Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Opie and the baby.

Go down 
+5
LIWnut
bethandmanly
Amy
Alice
Savannah
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Opie and the baby. Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428
Mood : Opie and the baby. Happy010

Opie and the baby. Empty
PostSubject: Opie and the baby.   Opie and the baby. EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 11:57 pm

Tuesday morning, a friend of mine needed me to babysit her eight-month-old little boy, Gabriel. ( Love Oh, twist my arm and make me snuggle a chubby baby!) Well, Gabriel had never seen a cat, and Opie had never seen a baby.....So they were both very curious about one another. When Gabriel was sitting on the floor, Opie was slowly sneaking up behind him...He got closer and closer until his whiskers tickled the back of Gabriel's head. Gabriel turned to look and see what had been tickling him, and staring him in the face was Opie. The baby let out a squeal of delight, and laughed so hard he almost tipped over! Opie took off at the first sound of Gabriel's squeal! :Hahaha: The baby crawled over and tried to touch Opie, but each time....just as the baby would get close enough, Opie would take a few steps backwards so the baby couldn't touch him. Then he'd wait for the baby to come closer again, and do the same thing all over again! Laughing After a while they both tired of that game, and it looked like Opie was playing peek-a-boo from behind a chair. Honestly, I think I should hire Opie out as a babysitter! Laughing He was so sweet and gentle with the baby! He never hissed or scratched even when his ears got pinched or his whiskers got tugged. (I wish he'd be as gentle with my toes in the middle of the night! Whistle )
Back to top Go down
Alice
On The African Savanna
On The African Savanna
Alice

Number of posts : 10766

Opie and the baby. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opie and the baby.   Opie and the baby. EmptyThu Jul 23, 2009 12:18 am

Laughing Opie, you're such a sweetheart!

Sounds like they had an interesting meet and greet. :Hahaha: I would have loved to see that. Now, Savannah, you need to get a video camera so that a DVD can accompany each Opie book that is sold.

Spring is finally here, the lovely pink blooms on the "spray" tree outside my window are gone leaving a beautiful willow.
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Opie and the baby. Love-s10

Opie and the baby. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opie and the baby.   Opie and the baby. EmptyThu Jul 23, 2009 9:00 am

Too cute Savannah! It sounds like Opie & Gabriel were quite entertaining together! grinsmiley

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : Opie and the baby. Bokmal10

Opie and the baby. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opie and the baby.   Opie and the baby. EmptyThu Jul 23, 2009 1:38 pm

Aw, we needed video coverage of this.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
LIWnut
Proverbs 3:5-6
Proverbs 3:5-6
LIWnut

Number of posts : 2539
Mood : Opie and the baby. Cloud910

Opie and the baby. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opie and the baby.   Opie and the baby. EmptyThu Jul 23, 2009 6:24 pm

Gee Savannah, what did you do for entertainment before Opie came along? What a cute story, thanks for sharing.

Opie and the baby. MarilynKeeper Opie and the baby. Bookclub2
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

Opie and the baby. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opie and the baby.   Opie and the baby. EmptyFri Jul 24, 2009 8:02 am

LIWnut wrote:
Gee Savannah, what did you do for entertainment before Opie came along?

Ah, before Opie came along, I had four entertainers. grinsmiley Opie'll have to keep himself busy, won't he!
Back to top Go down
Lily
"Beautiful Life"
Opie and the baby. LilyRank2
Lily

Number of posts : 6784
Mood : Opie and the baby. Vianne10

Opie and the baby. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opie and the baby.   Opie and the baby. EmptyWed Jul 29, 2009 9:13 am

Awww thank you for always sharing Opie's stories with us. Every time I read about Opie or seeing his picture, I just want to pick him up and squeeeeeze him. Laughing

"Within the heart of every stray, lies the singular desire to be loved."
Back to top Go down
Kristina
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Kristina

Number of posts : 7864

Opie and the baby. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opie and the baby.   Opie and the baby. EmptyWed Jul 29, 2009 1:17 pm

such a cute story! I wish I had a cat!
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

Opie and the baby. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opie and the baby.   Opie and the baby. EmptyWed Jul 29, 2009 2:06 pm

Lily wrote:
Awww thank you for always sharing Opie's stories with us. Every time I read about Opie or seeing his picture, I just want to pick him up and squeeeeeze him. Laughing

Love Thank you, Lily....I think he probably gets tired of me hugging him. Laughing But he's so sweet!!

ingallsfan2008 wrote:
such a cute story! I wish I had a cat!

I used to be scared of cats when I was little, because I had been attacked by a cat. But after a while, the fear subsided, and I fell in love with a little black and white kitten. We adopted him and named him Arthur, and he was such an amazingly loving, sweet cat.....I can't imagine being without one now. You have to find the right cat, though! There are some mean ones out there!
Back to top Go down
Kristina
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Kristina

Number of posts : 7864

Opie and the baby. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opie and the baby.   Opie and the baby. EmptyFri Jul 31, 2009 10:17 am

I know what you mean! I love cats, but we can't have them inside because my sister is allergic to them. We had two barn cats once named Lucy and Ethel (two black cats that we got on Friday the 13th Laughing ) and they were great cats, but they both eventually ran away bawling someday I know I'll have more cats though!
Back to top Go down
alexczarn
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 22999

Opie and the baby. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opie and the baby.   Opie and the baby. EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 5:36 am

Now now, I see Opie is multi-talented!

Opie and the baby. Alexke11
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136

Opie and the baby. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opie and the baby.   Opie and the baby. EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 7:55 pm

Send a kiss to "angel-Opie"! What a sweet cat he is! Love loveheart I wish I could have a cat like him...

Vanesa.

Opie and the baby. Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Opie and the baby. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opie and the baby.   Opie and the baby. Empty

Back to top Go down

Opie and the baby.
Page 1 of 1