Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Patrick Swayze dies at 57

Go down 
+13
Debbie
Rhonda
Gin
I Love Dean
Misti
ChristinaAL
charles ingalls
carolineingalls
pamh36
Amy
Rob
Teresa
HarrisonCrosby4387
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Number of posts : 5900

Patrick Swayze dies at 57 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Patrick Swayze dies at 57   Patrick Swayze dies at 57 - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 16, 2008 3:47 pm

Amy wrote:
Darn it, I can't get that link to work, Pam. What does it say, in a nutshell?

And good grief, I was in the grocery store this morning and made the mistake of glancing at the front page of a tabloid. I do belive it's the GLOBE. mad

It said something like, "Baby secret the actor will take to his grave." OMG. How can people be SO cruel??? Not only making up what's probably a lie about him having an illigitamate child or sth, but practically writing him off as dead!!! I remember the tabloids being insanely cruel to Michael Landon as well, and how frustrating that was. I mean, how about a little humanity????? No

The link mentioned something about him being in some kind of musical version of Little House with Melissa Gilbert. It said that he and Melissa played Ma and Pa Ingalls.

That is cruel. I can't stand those tabloids!

Patrick Swayze dies at 57 - Page 2 PamKeeper
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Patrick Swayze dies at 57   Patrick Swayze dies at 57 - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 08, 2008 7:16 pm

Update on Patrick Patrick Swayze To Start Work On New TV Drama

I'm so happy that Patrck is doing better. He is a talented actor. I loved him in Road House & Dirty Dancing. Love
Back to top Go down
charles ingalls
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
charles ingalls

Number of posts : 2009
Mood : Patrick Swayze dies at 57 - Page 2 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Patrick Swayze dies at 57   Patrick Swayze dies at 57 - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 08, 2008 7:28 pm

i read in those tabloids he's giving up and just gonna die

Patrick Swayze dies at 57 - Page 2 GARYKEEPER
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

Number of posts : 5286

PostSubject: Re: Patrick Swayze dies at 57   Patrick Swayze dies at 57 - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 08, 2008 8:44 pm

Hence, the tabloids........................

Patrick Swayze dies at 57 - Page 2 TeresaKeeper
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Patrick Swayze dies at 57   Patrick Swayze dies at 57 - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 02, 2009 2:20 pm

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Patrick Swayze dies at 57 - Page 2 Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Patrick Swayze dies at 57   Patrick Swayze dies at 57 - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 02, 2009 2:31 pm

That's great news! I saw him in People magazine or someplace recently and thought he looked pretty darn good! I'll have to check out the Barbara Walters special. Thanks Susie!

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
charles ingalls
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
charles ingalls

PostSubject: Re: Patrick Swayze dies at 57   Patrick Swayze dies at 57 - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 10, 2009 1:02 pm

he's in the hospital

Back to top Go down
I Love Dean
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler
I Love Dean

Number of posts : 329
Mood : Patrick Swayze dies at 57 - Page 2 Purple2

PostSubject: Re: Patrick Swayze dies at 57   Patrick Swayze dies at 57 - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 12, 2009 3:01 pm

This worrys me.. it's never a good sign getting pneumonia while going through chemo. It usually means the end is near, and I've learned this from losing loved ones myself. How terribly sad... lets hope he beats the odds once again. :alright:

Patrick Swayze dies at 57 - Page 2 Dd4
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920

PostSubject: Re: Patrick Swayze dies at 57   Patrick Swayze dies at 57 - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 12, 2009 4:09 pm

Cancer is so tricky. I have a distant cousin that has been fighting it going on 9 years. He was told many times to get his house in order.
He recently has come to MD Anderson in Houston for experimental treatment. So far its giving him some more time.
I do hope Patrick is able to fight this, but when the end is near you always hope its as comfortable as possibly.
Its good that some of these celebrities are being so open about their lives. This is when we need to see them. Like Julie Andrews, Sheryl Crow ect. They are helping to boost research and that will benefit millions.

Patrick Swayze dies at 57 - Page 2 Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
charles ingalls
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
charles ingalls

PostSubject: Re: Patrick Swayze dies at 57   Patrick Swayze dies at 57 - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 12, 2009 4:40 pm

my ex-wife had cancer of the vocal cord and lived

Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21172

PostSubject: Re: Patrick Swayze dies at 57   Patrick Swayze dies at 57 - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 12, 2009 5:02 pm

Good for her.....I am a 2 time survivor myself......My oncologist calls me his miracle.......I wasn't supposed to live through the cancer I had, nor the chemo he was blasting me with........I proved him wrong though....

God wasn't ready for me and the Devil didn't want me..... Laughing

Patrick Swayze dies at 57 - Page 2 Rhonda10Patrick Swayze dies at 57 - Page 2 Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
charles ingalls
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
charles ingalls

PostSubject: Re: Patrick Swayze dies at 57   Patrick Swayze dies at 57 - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 12, 2009 5:18 pm

:haha:

Back to top Go down
Debbie
Mom Of 2 Kitties
Mom Of 2 Kitties

Number of posts : 3822
Mood : Patrick Swayze dies at 57 - Page 2 Xmassm4

PostSubject: Patrick Swayze dies at 57   Patrick Swayze dies at 57 - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 8:42 pm

LOS ANGELES — Patrick Swayze, the hunky actor who danced his way into viewers' hearts with "Dirty Dancing" and then broke them with "Ghost," died Monday after a battle with pancreatic cancer. He was 57.

