Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Little House Library

Go down 
+16
Honeybee
Robinsgirl
Tigru
Savannah
Rhonda
rana
Prairie Dweller
Prairie Wind
Vanesa
Gin
bethandmanly
JW
Debbie
Carol
ChristinaAL
LIWnut
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Prairie Dweller
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
Prairie Dweller

Number of posts : 853
Mood : book - Little House Library - Page 3 Happy010

book - Little House Library - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Little House Library   book - Little House Library - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 10, 2007 9:45 am

I think I was ten when I attempted to read "Bachelor Girl", but only read a few chapters because I was so shocked with what she was doing!

book - Little House Library - Page 3 PDKeeper
Back to top Go down
http://avonleavignettes.com
Prairie Wind
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
Prairie Wind

Number of posts : 1369

PostSubject: Re: Little House Library   book - Little House Library - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 10, 2007 12:07 pm

When reading about Rose, I can't help but think about how shocked poor ma would have been at her life style. I hope she never knew!

When you see the photo of Rose at 3 (?), you see something like defiance in her eyes. Then I read the story behind the picture and sure enough, by her own admittance, defiance was there!
Oh well! We all have our weaknesses. It is interesting to hear about the lives of those connected to Laura but no one was as special as her!
Back to top Go down
http://toknowhimmore.blogspot.com/
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136
Mood : book - Little House Library - Page 3 Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Little House Library   book - Little House Library - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 10, 2007 11:01 pm

Well said! And yes...I also noticed the defiance in Rose's eyes. She was very different than Laura, but in two things: both of them knows how to write and both of them were strong and determined.

FOR PRAIRIE DWELLER: I was pretty angry at Rose when I read the first chapters of "Bachelor Girl"...but these are nothing in comparison to the last ones! grinsmiley mad

Vanesa.

book - Little House Library - Page 3 Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
rana
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
rana

Number of posts : 119

PostSubject: Re: Little House Library   book - Little House Library - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 11, 2007 2:43 pm

It's all Rhonda's fault!

Yes, it is.
Well, I dusted the bookshelfs today and when I came to the LHOTP-section I was thinking of how it all began.
When I joined the old forum, I owned 8 books of LIW's LHOTP-series in german (all, but not "Farmer Boy", which hasn't been published in german since the 1950s) and that was all.
Then Rhonda posted her LIW-timeline and I liked it so much that I bought the book, the timeline is published in.
This was about 14 months ago.
For some reason I couldn't stop reading about LIW after that reader and look, what "library" I have to dust now:

- 8 german translations of the LHOTP-books
- the complete original bookset
- A Little House Sampler (edited by Anderson)
- A Little House Reader (edited by Anderson)
- A Little House Traveler (which contains "On the Way Home", "West from Home" and "The Road Back")
- Little House in the Ozarks (Writings by LIW edited by Hines)
- I Remember Laura (edited by Hines)
- Laura's Album (by Anderson)
- Laura (by Zochert)
- The World of Little House (by Strom Collins, which is the book with the wonderfull timeline)
- The Little House Cookbook (by Walker, just read it by now, but didn't try the recipes yet)
- The Story of the Ingalls (by Anderson)
- LIW - The Westville Florida Years (by Warnock - I was really disappointed when I read it)
- The Story of the Wilders (by Anderson)
- A Wilder in the West (by Anderson)
- all 8 volumes by Tedrow (what actually is nothing I'm proud of)
"Becoming LIW" is already on the way and I should receive the parcel within the next two weeks

Seems like I became kind of LIW-addicted.
Look what you've done, Rhonda!

What can I say but :thankyou2:

book - Little House Library - Page 3 Ranake10
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
Proverbs 3:5-6
LIWnut

Number of posts : 2539
Mood : book - Little House Library - Page 3 Cloud910

PostSubject: Re: Little House Library   book - Little House Library - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 11, 2007 5:06 pm

Great job Rana. I'm still looking for a copy of On Top Of Concord Hill for you. When I find it, I'll let you know.
Rhonda, who's your next victim?? lol

book - Little House Library - Page 3 MarilynKeeper book - Little House Library - Page 3 Bookclub2
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21171
Mood : book - Little House Library - Page 3 Purple2

PostSubject: Re: Little House Library   book - Little House Library - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 11, 2007 6:10 pm

book - Little House Library - Page 3 11_9_12 ummmm, ME?

book - Little House Library - Page 3 Rhonda10book - Little House Library - Page 3 Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

PostSubject: Re: Little House Library   book - Little House Library - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 11, 2007 6:28 pm

The Laura Ingalls Wilder addiction is worse than drugs one! But this addiction is excellent for your brains and your heart! Don't stop reading LIW, gang! :woohooo: Thumbsup 🎻 :cabn:

Vanesa.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Little House Library   book - Little House Library - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 12, 2007 7:12 pm

ChristinaAL wrote:
My local Border's carries nothing but the LIW books, and it was very disappointing that I had to leave with nothing today :( I tried ordering one of the Charlotte years books, but I think I'm going to end up looking online for them, probably with Amazon.

The Border's here carries The Laura years. Caroline years and The Rose Years.

