Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

How Charles Ingalls changed me.

Go down 
AuthorMessage

How Charles Ingalls changed me. Empty
PostSubject: How Charles Ingalls changed me.   How Charles Ingalls changed me. EmptyTue Nov 04, 2008 8:44 pm

I think I was a fairly decent person before. I can remember watching LH growing up. As a kid, I was about the same age as Mary. I started watching it on TV about several month agos. I got so addicted to the show that I bought what series I could find and finally ordered every series, pilot, movies, ect. Still have a few series to go.

I was dx with a nerve disease. I own my on business, but was letting things get me down over time.
I admired Charles so much that I used him as a role model. I think he is a great role model for any man. I actually felt better and worked harder as I watched the show every day.

Growing up our entire family always sat down and watched LH, the Waltons, ect. It took some work, but I finally got my family to sit down and watch LH a couple times a week together. We liked the show so much that we had a LH marathon with family and friends.

There are so many lessons to be learned from shows like LH. Sadly, we have so few today. I think
they did teach us lessons growing up and it's lacking today. If I were President and I was asked what I could do to change America, I would tell all families to watch LH every week and apply the lessons taught.

I just found the board, so nice to meet all you nuts. We just finsihed watching the show where Jack the dog dies. What great life lessons. I feel as the economy gets tough, the youth of today need a show like LH.
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21172
Mood : How Charles Ingalls changed me. Purple2

How Charles Ingalls changed me. Empty
PostSubject: Re: How Charles Ingalls changed me.   How Charles Ingalls changed me. EmptyTue Nov 04, 2008 9:22 pm

Welcome to the forum, and Charles was a great role model and the tv series was a great one in itself......as you said, too bad there aren't any shows like it anymore....I hope you enjoy your stay here and hope to read more posts. Thumbsup

How Charles Ingalls changed me. Rhonda10How Charles Ingalls changed me. Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down

How Charles Ingalls changed me.
Page 1 of 1