Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Melissa Gilbert on The Today Show and The View

Go down 
+2
JW
Teresa
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

Number of posts : 5286
Mood : Melissa - Melissa Gilbert on The Today Show and The View Happy010

Melissa - Melissa Gilbert on The Today Show and The View Empty
PostSubject: Melissa Gilbert on The Today Show and The View   Melissa - Melissa Gilbert on The Today Show and The View EmptyFri Jun 05, 2009 10:52 pm

I read on Melissa's website that she will be on The Today Show on June 9th, and The View on June 11th, promoting her new book.

Melissa - Melissa Gilbert on The Today Show and The View TeresaKeeper
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : Melissa - Melissa Gilbert on The Today Show and The View Happy011

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Gilbert on The Today Show and The View   Melissa - Melissa Gilbert on The Today Show and The View EmptyFri Jun 05, 2009 11:17 pm

Well i guess i'll have to watch the View lol

Melissa - Melissa Gilbert on The Today Show and The View Jacobk10Melissa - Melissa Gilbert on The Today Show and The View Jacob210
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Melissa - Melissa Gilbert on The Today Show and The View Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Gilbert on The Today Show and The View   Melissa - Melissa Gilbert on The Today Show and The View EmptyFri Jun 05, 2009 11:55 pm

Teresa wrote:
I read on Melissa's website that she will be on The Today Show on June 9th, and The View on June 11th, promoting her new book.

You know me Teresa...I WILL forget, LOL! batEyes If you think of it, can you give a reminder next week? Thanks so much! Wave

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Gilbert on The Today Show and The View   Melissa - Melissa Gilbert on The Today Show and The View EmptyFri Jun 05, 2009 11:59 pm

Sure thing, Amy! I have my DVR set to tape.

Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : Melissa - Melissa Gilbert on The Today Show and The View Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Gilbert on The Today Show and The View   Melissa - Melissa Gilbert on The Today Show and The View EmptySun Jun 07, 2009 6:41 pm

JW wrote:

The View, ugh. I don't know if I can stand watching that one.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Gilbert on The Today Show and The View   Melissa - Melissa Gilbert on The Today Show and The View EmptyMon Jun 08, 2009 7:07 pm

Melissa will be on the Today Show tomorrow morning.

Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : Melissa - Melissa Gilbert on The Today Show and The View Happy011

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Gilbert on The Today Show and The View   Melissa - Melissa Gilbert on The Today Show and The View EmptyMon Jun 08, 2009 9:00 pm

bethandmanly wrote:
JW wrote:

The View, ugh. I don't know if I can stand watching that one.

I Know what you mean Cherly They are always Yelling

Melissa - Melissa Gilbert on The Today Show and The View Jacobk10Melissa - Melissa Gilbert on The Today Show and The View Jacob210
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Gilbert on The Today Show and The View   Melissa - Melissa Gilbert on The Today Show and The View EmptyMon Jun 08, 2009 11:48 pm

Thanks for the reminder Teresa!

Yeah, I'm not big on the View girls either....the only one I even like a wee bit is Sherry, but even she isn't enough to get me to watch!

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Gilbert on The Today Show and The View   Melissa - Melissa Gilbert on The Today Show and The View EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 8:41 am

Melissa looked great---loved her hair and her royal blue dress on her. I was thinking the alcoholism was from way in her past or sth, but she said she's been sober for 5 years! I didn't realize this was something she's been struggling with throughout her marriage to Bruce. Glad that she's made it through.

She says that Rob left her when he found out Melissa was pregnant. I'm just not sure that this was something that needed to be dredged up right now....they have both moved on and I think that after all these years, it's just not right to drag someone else's name through the mud.

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Gilbert on The Today Show and The View   Melissa - Melissa Gilbert on The Today Show and The View EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 9:55 am

I just got through watching the first part of her interview. She looks great! They said that she would be on again during the next hour of the show, so I'll stay tuned for that as well.

Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Gilbert on The Today Show and The View   Melissa - Melissa Gilbert on The Today Show and The View EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 10:13 am

Amy wrote:
She says that Rob left her when he found out Melissa was pregnant. I'm just not sure that this was something that needed to be dredged up right now....they have both moved on and I think that after all these years, it's just not right to drag someone else's name through the mud.

