Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Genetic testing

Go down 
+11
Lori
Amy
LM
Alice
Rob
JW
HarrisonCrosby4387
pamh36
Savannah
Rhonda
bethandmanly
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Genetic testing - Page 2 Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428
Mood : Genetic testing - Page 2 Happy010

Genetic testing - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Genetic testing   Genetic testing - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 10, 2009 10:25 pm

mad Idiotic insurance company! Wouldn't you think that they'd want to be proactive about this kind of thing?? I'm glad that you're appealing the decision!
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : Genetic testing - Page 2 Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Genetic testing   Genetic testing - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 10, 2009 10:44 pm

What do we pay premuims for if the insurance is useless when you need it?

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Number of posts : 5900

PostSubject: Re: Genetic testing   Genetic testing - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 11, 2009 8:26 am

That is unbelievable!! Having insurance these days means absolutely nothing. mad

Genetic testing - Page 2 PamKeeper
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21172
Mood : Genetic testing - Page 2 Purple2

PostSubject: Re: Genetic testing   Genetic testing - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 11, 2009 10:25 am

bethandmanly wrote:
I am so ticked off right now. My insurance company denied to pay for my genetic testing on the grounds that my plan will only pay for it if I get breast cancer by the age of 45 or younger.

Now, if I get breast cancer, why in the flying fig would I need a test to tell me that I am at an increased risk for getting breast cancer? The whole point of the darn test is to give me the option to have surgery or other treatments that will help reduce my risk of getting breast or ovarian cancer.

I almost threw something across the room when I read the letter. I am going to appeal and I am not going to be nice about it. I hate Health New England!!!!!!!

Trust me Cheryl, it isn't just your insurance carrier doing this, and I feel for you and wish you the best of luck in your appeal.

Ranting When I was going through my cancer the second time, my oncologist wanted to do a new treatment on me, which was still in the experimental stages. They were to harvest MY stem cells from my blood, put the blood back in me, and take the stem cells to the lab to let them multiply. They wanted as many healthy cells as they could get. When they got all they needed, they would put me in isolation and I would be put in sort of a coma, almost DEAD. Then they would put the healthy stem cells, MY stem cells, back in me. There would be no visits because I would literally not have an immune system to keep me from sickness. But, because this was experimental, my insurance company denied me, not once, not twice, but THREE times!!!

So....hang in there and fight tooth and nail to get this to go through!!! Thumbsup

Genetic testing - Page 2 Rhonda10Genetic testing - Page 2 Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: Genetic testing   Genetic testing - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 11, 2009 1:12 pm

Thanks Rhonda. I know I'm not alone. It comes down to dollars and cents; but I'm not going to let this go. If I end up having to pay for it myself I'll do it, but I'm going to push hard to get them to cover it. It's one of those things I just need to know.

Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: Genetic testing   Genetic testing - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 15, 2009 12:23 pm

The doctor's office just called. He spoke with my insurance company and they have agreed to cover the testing. happy1

Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

Number of posts : 5286

PostSubject: Re: Genetic testing   Genetic testing - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 15, 2009 12:31 pm

That's awesome, Cheryl!! Good for you to keep on them about it!

Genetic testing - Page 2 TeresaKeeper
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Genetic testing   Genetic testing - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 15, 2009 1:04 pm

WONDERFUL NEWS CHERYL!!! :woohooo:

Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Genetic testing   Genetic testing - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 15, 2009 1:08 pm

Cheer What a wonderful answer to prayer!
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Number of posts : 5900

PostSubject: Re: Genetic testing   Genetic testing - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 15, 2009 3:46 pm

That is wonderful news, Cheryl!

Genetic testing - Page 2 PamKeeper
Back to top Go down
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Lori

Number of posts : 6032

PostSubject: Re: Genetic testing   Genetic testing - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 16, 2009 11:21 am

That's great, Cheryl!

