Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Patrick Swayze interviewed by Barbara Walters tonight

Go down 
+7
Misti
Teresa
Amy
pamh36
Gin
Savannah
I Love Dean
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665
Mood : Patrick Swayze interviewed by Barbara Walters tonight - Page 2 Happy010

Patrick Swayze interviewed by Barbara Walters tonight - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Patrick Swayze interviewed by Barbara Walters tonight   Patrick Swayze interviewed by Barbara Walters tonight - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 09, 2009 8:26 pm

Oh wow... I hope he's okay.
I remember him saying how the therapy he's doing now makes his body super sensitive to things. He said that putting his hand in a the freezer was something like someone smashing it with bricks... that's how painful it felt... Blue

Patrick Swayze interviewed by Barbara Walters tonight - Page 2 Horses10
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : Patrick Swayze interviewed by Barbara Walters tonight - Page 2 Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Patrick Swayze interviewed by Barbara Walters tonight   Patrick Swayze interviewed by Barbara Walters tonight - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 09, 2009 10:07 pm

Susie wrote:
I saw this on Yahoo. Blue I pray that he gets thru this quickly.

Patrick Swayze has checked himself into the hospital for observation after contracting pneumonia.

Patrick Swayze checks into hospital with pneumonia

I was just going to post this. Very scary indeed. I pray he'll be okay.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Patrick Swayze interviewed by Barbara Walters tonight - Page 2 Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Patrick Swayze interviewed by Barbara Walters tonight   Patrick Swayze interviewed by Barbara Walters tonight - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 09, 2009 10:30 pm

Oh, NOT good. I am so sorry to hear this. I hope he kicks this to the curb quick!! I'll be praying too...

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21171
Mood : Patrick Swayze interviewed by Barbara Walters tonight - Page 2 Purple2

PostSubject: Re: Patrick Swayze interviewed by Barbara Walters tonight   Patrick Swayze interviewed by Barbara Walters tonight - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 10, 2009 12:00 am

Carol wrote:
Oh wow... I hope he's okay.
I remember him saying how the therapy he's doing now makes his body super sensitive to things. He said that putting his hand in a the freezer was something like someone smashing it with bricks... that's how painful it felt... Blue

Oh the wonderful memories of chemotherapy........NOT!!! It doesn't matter what kind of cancer you have, the chemo does not know it is supposed to go straight to the area, it just goes into your body......Your WHOLE body reacts differently....... Your lungs hurt, your bones ache, your head is sensitive and sore after the hair has fallen out, scents of food, perfume, animals, etc., make you sick to your stomach, your ears ring and loud sounds will really bother you, your eyes are extremely sensitive to light...

Aw, Yes, all kinds of wonderful things happen with chemo..... No

Patrick Swayze interviewed by Barbara Walters tonight - Page 2 Rhonda10Patrick Swayze interviewed by Barbara Walters tonight - Page 2 Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665
Mood : Patrick Swayze interviewed by Barbara Walters tonight - Page 2 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Patrick Swayze interviewed by Barbara Walters tonight   Patrick Swayze interviewed by Barbara Walters tonight - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 10, 2009 12:58 am

It's doubtful they can find a cure soon.... but maybe... hopefully they can find a better treatment...

Someone once described chemo this way...

Say you want to kill a spider in your room... well.. doing chemo... is like throwing a small hand grenade in your room to kill the spider. Yes, you killed the spider but it's also affected other parts of your room... so with the chemo.. Blue

Patrick Swayze interviewed by Barbara Walters tonight - Page 2 Horses10
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Patrick Swayze interviewed by Barbara Walters tonight   Patrick Swayze interviewed by Barbara Walters tonight - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 10, 2009 11:00 am

That sounds like a good description Carol, from what I've heard. Rhonda, I honestly don't know how I would fare going through it. I do not exactly have a 'high' pain threshold I'm sure this test every human beings actual strengths...I just hope my loved ones or I never have to be tested, and I'm sorry you did. Blue You're a strong lady!!Patrick Swayze interviewed by Barbara Walters tonight - Page 2 Champion

I don't think they ever really focused on Michael Landon's smoking as being the cause of his pancreatic cancer, did they? It's beem more talked about with Patrick's, which is a good thing. He is the official 'poster boy' for what smoking can do to you. I hope he can reach a lot of people, both young and old, and be the inspiration for quitting.

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Patrick Swayze interviewed by Barbara Walters tonight   Patrick Swayze interviewed by Barbara Walters tonight - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 10, 2009 12:34 pm

Amy wrote:

I don't think they ever really focused on Michael Landon's smoking as being the cause of his pancreatic cancer, did they? It's beem more talked about with Patrick's, which is a good thing. He is the official 'poster boy' for what smoking can do to you. I hope he can reach a lot of people, both young and old, and be the inspiration for quitting.

This really hits close to home. Finding out that my stepmoms cancers was really Lung Cancer..just blew me away. Yes, she smoked for 45 years. My stepmom smoked up till last month. No one will ever convince me that that's not the cause of her cancer. This has been a hard and long road...just because of smoking. My husband, Jim has been a smoker for 18 years. Sadly, I was the one who got him started. Yes..I will admit over the past 18 years I have picked up that bad habit a few times. That's something I'm not proud of. Now knowing about my stepmom and now finding out smoking has something to do with pancreatic cancer...I want, Jim to quit more than ever. He has been making a attempt to quit. It's going to be a long road with that too. I hope that my boys will never want to pick up this bad habit.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Patrick Swayze interviewed by Barbara Walters tonight   Patrick Swayze interviewed by Barbara Walters tonight - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 14, 2009 8:44 pm

I come across this on MSN. Report: Swayze says he's almost over pneumonia
Report: Swayze says he's almost over pneumonia
Jan. 14, 2009, 2:17 PM EST

NEW YORK (AP) -- Days after checking himself into a Los Angeles hospital for pneumonia, Patrick Swayze says his condition is improving.
The 56-year-old actor, who is battling pancreatic cancer, tells People magazine: "I am alive and plan on continuing to stay that way. ... I am almost in the clear."
Swayze says he checked into the hospital Jan. 9 because of a cough that he suspected was the result of an infection.
Swayze says: "I wanted to jump on it before it turned into a problem. As soon as I got home, I called my doctor and then went straight to the hospital and was immediately put on antibiotics."
Swayze's representatives did not respond to messages seeking comment on his health.
Last week, Swayze told ABC's Barbara Walters that his yearlong battle with pancreatic cancer put him "through hell" while he pushed ahead on his new TV series on A&E, "The Beast," which premieres Thursday.
Patrick Swayze photos
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Patrick Swayze interviewed by Barbara Walters tonight   Patrick Swayze interviewed by Barbara Walters tonight - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 1:17 pm

Thanks for that update, Susie, I've been wondering about him. This is terrific news!!! He is a fighter, that's for sure.

And I can see why you want your hubby to quit now more than ever, between learning this with Patrick and everything your stepmom is currently going through. I hope he can get there...it's going to take a lot of determination after 18 years, but there is help out there, more than what was there for people even 5 years ago trying to quit. I wish him the best of luck! Thumbsup

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Patrick Swayze interviewed by Barbara Walters tonight   Patrick Swayze interviewed by Barbara Walters tonight - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Patrick Swayze interviewed by Barbara Walters tonight
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2