Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Opie and the bird.

Go down 
+6
Alice
Carol
bethandmanly
Teresa
pamh36
Savannah
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Opie and the bird. Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428
Mood : Opie and the bird. Happy010

Opie and the bird. Empty
PostSubject: Opie and the bird.   Opie and the bird. EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 8:03 am

Last night, I had finally gotten home, and was looking forward to hiding from the world relaxing for a while before getting some sleep. Then I started hearing the unmistakable sound of Opie's feet thumping wildly up the stairs - and then down - and then up. That isn't very unusual, so I kept doing what I was doing, and got a bit of a laugh listening to him play......THEN I heard our parakeet squawking, and he sounded way too close. I decided that I should investigate. I went into the hall, and saw Opie and the bird.....Or rather, Opie carrying the bird! In his mouth! When Opie saw me, he was surprised enough that the bird had a chance to swoop out of his mouth, and it took off for one of the bedrooms. Opie took off after the bird. I took off after Opie. (What ever happened to my "relaxing for a while" plan??) I finally caught Opie, scooted him out of the bedroom and shut the door. The bird was stuck behind a nightstand and couldn't get out. I put on a thick pair of gloves (experience is quite a teacher) and reached down to help the poor, defenseless little-bitty bird.....Who, in overwhelming gratitude for being rescued from the jaws of death.......pecked the livin' daylights out of my gloved (thank the Lord!) hand. I put the ingrate back in his cage, and went back to my bedroom to relax again....And found Opie sleeping soundly on the foot of my bed, as if he'd been there for hours. Laughing WHO was the one who had planned on relaxing?? I need to take lessons from Opie, I guess!
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Number of posts : 5900

Opie and the bird. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opie and the bird.   Opie and the bird. EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 8:25 am

ROTFL At least you were there to rescue the poor bird! Laughing

That reminds me of when a squirrel got into my mom's house. She was laying down in her bed and a squirrel apparently came in through the chimney and their cat was chasing it around. She couldn't do anything but listen to the path of destruction because she couldn't get out of bed due to her MS, so she called me on the phone (they always kept the phone on her bed when she laid down) and had me come over. So, here I was chasing the cat, who was chasing the squirrel and things were getting knocked down and broken in the meantime. I had left the front door propped open, and thankfully, the squirrel finally ran out. My dad feeling quite sympathetic to what my mom went through during the ordeal went out and bought her a lovely ceramic squirrel. OhMy

Opie and the bird. PamKeeper
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

Number of posts : 5286

Opie and the bird. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opie and the bird.   Opie and the bird. EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 9:16 am

There's never a dull moment with Opie, is there? LOL!!

Opie and the bird. TeresaKeeper
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : Opie and the bird. Bokmal10

Opie and the bird. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opie and the bird.   Opie and the bird. EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 9:47 am

Another entry for Opie's Tales. Next time let Opie eat the ungrateful bird. LOL!

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665

Opie and the bird. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opie and the bird.   Opie and the bird. EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 11:25 am

Laughing Too funny Savannah & Pam!

Opie and the bird. Horses10
Back to top Go down
Alice
On The African Savanna
On The African Savanna
Alice

Number of posts : 10766

Opie and the bird. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opie and the bird.   Opie and the bird. EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 4:41 pm

Oh, Savannah! That must have been some fun adventure (for Opie). And to have the bird peck you after saving it and then Opie sleeping on the foot of your bed like nothing happened mad . Glad you finally did get to relax!

And Pam, a ceramic squirrel of all things! Laughing Sounds like something my husband would have given to me.

Spring is finally here, the lovely pink blooms on the "spray" tree outside my window are gone leaving a beautiful willow.

Last edited by Alice on Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:57 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Edited to make sense.)
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Opie and the bird. Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428

Opie and the bird. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opie and the bird.   Opie and the bird. EmptyThu Jun 18, 2009 9:28 pm

:Hahaha: Pam! A ceramic squirrel! What a hoot!
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Opie and the bird. Love-s10

Opie and the bird. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opie and the bird.   Opie and the bird. EmptyFri Jun 19, 2009 10:45 am

LOL, great stories Savannah and Pam! Applause My dogs really are not nearly as interesting as your cats! grinsmiley

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : Opie and the bird. Happy011

Opie and the bird. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opie and the bird.   Opie and the bird. EmptyFri Jun 19, 2009 3:05 pm

:Hahaha:

Opie and the bird. Jacobk10Opie and the bird. Jacob210
Back to top Go down
alexczarn
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 22999

Opie and the bird. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opie and the bird.   Opie and the bird. EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 5:38 am

We need to hear more stories! laugh3

Opie and the bird. Alexke11
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136
Mood : Opie and the bird. Bokmal10

Opie and the bird. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opie and the bird.   Opie and the bird. EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 7:59 pm

Por bird!!! I just imagine how scared he must be after being almost chewed up by Opie! Laughing What a god thing you was there to keep the poor parakeet safe!

Vanesa.

Opie and the bird. Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Opie and the bird. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opie and the bird.   Opie and the bird. Empty

Back to top Go down

Opie and the bird.
Page 1 of 1