the piano, etc. . . . . . It's always as much of a blessing to us as it is to them. Well, anyway...........You know, sometimes the elderly don't realize quite how loud they are........So, as Mom and I were singing, I could hear this elderly lady saying "OH, MY SISTER LOVES THIS SONG................IT'S ONE OF HER FAVORITES" (We just sang a little louder. Wink ) She continued "THEY HAVE NICE HARMONY, DON'T YOU THINK?" Well.......The lady next to her (about 90) took as much as she could, when she finally had enough. She leaned close to the talker's ear, and with her hand over her mouth, so she could whisper in confidential tones, said "DON'T YOU KNOW THAT IT'S RUDE TO TALK WHILE SOMEONE IS SINGING??"
:Hahaha: It was almost impossible to keep a straight face after that.
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : Don't you know?? Happy011

Don't you know?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Don't you know??   Don't you know?? EmptySun Sep 28, 2008 9:32 pm

:haha:

Don't you know?? Jacobk10Don't you know?? Jacob210
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21172
Mood : Don't you know?? Purple2

Don't you know?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Don't you know??   Don't you know?? EmptySun Sep 28, 2008 9:58 pm

:Hahaha: OH MY SAVANNAH!!!! I know exactly what you mean......we do services for the retirement home next door to our church once a month and while we are trying to sing, there are those that don't hear as well, and compensate for it by talking loudly...... and trying to keep a straight face and keep singing is almost impossible..... :unsure:

Just another memory to capture and hang on to............ grinsmiley

Don't you know?? Rhonda10Don't you know?? Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Lily
"Beautiful Life"
Don't you know?? LilyRank2
Lily

Number of posts : 6784
Mood : Don't you know?? Vianne10

Don't you know?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Don't you know??   Don't you know?? EmptySun Sep 28, 2008 10:11 pm

ROTFL Savannah, I know exactly what you mean. I used to work in a geriatric home and I've seen and heard the way they 'whisper'. The funniest time was coming from couples when they talk lovey dovey to each other. Whistle OhMy :Hahaha:

I hope you and your Mom were able to finish singing. :sing: :haha:

"Within the heart of every stray, lies the singular desire to be loved."
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Number of posts : 5900

Don't you know?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Don't you know??   Don't you know?? EmptyMon Sep 29, 2008 7:24 am

:haha: It must have taken a lot of composure not to just burst out laughing. I don't think I could have done it!

Don't you know?? PamKeeper
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : Don't you know?? Bokmal10

Don't you know?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Don't you know??   Don't you know?? EmptyMon Sep 29, 2008 8:42 am

I would have lost it right then and there.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Don't you know?? Love-s10

Don't you know?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Don't you know??   Don't you know?? EmptyMon Sep 29, 2008 11:55 am

Me too! That's the cutest thing ever! Applause

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665

Don't you know?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Don't you know??   Don't you know?? EmptyMon Sep 29, 2008 12:10 pm

Too funny! Laughing

Don't you know?? Horses10
Back to top Go down

Don't you know?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Don't you know??   Don't you know?? EmptyMon Sep 29, 2008 3:35 pm

ROTFL I would have laughed. ROTFL
Back to top Go down
Farmer Girl
Li'l Miss Milk Maid
Li'l Miss Milk Maid
Farmer Girl

Number of posts : 2578
Mood : Don't you know?? Goodsi10

Don't you know?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Don't you know??   Don't you know?? EmptyTue Sep 30, 2008 11:24 am

That is really funny!
I don't think I could have kept a straight face!

