Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Christy

Go down 
+5
Rob
Gin
JW
Savannah
Amy
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920
Mood : Christy - Page 2 Love-s10

Christy - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christy   Christy - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 20, 2008 4:28 pm

I noticed yesterday on one of my too many trips to Wal-mart that they have the entire "Christy" series for $14.95. Not much too it, but it would be worth that.

Christy - Page 2 Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Christy - Page 2 Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428
Mood : Christy - Page 2 Happy010

Christy - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christy   Christy - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 20, 2008 5:20 pm

It's definitely worth that! Thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417

Christy - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christy   Christy - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 20, 2008 11:00 pm

When you consider how much movies are, which are only a couple of hours, just look at all the entertainment you're getting? Go for it Gin--that's a great price! Thumbsup

Speaking of Christy, my son is now willing to watch it with me! I can't believe it! The little kids are so darn cute I guess he started getting interested in their storylines and now he wants to start from the beginning! He watched DQ with me too, so he has a soft spot of the pioneer style shows. Wink

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : Christy - Page 2 Happy011

Christy - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christy   Christy - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 21, 2008 12:53 am

Good for Him that he came to his Senses lol I guess he got it from you lol I Just LOVE Christy LHOTP Road to Avonlea Pit Pony all of those older pioneers Shows
Amy have you ever seen any Road to Avonlea or Pit Pony Episodes?

Christy - Page 2 Jacobk10Christy - Page 2 Jacob210
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

Christy - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christy   Christy - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 21, 2008 2:11 pm

Oh, Pit Pony was another really good show. Thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Christy - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christy   Christy - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 21, 2008 8:17 pm

Amy--I almost laughed out loud when my two boys stopped to listen to the wedding episode of DQ. This was the commentary part, and they thought that was neat.
I really think if I could get Nathan to watch it Madison might join in. There is a couple more boys and a few less tears in DQ , so maybe they will take an interest in it.......
(Nathan has already said he wants Hanks hair.!) The route he is going he's getting close...needs a haircut SO bad right now.

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Christy - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christy   Christy - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 22, 2008 5:12 pm

I've never heard of Pit Pony Jacob, and unfortunately I've never watched Road To Avonlea. I guess being an Anne of Green Gables fan, I really should do that, huh?! Wink

Gin, you got your Dr. Quinn dvds?!?! And ROFL...you're skipping right to the wedding?! :haha: That commentary IS great, I know! Joe & Jane are too funny, especially how embarrassed and awkward they get in that final scene, ahem. Wink Wink My son LOVES Dr. Quinn---he started watching it back when he was 10, when I first got the dvds. He identified with Sully and his cool tomahawk, and lol, Hank too! And he liked Brian. And my boys and yours are going through the same 'long hair' thing...they both wear it well, but I'm a tad worried about what my father-in-law is going to say at Christmas when he sees them. :unsure:

And my son is officially watching Christy with me! He loves the pioneer stuff as much as I do, it seems! I've gone through the entire 2 season series now (speed demon, I know!) and I thought it got better and better. The only thing that really drove me nuts is how Kellie's accent came on too strong in the second season, very fake and inconsistent. That kind of stuff is very irritating to me, either you have an accent or you don't! She sounded great in the first season, so I'm wondering if the producers wanted her to put it on thicker and that just doesn't come naturally to her. The other thing I don't like is the ending of the series, ahem, and I won't spoil it for some of you who haven't seen it, but let's just say it's obvious they didn't know they weren't coming back for a 3rd season. No My friend has the movies and is going to let me borrow them, but she said they don't stick to the series at ALL. :think:

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

Christy - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christy   Christy - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 22, 2008 10:26 pm

Yes, I totally agree about the ending of the second season. You know what's worse, though, Amy? They DID know that they weren't coming back for a third season, and yet they still did that! I was completely annoyed!
Back to top Go down
Prairie Wind
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
Prairie Wind

Number of posts : 1369

Christy - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christy   Christy - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 24, 2008 2:46 pm

Amy (and all) I love Christy! I could watch it over and over. (and I have!) It's like I miss "them" when they are gone. grinsmiley

Christy - Page 2 Hollykeeper
Back to top Go down
http://toknowhimmore.blogspot.com/
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Christy - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christy   Christy - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 30, 2008 9:21 pm

Ok....got a Wal-mart gift card for Christmas so I blew it on the Christy series and three of the Love Come Softly series dvds. I am now going to sit down....and not come out of my bedroom for awhile.
I've got alot of DVDs to keep me happy.
I'm sure I'll be coming around to discuss things as I watch. Movie Popcorn

Back to top Go down
Prairie Wind
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
Prairie Wind

Christy - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christy   Christy - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 30, 2008 9:29 pm

Ooooh! Have fun, Gin!