Maybe that's not how she sees it. Perhaps, like her sobriety, it is something that she's struggled with and it's part of the past that shaped who she has become today. Both of them were kids back then, and their more current actions will hopefully be the way people see them, not what happened back then.

This is why I haven't plunked money down to buy the book. There are just things I don't want to know. The only part I'm really interested in finding out is what happened to her brother Jonathan and what she says about working with Dean. Other than that, I don't need to read how she snorted coke with the Brat Pack or that one of her LHOP castmates slept with her first husband. That stuff just does nothing for me. It sells books, but it doesn't do much for me.

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Gilbert on The Today Show and The View   Melissa - Melissa Gilbert on The Today Show and The View EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 10:36 am

bethandmanly wrote:
Amy wrote:

Maybe that's not how she sees it. Perhaps, like her sobriety, it is something that she's struggled with and it's part of the past that shaped who she has become today. Both of them were kids back then, and their more current actions will hopefully be the way people see them, not what happened back then.

I see what you're saying, but this is a sticky thing...she wouldn't be the first to do this in a tell-all, that's for sure. This totally reminds me of the Dr. Quinn episode, "Dorothy's Book"....she 'dished' on the entire town, claimed that in her mind she was simply relaying information that helped her OWN growth, but in the long run hurt other people, because ultimately it was their business to tell. There's two sides of looking at it, and of course as a writer, Dorothy saw it differently than the town did.

I agree with you though....I am not interested in getting the 'scoop' on her seedy past, but being Melissa Gilbert, it's going to be hard for me NOT to read this book. I'll probably borrow it from the library---I can't see myself buying it!

By the way, Teresa, did you see her again? I wasn't able to stay tuned. What else did she have to say?

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Gilbert on The Today Show and The View   Melissa - Melissa Gilbert on The Today Show and The View EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 10:59 am

In the second part of her interview, Melissa said that on her opening night last year in Minneapolis for The Little House Musical, Katherine McGregor surprised her and flew in to see the show. How awesome is that!!

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Gilbert on The Today Show and The View   Melissa - Melissa Gilbert on The Today Show and The View EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 12:14 pm

Oh wow, that is NEAT!!! You must have died when you heard it happened in YOUR area! I wonder if it was when you were there? How wild to think Katherine McG was possibly sitting in your audience! Applause

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Gilbert on The Today Show and The View   Melissa - Melissa Gilbert on The Today Show and The View EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 12:56 pm

Amy wrote:
Oh wow, that is NEAT!!! You must have died when you heard it happened in YOUR area! I wonder if it was when you were there? How wild to think Katherine McG was possibly sitting in your audience! Applause

She made it out to see Dean Butler's new cabaret production too. I guess she's making the rounds lately.

Back to top Go down
LIWnut
Proverbs 3:5-6
Proverbs 3:5-6
LIWnut

Number of posts : 2539
Mood : Melissa - Melissa Gilbert on The Today Show and The View Cloud910

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Gilbert on The Today Show and The View   Melissa - Melissa Gilbert on The Today Show and The View EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 5:25 pm

You can go to the Today site and watch the video of MG. There are 2 of them.

Melissa - Melissa Gilbert on The Today Show and The View MarilynKeeper Melissa - Melissa Gilbert on The Today Show and The View Bookclub2
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Gilbert on The Today Show and The View   Melissa - Melissa Gilbert on The Today Show and The View EmptyThu Jun 11, 2009 9:34 am

Melissa will be on The View this morning.

Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Gilbert on The Today Show and The View   Melissa - Melissa Gilbert on The Today Show and The View EmptyThu Jun 11, 2009 11:42 am

LIWnut wrote:
You can go to the Today site and watch the video of MG. There are 2 of them.

I saw them, thanks Marilyn! dancegirl

Her voice is the same, she looked great!

Melissa - Melissa Gilbert on The Today Show and The View Horses10
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Gilbert on The Today Show and The View   Melissa - Melissa Gilbert on The Today Show and The View EmptyThu Jun 11, 2009 12:13 pm

Yeah i saw her onthe view just now!!........She looks pretty and still looks the same!!

iam not sure if i will buy the book either!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Gilbert on The Today Show and The View   Melissa - Melissa Gilbert on The Today Show and The View Empty

Back to top Go down

Melissa Gilbert on The Today Show and The View
Page 1 of 1