Don't you know?? FGKeeper

~ Home is the nicest word there is ~

Don't you know?? Little
Back to top Go down

Don't you know?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Don't you know??   Don't you know?? EmptyWed Oct 01, 2008 5:03 pm

This reminds me of the time I was at church and this girl was playing one of those big horns that wraps around you. The whole time she was playing, it was rattling the pews, and her spit was flying. I looked over at some kids who were trying not to laugh. I then looked over at my husband, who was trying not to laugh. I tried to look at the floor, but I looked over at the kids again, and we all lost it. Others laughed too. We knew it was not nice, but you could not help it. Our butts were vibrating and her spit was all over. ROTFL

Last edited by LindsayCrouseFan on Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird
Misti

Number of posts : 4112

Don't you know?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Don't you know??   Don't you know?? EmptyThu Oct 02, 2008 9:07 am

My parents go to church where it is mainly older people. They sit next to a lady in her 80's that, during the service, will tell them about this one or that one having surgery or whatever and she "whispers" but the whole place can hear her!

Don't you know?? HummerDon't you know?? MistiKeeperDon't you know?? Bookclub5Don't you know?? Rose
"I would fight for you - I'd lie for you - walk the wire for you - ya I'd die for you..."
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Don't you know?? Love-s10

Don't you know?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Don't you know??   Don't you know?? EmptyThu Oct 02, 2008 9:46 am

Misti, I can totally relate with this! My parents whisper in church to each other, or to me, and I'm always the one 'shushing' them! LOL, it's like I've become the parent!! But some people seriously don't know just how LOUD they are when they whisper! It's like, "Hellloooo, I'm right here!!" Whistle

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62620
Mood : Don't you know?? Goodsi10

Don't you know?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Don't you know??   Don't you know?? EmptyThu Oct 02, 2008 10:40 am

A few years ago, the elderly father of a friend of mine was at Mass. The priest was delivering a long-winded sermon, and during a dramatic pause, the old timer leaned over to his daughter and whispered in a voice loud enough to carry halfway through the church, "Boy, is this guy ever full of gas!" :faint2:
Back to top Go down
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird
Misti

Don't you know?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Don't you know??   Don't you know?? EmptyThu Oct 02, 2008 11:03 am

Amy wrote:
Misti, I can totally relate with this! My parents whisper in church to each other, or to me, and I'm always the one 'shushing' them! LOL, it's like I've become the parent!! But some people seriously don't know just how LOUD they are when they whisper! It's like, "Hellloooo, I'm right here!!" Whistle

Kinda a "reversal of roles," huh Amy? grinsmiley

You know, come to think of it, it didn't happen at church but we all were at our last football game and my mom was talking (loud) and my sis & I were just looking at each other like, "man, she's talking loud!" It was kinda embarrassing! :shy:

Don't you know?? HummerDon't you know?? MistiKeeperDon't you know?? Bookclub5Don't you know?? Rose
"I would fight for you - I'd lie for you - walk the wire for you - ya I'd die for you..."
Back to top Go down
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird
Misti

Don't you know?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Don't you know??   Don't you know?? EmptyThu Oct 02, 2008 11:06 am

Rob wrote:
A few years ago, the elderly father of a friend of mine was at Mass. The priest was delivering a long-winded sermon, and during a dramatic pause, the old timer leaned over to his daughter and whispered in a voice loud enough to carry halfway through the church, "Boy, is this guy ever full of gas!" :faint2:

And then everbody acts like they didn't hear anything, huh Rob? Whistle

Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Don't you know?? Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428

Don't you know?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Don't you know??   Don't you know?? EmptyThu Oct 02, 2008 12:46 pm

:Hahaha:
Back to top Go down
Prairie Wind
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
Prairie Wind

Number of posts : 1369

Don't you know?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Don't you know??   Don't you know?? EmptyFri Oct 03, 2008 6:28 am

Oh, my... The old become young again. So funny! I always felt like I grew up too fast so I look forward to being a kid again! I hope I give my boys as much trouble as they did me! :woohooo:

Don't you know?? Hollykeeper
Back to top Go down
http://toknowhimmore.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

Don't you know?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Don't you know??   Don't you know?? Empty

Back to top Go down

Don't you know??
Page 1 of 1