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Christy - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christy   Christy - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 01, 2009 3:08 pm

Savannah wrote:
Yes, I totally agree about the ending of the second season. You know what's worse, though, Amy? They DID know that they weren't coming back for a third season, and yet they still did that! I was completely annoyed!

Oh, sorry---I'm just now seeing this! :shy: You are KIDDING me, Savannah?!?! I just assumed (and my friend did too) that they simply didn't know they weren't coming back! I guess they were just leaving everything open for movies. Ugh.

Gin, congrats on your new dvds!! Good grief, girl, you aren't going to know which series to focus on first! :haha: Ahem, personally, my first choice would be Sully. batEyes

Holly, glad to hear you're into Christy too! I'm re-watching it again right now with my son. We both agree the very beginning of the series is a little slow, but it gets better and better....and better!

Just curious, who is everyone's favorite? Neil or David?

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

Christy - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christy   Christy - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 01, 2009 3:18 pm

Neil. David was too wishy-washy for me. He didn't really know what he believed. In the book, Neil was not an atheist. I didn't like it, in the series, that he seemed to lean toward atheist beliefs. (It's been a while, so I could be mistaken about that. It was just the take I had on it at the time.) He was angry at God for . . . . well, shoot. I can't tell that without it being a spoiler. But, while he was very angry at God, he still believed in Him - and knew what he believed. David, who was a preacher, couldn't even tell a dying elderly woman how to be saved. (He had gone into the ministry because his Mom wanted him to.) He wasn't sure himself of how to get to heaven! And she ended up telling him that the Bible says that if we repent, and accept Jesus as Savior, that we'll go to heaven. If you're going to be a preacher, you've got to KNOW what you believe.

Anyway....Neil. grinsmiley But then, I've always had a thing for older men.
Back to top Go down
Prairie Wind
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
Prairie Wind

Christy - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christy   Christy - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 01, 2009 4:12 pm

Neil for sure! I married an older man. batEyes
But it's more than just that.
Christy and Neil were kindred spirits!
David was just cute and he mainly liked Christy because she was there and no one else was!
I liked David on the show but he had some growing up to do.
David in the book seems more like-able to me.
David on the show was just too uptight but they at least showed him as being human.
I love the show but I love the book like crazy!
I read it every few years.

It's hard not to compare the show to the book but you can't help it if you've read it!
Same with Little House- right? Wink

Has anyone seen the movies with the other Christy?
I haven't been able to do it.
To me, Kelly Martin *is* Christy!

Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Christy - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christy   Christy - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 01, 2009 4:21 pm

Dont worry Amy. Sully and I spent New Year's Eve together. LOL
My boys watched "Epidemic" with me this morning. The "blood letting" was a bit much for Madison. But Sully was a hit with them both. Hope I have them hooked. Stay tuned.

Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

Christy - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christy   Christy - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 01, 2009 4:24 pm

Prairie Wind wrote:
Has anyone seen the movies with the other Christy?
I haven't been able to do it.

I have. I thought that girl they chose was way too whiny. I could actually accept someone else in the role, but not her. I don't remember too much about the movies, except that I wasn't as impressed with those as I was with the series.
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Christy - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christy   Christy - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 01, 2009 4:57 pm

Yep, my favorite is Neil too, and I agree with you Holly, that they are kindred spirits. I knew it was going to be about 'them' from the first time he shoved her out of the way in the first episode, LOL! It was immediate chemistry--love that.

I have never read the book, so I have nothing to compare David too, but I must admit I have been torn...for the 'era' I think he would have been a very good match for Christy, if Neil wasn't in the picture. I really do find David quite likeable, if not like you said, Savannah, a tad wishy washy...

Savannah wrote:
Neil. David was too wishy-washy for me. He didn't really know what he believed. In the book, Neil was not an atheist. I didn't like it, in the series, that he seemed to lean toward atheist beliefs. (It's been a while, so I could be mistaken about that. It was just the take I had on it at the time.) He was angry at God for . . . . well, shoot. I can't tell that without it being a spoiler. But, while he was very angry at God, he still believed in Him - and knew what he believed. David, who was a preacher, couldn't even tell a dying elderly woman how to be saved. (He had gone into the ministry because his Mom wanted him to.) He wasn't sure himself of how to get to heaven! And she ended up telling him that the Bible says that if we repent, and accept Jesus as Savior, that we'll go to heaven. If you're going to be a preacher, you've got to KNOW what you believe.

