Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

LHOP Makes Fox News' List of TV's 10 Worst Season Finales

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : LHOP Makes Fox News' List of TV's 10 Worst Season Finales Bokmal10

LHOP Makes Fox News' List of TV's 10 Worst Season Finales Empty
PostSubject: LHOP Makes Fox News' List of TV's 10 Worst Season Finales   LHOP Makes Fox News' List of TV's 10 Worst Season Finales EmptyThu Apr 02, 2009 3:53 pm

For those who don't know--which would have included me if I hadn't gotten online today--ER's final episode airs tonight. In honor of the end of this long-running drama, Fox News put together a list of TV's 10 Worst Season Finales. LHOP came in at Number 5. While it did mention the final episode of Season 9, Hello and Goodbye, where Matthew's father returns and Matthew leaves Walnut Grove, it is The Last Farewell that they found the most complaints with.

Check it out at http://www.foxnews.com/photoessay/0,4644,6932,00.html#5_0

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/

PostSubject: Re: LHOP Makes Fox News' List of TV's 10 Worst Season Finales   LHOP Makes Fox News' List of TV's 10 Worst Season Finales EmptyThu Apr 02, 2009 8:58 pm

Quote :
The Last Farewell that they found the most complaints with.

That's shocking. Huh? I could understand, Hello and Goodbye.

We'll be watching ER tonight too.
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : LHOP Makes Fox News' List of TV's 10 Worst Season Finales Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: LHOP Makes Fox News' List of TV's 10 Worst Season Finales   LHOP Makes Fox News' List of TV's 10 Worst Season Finales EmptyThu Apr 02, 2009 10:52 pm

Oh gosh...I couldn't agree more with what that caption said. "Fan trauma" indeed! I STILL haven't gotten over it! bawling

I loved ER in the early years. I can't believe that show has been on for 15 years!! Unreal. I thought about watching the finale, but then figured that maybe I'd get into watching re-runs and actually be sorry that I 'spoiled' the finale, so I figured I'll pass for now. I was so tempted to watch the original cast though---it must have been amazing for them to all work together again!

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : LHOP Makes Fox News' List of TV's 10 Worst Season Finales Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: LHOP Makes Fox News' List of TV's 10 Worst Season Finales   LHOP Makes Fox News' List of TV's 10 Worst Season Finales EmptyThu Apr 02, 2009 11:11 pm

I made mention of Little House's appearance on this list at my Laura's Little Houses blog - http://lauralittlehouseontheprairie.blogspot.com/2009/04/lhop-makes-fox-news-list-of-tvs-10.html - if you want to pop in and leave comments.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920
Mood : LHOP Makes Fox News' List of TV's 10 Worst Season Finales Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: LHOP Makes Fox News' List of TV's 10 Worst Season Finales   LHOP Makes Fox News' List of TV's 10 Worst Season Finales EmptyFri Apr 03, 2009 5:49 pm

I thought the same thing Amy! Saving it for the megaset I guess.
I think the worst eppy of ER was when Lucy got axed! I remember just sitting there in shock!

As far as Little House....well I think it was good. After all you have to remember the storyline....they didn't want Lasseter to benefit from their homes and businesses. Also...Mike Landon said they had to leave the land as they found it...empty.

I have to say I wish someone would come along buy some land and rebuild "Walnut Grove" for us fans to go see. That would be awesome and SO fun.

LHOP Makes Fox News' List of TV's 10 Worst Season Finales Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: LHOP Makes Fox News' List of TV's 10 Worst Season Finales   LHOP Makes Fox News' List of TV's 10 Worst Season Finales EmptySat Apr 04, 2009 12:07 am

It couldn't possibly be in the top ten when there are soooo many terrible ones out there! I thought it was dreadful to blow up the town for real, I wished they could've relocated it to somewhere else as a museum but it made for a bang of a finale!
Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

Number of posts : 2761

PostSubject: Re: LHOP Makes Fox News' List of TV's 10 Worst Season Finales   LHOP Makes Fox News' List of TV's 10 Worst Season Finales EmptyWed Apr 08, 2009 8:13 pm

Amy wrote:
Oh gosh...I couldn't agree more with what that caption said. "Fan trauma" indeed! I STILL haven't gotten over it! bawling

I loved ER in the early years. I can't believe that show has been on for 15 years!! Unreal. I thought about watching the finale, but then figured that maybe I'd get into watching re-runs and actually be sorry that I 'spoiled' the finale, so I figured I'll pass for now. I was so tempted to watch the original cast though---it must have been amazing for them to all work together again!

I agree on both accounts - I haven't watched ER in years so I thought by watching the finale, I would spoil it for myself too.

"The Last Farewell" was definitely traumatic for loyal fans like us. But it was also classic LH - the townpeople wouldn't back down to injustice, like Lassiter benefiting from the land they'd worked so hard over for so long. They stood their ground like they had on so many issues before. It was definitely difficult, though, to see that happening and a little shocking to know it was 'all gone'. Kind of like the article said - if you visit a place for 10 years, you like to know it's still there when everything ends. I think they could've tied things together, for the fans' benefit, a little better by at least having us know they were going to be 'okay' - maybe plans of starting over or something. JMO. grinsmiley

LHOP Makes Fox News' List of TV's 10 Worst Season Finales ChristinaKeeper2 LHOP Makes Fox News' List of TV's 10 Worst Season Finales 10bChristina

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: LHOP Makes Fox News' List of TV's 10 Worst Season Finales   LHOP Makes Fox News' List of TV's 10 Worst Season Finales Empty

Back to top Go down

LHOP Makes Fox News' List of TV's 10 Worst Season Finales
Page 1 of 1