Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

It's a good thing my neighbors like me.

Go down 
+3
Carol
Farmer Girl
Savannah
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
It's a good thing my neighbors like me. Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428
Mood : It's a good thing my neighbors like me. Happy010

It's a good thing my neighbors like me. Empty
PostSubject: It's a good thing my neighbors like me.   It's a good thing my neighbors like me. EmptySat Jan 31, 2009 9:17 pm

This afternoon, I was heading out with some friends, so I used my remote to unlock the vehicle. Nothing happened. I tried again. Nothing. This concerned me, because the last time that happened, the person who had borrowed my vehicle forgot to turn off an interior light, and the battery was dead. So, anyway....I tried the door. It opened, and I thought "Odd. I didn't hear it . . . . " I didn't get any further with that thought, because suddenly the alarm was going off WILDLY. And my remote was DEAD! :Hahaha: So, I tried turning on the vehicle, figuring that it would recognize the key, and shut off the alarm. Didn't work. The alarm was getting louder! I popped the hood - I was going to release a cable from the battery, to see if I could at least hush the stupid thing. It wouldn't budge. The alarm was getting louder yet! My Dad has a spare remote, but he was at Walmart, which isn't terribly close. Suddenly the alarm stopped. :unsure: I was relieved (a little quiet!) but also a little curious. I said to my Mom, who was also there, "I wonder why it sto. . . " Didn't get any further. The alarm started up again. :Hahaha: Finally, we all went in the house, and Mom called my Dad. The alarm stopped again - but if you as much as touched the handle of the door, it started screaming bloody murder again. Thankfully, Dad was no longer at Walmart, but was close by, driving up to the church for a party. So he stopped, disabled the alarm with his remote, and traded keys with me so that if the alarm went off again, I could shut it off.

My neighbors who live across the street were getting quite a laugh out of the whole show. ROTFL I now have a new battery in my remote, though - so, hopefully, they won't be watching Part Two tomorrow. grinsmiley
Back to top Go down
Farmer Girl
Li'l Miss Milk Maid
Li'l Miss Milk Maid
Farmer Girl

Number of posts : 2578
Mood : It's a good thing my neighbors like me. Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: It's a good thing my neighbors like me.   It's a good thing my neighbors like me. EmptySat Jan 31, 2009 9:21 pm

ROTFL That's halarious!

That reminds me of when I was little, my Best Friend lived down the road from us. Anyway, living out in the country, there are several small patches of woods and a couple house between us. We used to talk on walkie-talkies alot. Then, one of us got the bright idea to blow the horns of the cars to see if we could hear them. Well, we could, slighty, and kept on doing it for a while! Our neighbors were probably thinking we were crazy!

It's a good thing my neighbors like me. FGKeeper

~ Home is the nicest word there is ~

It's a good thing my neighbors like me. Little
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665

PostSubject: Re: It's a good thing my neighbors like me.   It's a good thing my neighbors like me. EmptySat Jan 31, 2009 11:12 pm

That is too funny Savannah! Laughing

It's a good thing my neighbors like me. Horses10
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : It's a good thing my neighbors like me. Happy011

PostSubject: Re: It's a good thing my neighbors like me.   It's a good thing my neighbors like me. EmptySat Jan 31, 2009 11:40 pm

ROTFL

Well That Reminds me of a Time i was suppose to go and Start my Sisters Van and my Sister had Misplace the Remote so i just unlock it with Key and then the Alarm went on so Climd in and turn it on and then it stop for a little while so i did evreything i could think of but nothing would make it stop for good so my sister came outside trying to stop it and finally it did stop then my sister got in and Started Driving and then it started again and then i remember what my Brother had said always Unlock with the Remote even if it is already unlock other wise the Alarm will go off so after we Try that it stop

It's a good thing my neighbors like me. Jacobk10It's a good thing my neighbors like me. Jacob210
Back to top Go down
Lily
"Beautiful Life"
It's a good thing my neighbors like me. LilyRank2
Lily

Number of posts : 6784
Mood : It's a good thing my neighbors like me. Vianne10

PostSubject: Re: It's a good thing my neighbors like me.   It's a good thing my neighbors like me. EmptySun Feb 01, 2009 1:53 pm

:Hahaha: Savannah! If I was your neighbor, I not only would laugh my butt off, I would secretly videotape you, then post it here. Whistle

"Within the heart of every stray, lies the singular desire to be loved."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: It's a good thing my neighbors like me.   It's a good thing my neighbors like me. EmptySun Feb 01, 2009 2:16 pm

ROTFL Lily
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: It's a good thing my neighbors like me.   It's a good thing my neighbors like me. EmptySun Feb 01, 2009 2:21 pm

:Hahaha: Lily!! I believe it!
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : It's a good thing my neighbors like me. Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: It's a good thing my neighbors like me.   It's a good thing my neighbors like me. EmptyTue Feb 03, 2009 11:38 am

Applause Great story! :haha: I'm sure it wasn't so funny at the time though! grinsmiley I HATE when my car alarm goes off---either at home, at the store, wherever! I am the worst about accidently hitting that little button---ours is super sensitive. Ugh. Jacob, sounds like you've had your own experience with those darn things! :Hahaha:

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Lily
"Beautiful Life"
It's a good thing my neighbors like me. LilyRank2
Lily

Number of posts : 6784
Mood : It's a good thing my neighbors like me. Vianne10

PostSubject: Re: It's a good thing my neighbors like me.   It's a good thing my neighbors like me. EmptyTue Feb 03, 2009 1:12 pm

I will post it under Savannah's thread. I just know she won't mind. Whistle Now in my case, it's a good thing I like my neighbor. :haha:

Some of you may remember that Shirley, my neighbor, for some reason, insisted calling me "Jenny". Well, it happened again yesterday. After I got home from work, I picked up my mail. I noticed her piece of mail was in my mail (those darn mailmen Whistle ). I have to say, my regular mailman, Nick, is the best. It's the subs....it's a another story. Anyway, I walked over to her house to give it to her. I rang the bell, she asked who it was, I answered, 'Shirley, it's Lily, your neighbor.' She said, 'Oh Lily! ok I'm coming.' She opened her door and said: "Hi Jenny!!" Huh? No, I didn't correct her. After so many years and I tried in the beginning, she still calls me Jenny. So, I've learned to accept it. My name is Jenny.

"Within the heart of every stray, lies the singular desire to be loved."
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: It's a good thing my neighbors like me.   It's a good thing my neighbors like me. EmptyTue Feb 03, 2009 7:27 pm

:Hahaha: Jenny, you're so funny!!
Back to top Go down
emilyanneoftheprairie
Sid's Girl
Sid's Girl

Number of posts : 3538

PostSubject: Re: It's a good thing my neighbors like me.   It's a good thing my neighbors like me. EmptyTue Feb 03, 2009 8:34 pm

o wow. these are all such good stories. i have missed your stories a lot.

It's a good thing my neighbors like me. Ifyou
I want to be the best, so whatever comes with that, I’ll have to accept. ~Sidney Crosby
It's a good thing my neighbors like me. Cute-2
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : It's a good thing my neighbors like me. Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: It's a good thing my neighbors like me.   It's a good thing my neighbors like me. EmptyWed Feb 04, 2009 1:34 pm

That's cute Lily! (ahem, I mean Jenny batEyes ).

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It's a good thing my neighbors like me.   It's a good thing my neighbors like me. Empty

Back to top Go down

It's a good thing my neighbors like me.
Page 1 of 1