I have The Laura years and some of The Caroline years.
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
LIWnut

PostSubject: Re: Little House Library   book - Little House Library - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 29, 2007 4:00 pm

I'm very excited. I just bought a book on ebay about Dr George Tann, the dr from Little House on the Prairie who came to give the Ingalls family medicine when they had malaria. Remember, Jack went out to bring him in. This book is very rare in bookstores and I may have paid a little more than I should have but I'm addicted to all Laura books so I don't mind. The shipping my break me but that's what happens to support a bad habbit I guess.

book - Little House Library - Page 3 MarilynKeeper book - Little House Library - Page 3 Bookclub2
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
book - Little House Library - Page 3 Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428

PostSubject: Re: Little House Library   book - Little House Library - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 29, 2007 11:44 pm

That's great, Marilyn! What's the name of the book?
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
LIWnut

PostSubject: Re: Little House Library   book - Little House Library - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 30, 2007 8:59 am

book - Little House Library - Page 3 DrTann

Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Little House Library   book - Little House Library - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 30, 2007 10:09 am

How cool, Marilyn!! I saw a copy of that a while back at Amazon, and Alibris, but I didn't make the connection!
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920
Mood : book - Little House Library - Page 3 Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Little House Library   book - Little House Library - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 15, 2008 6:29 pm

Marilyn, this looks like a really interesting book. I found it yesterday on Amazon for about $18 plus shipping. I might have to order it soon!
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Little House Library   book - Little House Library - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 16, 2008 8:31 pm

It does look interesting! I'd love to hear what you think of it after you finish it, Marilyn. After all..........without this gentleman, we may never have had Little House!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: New Book with Laura's writings   book - Little House Library - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 17, 2008 3:47 pm

Hey! Has anyone purchased or read "Laura Ingalls Wilder, Farm Journalist: Writings From the Ozarks," edited by Stephen W. Hines? This book was reviewed in our local newspaper about two weeks ago, and it contains writings of Laura for a publication known as the Missouri Ruralist. Supposedly, these columns were written before the first of her books was ever published. I want to buy the book but was just wondering if anyone else had gotten it yet. :fyi:
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

PostSubject: Re: Little House Library   book - Little House Library - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 17, 2008 4:45 pm

I didn't know this book existed. It sounds as being very interesting. I wish I could read it! Thumbsup

Vanesa.

Back to top Go down
LIWnut
LIWnut

PostSubject: Re: Little House Library   book - Little House Library - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 17, 2008 4:57 pm

I have the book that you mentioned. It is a very informative book. When Laura and Almanzo were building up the farm, Laura wrote columns for the local newspaper and some of these columns are in this book. Her writings are really interesting to see how life was lived in her years. It was much later in life that Laura wrote her series of books. I would recommed this book, check out ebay.

Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : book - Little House Library - Page 3 Happy011

PostSubject: Re: Little House Library   book - Little House Library - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 17, 2008 8:01 pm

I Wish i had lots of Book stores here in my city but we only have 2 plus a thrift Store i found all of them there i have't bought one singel book new but i found out a little while ago that 40 min's from my place theres is a Small book store so i think i'll go there i know i could order some on ebay but i don't somehow i think i don't find very GOOD deals

book - Little House Library - Page 3 Jacobk10book - Little House Library - Page 3 Jacob210
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Little House Library   book - Little House Library - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 17, 2008 8:08 pm

You have two more bookstores in your city than I have here, Jacob! Blue We don't even have a small bookstore here. The closest one is about 35 miles way. We have a Goodwill that I often check for good deals on books. But that's it.

If you know what you're looking for, you can sometimes find awesome deals on ebay. There are also some homeschooling boards out there that have bookselling lists.
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

PostSubject: Re: Little House Library   book - Little House Library - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 17, 2008 8:12 pm

Oh Believe me i know how you feel Once upon a time we only had one and they did't have one singel Laura Ingalls Wilder book

book - Little House Library - Page 3 Jacobk10book - Little House Library - Page 3 Jacob210
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
LIWnut

PostSubject: Re: Little House Library   book - Little House Library - Page 3 EmptyTue May 06, 2008 6:54 pm

Got a new book yesterday, Mary Ingalls On Her Own. It is a fictional account of what Mary's first days and months may have been like at the Iowa Blind College. It was very well written, in Laura's style. Although we don't know how her life may have played out, this book was written from accounts of life back then in the school's archives.
It was a good book.

Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Little House Library   book - Little House Library - Page 3 EmptyWed May 07, 2008 4:07 pm

Interesting, Marilyn!
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

PostSubject: Re: Little House Library   book - Little House Library - Page 3 EmptyThu May 08, 2008 4:30 pm

I Saw that book in the Book store a few weeks ago it look very Interesting I want to buy it yet

Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

Number of posts : 2761

PostSubject: Re: Little House Library   book - Little House Library - Page 3 EmptyThu May 08, 2008 7:31 pm

LIWnut wrote:
Got a new book yesterday, Mary Ingalls On Her Own. It is a fictional account of what Mary's first days and months may have been like at the Iowa Blind College. It was very well written, in Laura's style. Although we don't know how her life may have played out, this book was written from accounts of life back then in the school's archives.
It was a good book.

That sounds like an interesting book, Marilyn. Who is the author? I'll have to look for it!

book - Little House Library - Page 3 ChristinaKeeper2 book - Little House Library - Page 3 10bChristina

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
LIWnut

PostSubject: Re: Little House Library   book - Little House Library - Page 3 EmptyThu May 08, 2008 7:43 pm

ChristinaAL wrote:
LIWnut wrote:
It was a good book.

That sounds like an interesting book, Marilyn. Who is the author? I'll have to look for it!

Mary Ingalls On Her Own by Elizabeth Kimmel Willard

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Little House Library   book - Little House Library - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Little House Library
Page 3 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next