That was quite a telling scene, huh? You really feel David's confusion there. That's one of my favorite episodes though...I LOVE the old lady. I love when David sings to her, that was so sweet. And when she sees her husband out the window, waiting for her. That scene was just so touching it made me cry!

I'm not so sure I want to see the movies anymore...my friend didn't like them either. I just don't think I can stomach someone other than Kellie as Christy!

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

Christy - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christy   Christy - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 01, 2009 5:20 pm

That's one of my favorite episods, too, actually. Love I love the scene you mentioned, with the lady seeing her husband waiting for her. Love And, I also love it that the lady knew what she believed, deep down.......but just needed a nudge of a reminder.
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

Christy - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christy   Christy - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 01, 2009 5:38 pm

I was thrilled, by the way, that the series was such a reasonable price! I went to buy North & South on DVD . . . . OhMy That's not going to happen anytime soon. That's okay, though....the library has a copy. Thumbsup

So, anyway....when I went to Walmart to check the price of Christy, I was very pleased that it was within my budget. grinsmiley
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Christy - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christy   Christy - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 01, 2009 5:56 pm

Savannah wrote:
And, I also love it that the lady knew what she believed, deep down.......but just needed a nudge of a reminder.

Me too, me too. And that really has a powerful message, when you think about it. How often we ALL second guess what we know we believe in. She had to dig in deep in her faith and find the answer within herself. And in doing so, she helped herself and the young preacher! Just a great epie. Thumbsup

Ok, how about favorite character? Does anyone have a particular favorite? For me, it's Fairlight. I just adore her! Wink

Oh, and Savannah, is North & South the one with Patrick Swayze, right? I remembered seeing parts of that on tv years and years ago and liking it. That would be a good rental...too bad it's so pricey!

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

Christy - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christy   Christy - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 01, 2009 6:09 pm

I love Fairlight! Love And also, Hattie - the blind lady played by Judy Collins. Her voice is so beautiful! Then, one of the little boys was absolutely darling. Was it Sam Houston, or Little Burl? I can't remember!

Yes, North & South was with Patrick Swayze. I loved that! I haven't seen "Book Three" yet. But I taped North & South, books I & II from The Family Channel years ago. The tape broke on one of the videos. (*ahem* Someone watched it too much? :Hahaha: ) So I'm hoping to go to DVD instead. Ebay is probably the best bet for that. New, it's around $70 or so.
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62620
Mood : Christy - Page 2 Goodsi10

Christy - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christy   Christy - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 01, 2009 7:11 pm

Amy wrote:
That would be a good rental...too bad it's so pricey!

If only there were some other way to get it. Whistle
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Christy - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christy   Christy - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 02, 2009 10:13 am

Rob wrote:
Amy wrote:
That would be a good rental...too bad it's so pricey!

If only there were some other way to get it. Whistle

Christy - Page 2 Hein36 grinsmiley (Oh Bi-ill??? :haha:) (Inside joke, sorry all!Wink ).

Savannah, my favorite kid is Sam Houston! Little Burl is adorable too, and Creed Allen grew on me as well, but Sam just melts my heart! Love My friend was telling me that these are not 'Hollywood' kid-actors...they're locals from Tennessee! They are just amazing---total naturals! Well, Ruby Mae was 'Hollywood'---she was in the series "Small Wonder". I didn't like her at first, but she grew on me too!

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : Christy - Page 2 Happy011

Christy - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christy   Christy - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 02, 2009 12:38 pm

I Just Loved Hattie the blind lady her voice was just wonderful i also like Fairlight and Ruby Mae and the guy who wanted to be a Doctor so he came with Alice and Christy to Cutter Cap he was Nice to i like him

Christy - Page 2 Jacobk10Christy - Page 2 Jacob210
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Christy - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christy   Christy - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 02, 2009 2:28 pm

I've always liked that actor, Jacob---what's his name? Ugh it's escaping me right now---but he was on Star Trek too, and I know him best from PBS's "Reading Rainbow". I would have liked to have seen another season just to see how things played out with him in Cutter Gap. Oh, and I forgot to mention Hattie! Judy Collins' voice is just so pure...the one where she sings "Amazing Grace" is just incredible!

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Christy - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christy   Christy - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Christy
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next