Genetic testing - Page 2 Lorike10
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Genetic testing - Page 2 Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Genetic testing   Genetic testing - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 16, 2009 12:15 pm

Sorry I missed your earlier post about the insurance issues Cheryl. I'm glad they've agreed to cover it!!!! Thumbsup

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: Genetic testing   Genetic testing - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 16, 2009 3:26 pm

Thanks everyone. I'm nervous about the whole thing now, but at least once it's done I'll now.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Genetic testing   Genetic testing - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 16, 2009 4:44 pm

That's great news, Cheryl. Thumbsup
Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

Number of posts : 2761

PostSubject: Re: Genetic testing   Genetic testing - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 25, 2009 4:34 pm

bethandmanly wrote:
The doctor's office just called. He spoke with my insurance company and they have agreed to cover the testing. happy1

What a relief! I didn't see this til now but I was getting so mad reading that they denied it! Good luck getting the testing done, Cheryl. I will be praying for you! {{hugs}}

Genetic testing - Page 2 ChristinaKeeper2 Genetic testing - Page 2 10bChristina

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: Genetic testing   Genetic testing - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 25, 2009 4:59 pm

Thanks Christina. Good to see you checking in here too. I hope all is well.

Cheryl

Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920

PostSubject: Re: Genetic testing   Genetic testing - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 28, 2009 9:49 am

Keep us posted Cheryl. Alot of people would have given up when faced with barriers like insurance issues. Its a good thing for you and your girls.

Genetic testing - Page 2 Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: Genetic testing   Genetic testing - Page 2 EmptyThu May 21, 2009 8:19 am

I'm going for my blood test today. It should be about two weeks before I get the results. A nervous two weeks.

Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

Number of posts : 5286

PostSubject: Re: Genetic testing   Genetic testing - Page 2 EmptyThu May 21, 2009 9:47 am

Good luck, Cheryl. You will be in my prayers.

Genetic testing - Page 2 TeresaKeeper
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Genetic testing   Genetic testing - Page 2 EmptyThu May 21, 2009 10:14 am

I do know what you mean about the long wait...Seems when it comes to health, you have to "hurry up and wait!" Hang in there, it will be ok........ Smiley Hug

Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920

PostSubject: Re: Genetic testing   Genetic testing - Page 2 EmptyThu May 21, 2009 11:21 am

Fill these two weeks with prayer. Hand it over to God completely. He already knows the outcome and has a plan.

Genetic testing - Page 2 Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
Proverbs 3:5-6
Proverbs 3:5-6
LIWnut

Number of posts : 2539
Mood : Genetic testing - Page 2 Cloud910

PostSubject: Re: Genetic testing   Genetic testing - Page 2 EmptyThu May 21, 2009 12:23 pm

God is good. Don't let go of His hand, He hasn't let go of yours!

Genetic testing - Page 2 MarilynKeeper Genetic testing - Page 2 Bookclub2
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Genetic testing   Genetic testing - Page 2 EmptyThu May 21, 2009 12:54 pm

You'll be in my prayers, Cheryl. Smiley Hug
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: Genetic testing   Genetic testing - Page 2 EmptyThu May 21, 2009 2:31 pm

Gin wrote:
Fill these two weeks with prayer. Hand it over to God completely. He already knows the outcome and has a plan.

Thanks for the encouragement and support everyone. You know, Gin, one of my favorite passages from the Bible says, "Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they? Which of you by taking thought can add one cubit unto his stature?" (Matthew 6: 26 -27). And yet, it is oftentimes so difficult to put into practice for an impatient control freak such as myself. grinsmiley

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417

PostSubject: Re: Genetic testing   Genetic testing - Page 2 EmptySun May 24, 2009 12:13 pm

bethandmanly wrote:
Gin wrote:

Thanks for the encouragement and support everyone. You know, Gin, one of my favorite passages from the Bible says, "Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they? Which of you by taking thought can add one cubit unto his stature?" (Matthew 6: 26 -27). And yet, it is oftentimes so difficult to put into practice for an impatient control freak such as myself. grinsmiley

LOL, me too Cheryl...I hear ya! Wink I'll be praying for you too....

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Genetic testing   Genetic testing - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Genetic testing
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next