Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

One of Josh's Friends needs prayers......

Go down 
+5
JW
pamh36
Savannah
Teresa
Rhonda
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21172
Mood : One of Josh's Friends needs prayers...... Purple2

One of Josh's Friends needs prayers...... Empty
PostSubject: One of Josh's Friends needs prayers......   One of Josh's Friends needs prayers...... EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 12:34 pm

Last night, Josh text messaged me from Texas saying that one of his friends is in the hospital and was actually told, that he may not come out of the hospital. This has got Josh so upset, that he couldn't eat last night, nor could he sleep. They do not know what is going on with his friend, Derek, since he has been healthy all his life. He did however, miss going to Josh's graduation because he had been bit by a spider and then a few days later, got staph infection. I tend to lean towards one of these giving him problems again. As of last night, he could not feel his hands or his feet, they were taking all kinds of blood for tests and were supposed to take some of his white cells (the ones that fight infection) dye them with a radiation dye, and put them back in him, so they can follow where there go, to see exactly where the infection is at. PLEASE pray for Derek that he can pull through this, and pray that Josh is able to handle whatever happens....he and Derek are really tight and this is really taking a toll on Josh, and he really needs to be concentrating on his tech school....... No

One of Josh's Friends needs prayers...... Rhonda10One of Josh's Friends needs prayers...... Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

Number of posts : 5286
Mood : One of Josh's Friends needs prayers...... Happy010

PostSubject: Re: One of Josh's Friends needs prayers......   One of Josh's Friends needs prayers...... EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 12:37 pm

That's awful, Rhonda! Derek will be in my prayers. How scary for this to happen all of a sudden. I hope that the doctors are able to get the infection under control soon. Keep us posted on the situation.

One of Josh's Friends needs prayers...... TeresaKeeper
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
One of Josh's Friends needs prayers...... Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428

PostSubject: Re: One of Josh's Friends needs prayers......   One of Josh's Friends needs prayers...... EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 12:58 pm

How frightening! Derek and Josh both have my prayers.
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Number of posts : 5900

PostSubject: Re: One of Josh's Friends needs prayers......   One of Josh's Friends needs prayers...... EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 1:10 pm

How scary! I will keep them both in my prayers.

One of Josh's Friends needs prayers...... PamKeeper
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : One of Josh's Friends needs prayers...... Happy011

PostSubject: Re: One of Josh's Friends needs prayers......   One of Josh's Friends needs prayers...... EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 2:05 pm

Sorry to hear that I'll be Praying

One of Josh's Friends needs prayers...... Jacobk10One of Josh's Friends needs prayers...... Jacob210
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : One of Josh's Friends needs prayers...... Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: One of Josh's Friends needs prayers......   One of Josh's Friends needs prayers...... EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 5:21 pm

How awful! We'll definitely be praying. Please let us know as soon as you hear anything.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: One of Josh's Friends needs prayers......   One of Josh's Friends needs prayers...... EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 6:39 pm

I went by the hospital to visit with Derek. His mom and girlfriend was there. He was sitting on the edge of his bed trying to wiggle his legs some. They were waiting on the PT to come in and get him up and moving. They had him up earlier walking him with the use of a walker. The infection doctor was supposed to be in soon to take him for his scan; the dyed white cells had to be in for 24 hours before the scan could be done. His back hurts and it almost makes me think it might be meningitis....but they have been testing for so many things, you would think they would've checked on this as well.......Keep praying that they find something out for Derek.....he is a really sweet kid and he and Josh are so close.......thanks all! pray

One of Josh's Friends needs prayers...... Rhonda10One of Josh's Friends needs prayers...... Lauram10
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

PostSubject: Re: One of Josh's Friends needs prayers......   One of Josh's Friends needs prayers...... EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 7:29 pm

Thanks for the update, Rhonda. I am continuing to pray.

Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

PostSubject: Re: One of Josh's Friends needs prayers......   One of Josh's Friends needs prayers...... EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 11:09 pm

thanks for the Update i'll Keep praying

One of Josh's Friends needs prayers...... Jacobk10One of Josh's Friends needs prayers...... Jacob210
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: One of Josh's Friends needs prayers......   One of Josh's Friends needs prayers...... EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 11:54 pm

Derek and Josh will continue to be in my prayers, Rhonda.

Back to top Go down
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Lori

Number of posts : 6032

PostSubject: Re: One of Josh's Friends needs prayers......   One of Josh's Friends needs prayers...... EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 11:54 am

I will be praying for both Derek and Josh.

