Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Power Surge... what to do?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665
Mood : Power Surge... what to do? Happy010

Power Surge... what to do? Empty
PostSubject: Power Surge... what to do?   Power Surge... what to do? EmptyTue Dec 09, 2008 2:06 pm

Power Surge... what to do? Surge

Okay... I have a power surge and connected to it are my computer, speaker system, Moden and Router.... my question is...
:think: After shutting down and turning off stuff... do I switch my power surge OFF or do I leave it on? Wont it save electricity by swithing it off?
What's the recommended thing to do?

Power Surge... what to do? Horses10
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21172
Mood : Power Surge... what to do? Purple2

PostSubject: Re: Power Surge... what to do?   Power Surge... what to do? EmptyTue Dec 09, 2008 2:14 pm

They say to save money, turn the power off at the power strip. If the power strip pictured above is the kind you have for your new computer, you might want to look into something better. When I was at the lawfirm, I had one that was more expensive, but it guaranteed that if any of your equipment got ruined, they would replace it, that is how good it is......I would highly recommend that one. Thumbsup

Power Surge... what to do? Rhonda10Power Surge... what to do? Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

PostSubject: Re: Power Surge... what to do?   Power Surge... what to do? EmptyTue Dec 09, 2008 3:40 pm

Rhonda wrote:
If the power strip pictured above is the kind you have for your new computer, you might want to look into something better.

Yeah, that's what I've been hearing... will have to save up to get me a better one... Thumbsup

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Power Surge... what to do?   Power Surge... what to do? EmptyTue Dec 09, 2008 4:10 pm

We have one on both of our pcs...WE always turn off the bar when we are not on the pc usually!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Power Surge... what to do?   Power Surge... what to do? EmptyWed Dec 10, 2008 12:22 am

Shoot, I leave mine on. I will leave it off from now on.

Now another question I have is, does one leave the PC on all the time, or shut it down? I have heard mixed things about this.
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21172
Mood : Power Surge... what to do? Purple2

PostSubject: Re: Power Surge... what to do?   Power Surge... what to do? EmptyWed Dec 10, 2008 8:25 am

I shut mine down every night......my son.....leaves his on....he has an online game he plays and while he sleeps, his character is energizing!!! :unsure:

Power Surge... what to do? Rhonda10Power Surge... what to do? Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : Power Surge... what to do? Happy011

PostSubject: Re: Power Surge... what to do?   Power Surge... what to do? EmptyWed Dec 10, 2008 12:29 pm

We always leave our Power Surge on But then again i'm not sure if it has a Off or On Botton but we always shut the Computer Down

Power Surge... what to do? Jacobk10Power Surge... what to do? Jacob210
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Power Surge... what to do?   Power Surge... what to do? EmptyWed Dec 10, 2008 6:55 pm

I always shut my pc down during the nite!......cuz what's the point in leaving it on if iam sleepling? lol...but yeah don't wanna waste hydro!
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

PostSubject: Re: Power Surge... what to do?   Power Surge... what to do? EmptyWed Dec 10, 2008 8:10 pm

If you leave your computer on you risk getting it hacked or getting a virus. So make sure you shut down your computer. :fyi:

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Power Surge... what to do?   Power Surge... what to do? EmptyWed Dec 10, 2008 11:38 pm

Thanks for the info, everyone.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Power Surge... what to do?   Power Surge... what to do? Empty

Back to top Go down

Power Surge... what to do?
Page 1 of 1