One of Josh's Friends needs prayers...... Lorike10
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : One of Josh's Friends needs prayers...... Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: One of Josh's Friends needs prayers......   One of Josh's Friends needs prayers...... EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 2:36 pm

Oh how awful! I am so sorry to hear this....I hope they figure it out soon so they can help him. Prayers are going up for Derek.

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: One of Josh's Friends needs prayers......   One of Josh's Friends needs prayers...... EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 5:56 pm

MORE PRAYERS PLEASE......Derek just text messaged me and he is heading into surgery......I do not know what they found out, but I am thinking about heading up to the hospital to sit with his mom and girlfriend..... pray

Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

PostSubject: Re: One of Josh's Friends needs prayers......   One of Josh's Friends needs prayers...... EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 6:27 pm

He is in my prayers. {{{{{HUGS}}}}

Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62619
Mood : One of Josh's Friends needs prayers...... Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: One of Josh's Friends needs prayers......   One of Josh's Friends needs prayers...... EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 6:45 pm

Prayers here, too, Rhonda.
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

PostSubject: Re: One of Josh's Friends needs prayers......   One of Josh's Friends needs prayers...... EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 8:00 pm

I'll keep praying for him

Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: One of Josh's Friends needs prayers......   One of Josh's Friends needs prayers...... EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 10:37 pm

Derek had an abcess on his spine about 4 inches round. He had staph infection about 2 weeks ago and when it came back, it decided to latch onto his spine. The doctor had to scrape some of his backbone away so he could get to the abcess without bothering the spinal cord. He went into surgery around 6:15 and was to be out around 8:15. The doctor came in around 8:45 and talked with Derek's mom and dad. Everything went well, he was moving and wiggling his legs while be wheeled into recovery. He will be swollen tomorrow, and his legs may not work, but they will know that is from the swelling, not something else. Thanks so much for all the prayers, I know Derek appreciates them, as he was scared to death!!! OhMy

Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

PostSubject: Re: One of Josh's Friends needs prayers......   One of Josh's Friends needs prayers...... EmptySat Aug 22, 2009 8:06 am

I can only imagine how scared he was! I will continue to pray and hope he has a quick recovery. Thanks for the update!

Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
One of Josh's Friends needs prayers...... Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428

PostSubject: Re: One of Josh's Friends needs prayers......   One of Josh's Friends needs prayers...... EmptySat Aug 22, 2009 8:09 am

Wow, what a frightening experience for Derek and his family! I'm glad that they found out what the problem was and that it was taken care of in time. He has my prayers for a quick recovery.
Back to top Go down
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Lori

Number of posts : 6032

PostSubject: Re: One of Josh's Friends needs prayers......   One of Josh's Friends needs prayers...... EmptySat Aug 22, 2009 8:46 am

I'm sure it was quite a relief to them to finally know what the problem was. That is great that he came through the surgery ok.

One of Josh's Friends needs prayers...... Lorike10
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: One of Josh's Friends needs prayers......   One of Josh's Friends needs prayers...... EmptySat Aug 22, 2009 11:01 am

Thanks everyone.....He has 6 weeks of IV antibiotics, and his mom is hoping they can arrange a way to do them without him having to stay in the hospital that long....... No

When I text messaged Josh to let him know the outcome, (He was trying his best to not even think about the surgery going on) he text messaged me back with, "Huuah!!" So, I think he was extremely relieved..... grinsmiley

Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : One of Josh's Friends needs prayers...... Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: One of Josh's Friends needs prayers......   One of Josh's Friends needs prayers...... EmptySat Aug 22, 2009 1:44 pm

I'm glad that it all worked out okay. How scary!

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

PostSubject: Re: One of Josh's Friends needs prayers......   One of Josh's Friends needs prayers...... EmptySat Aug 22, 2009 5:32 pm

That is great news Rhonda

Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: One of Josh's Friends needs prayers......   One of Josh's Friends needs prayers...... EmptyTue Aug 25, 2009 2:31 pm

Thank goodness that the surgery went well. Has Josh seen Derek since the surgery? How is he doing?

Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: One of Josh's Friends needs prayers......   One of Josh's Friends needs prayers...... EmptyTue Aug 25, 2009 3:19 pm

No, Josh is in Texas and Derek is here in Arkansas.....that is why Josh was going so cRaZy not knowing what was going on with his friend......I text messaged Derek yesterday and asked how he was doing.....he said that he is concentrating on recovering and doing his best to get well.....so far....so good...... Thumbsup

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: One of Josh's Friends needs prayers......   One of Josh's Friends needs prayers...... Empty

Back to top Go down

One of Josh's Friends needs prayers......
Page 1 of 1