"Patrick Swayze passed away peacefully today with family at his side after facing the challenges of his illness for the last 20 months," said a statement released Monday evening by his publicist, Annett Wolf. No other details were given.

Fans of the actor were saddened to learn in March 2008 that Swayze was suffering from a particularly deadly form of cancer.

He had kept working despite the diagnosis, putting together a memoir with his wife and shooting "The Beast," an A&E drama series for which he had already made the pilot. It drew a respectable 1.3 million viewers when the 13 episodes ran in 2009, but A&E said it had reluctantly decided not to renew it for a second season.

Swayze said he opted not to use painkilling drugs while making "The Beast" because they would have taken the edge off his performance. He acknowledged that time might be running out given the grim nature of the disease.

When he first went public with the illness, some reports gave him only weeks to live, but his doctor said his situation was "considerably more optimistic" than that.

"I'd say five years is pretty wishful thinking," Swayze told ABC's Barbara Walters in early 2009. "Two years seems likely if you're going to believe statistics. I want to last until they find a cure, which means I'd better get a fire under it."

A three-time Golden Globe nominee, Swayze became a star with his performance as the misunderstood bad-boy Johnny Castle in "Dirty Dancing." As the son of a choreographer who began his career in musical theater, he seemed a natural to play the role.

A coming-of-age romance starring Jennifer Grey as an idealistic young woman on vacation with her family and Swayze as the Catskills resort's sexy (and much older) dance instructor, the film made great use of both his grace on his feet and his muscular physique.

It became an international phenomenon in the summer of 1987, spawning albums, an Oscar-winning hit song in "(I've Had) the Time of My Life," stage productions and a sequel, 2004's "Dirty Dancing: Havana Nights," in which he made a cameo.
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Patrick Swayze dies at 57   Patrick Swayze dies at 57 - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 8:54 pm

Oh, I just heard. :sad5: I am so very sad to hear this, but I am glad he is no longer suffering. He was not looking good during the Barbara Walters interview, so I am amazed that he was able to hold on so long. He had quite a determined spirit, that is for certain. May he rest in peace.

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird
Misti

Number of posts : 4112

PostSubject: Re: Patrick Swayze dies at 57   Patrick Swayze dies at 57 - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 8:59 pm

I loved him in "Dirty Dancing" and "Ghost." May he rest in peace & now free of pain.

Patrick Swayze dies at 57 - Page 2 HummerPatrick Swayze dies at 57 - Page 2 MistiKeeperPatrick Swayze dies at 57 - Page 2 Bookclub5Patrick Swayze dies at 57 - Page 2 Rose
"I would fight for you - I'd lie for you - walk the wire for you - ya I'd die for you..."
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Patrick Swayze dies at 57   Patrick Swayze dies at 57 - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 9:06 pm

He was a great actor. It was nice that he died in peace, surrounded by family. He will be missed.

Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21172

PostSubject: Re: Patrick Swayze dies at 57   Patrick Swayze dies at 57 - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 9:10 pm

How terribly sad, I always loved watching him in movies......I saw that they had a picture of him in a wheelchair on the front of some gossip mag in Wal*Mart today and it said, "Patrick Swayze goes home to die."

My condolences to his family for their loss. Patrick Swayze dies at 57 - Page 2 5_sad

I hate this disease......... Patrick Swayze dies at 57 - Page 2 374638 Patrick Swayze dies at 57 - Page 2 Banghead

Patrick Swayze dies at 57 - Page 2 Rhonda10Patrick Swayze dies at 57 - Page 2 Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Number of posts : 5900

PostSubject: Re: Patrick Swayze dies at 57   Patrick Swayze dies at 57 - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 9:36 pm

I was so sad to hear the news. I am also glad he is no longer suffering. Blue

Patrick Swayze dies at 57 - Page 2 PamKeeper
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Patrick Swayze dies at 57   Patrick Swayze dies at 57 - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 10:01 pm

I'll always remember his famous quote from "Dirty Dancing"................"Nobody puts Baby in the corner."

Back to top Go down
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird
Misti

Number of posts : 4112

PostSubject: Re: Patrick Swayze dies at 57   Patrick Swayze dies at 57 - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 10:26 pm

I was just reading an article, "Stars react to Patrick Swayze's death on Twitter & I ran across this "tweet" from MG. I thought it was really sweet!

MelissaEGilbert: "oh Buddy...no more pain for you. My prayers are with your beautiful Lisa and your family...Say hi to my Dad and my Pa."

Patrick Swayze dies at 57 - Page 2 HummerPatrick Swayze dies at 57 - Page 2 MistiKeeperPatrick Swayze dies at 57 - Page 2 Bookclub5Patrick Swayze dies at 57 - Page 2 Rose
"I would fight for you - I'd lie for you - walk the wire for you - ya I'd die for you..."
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : Patrick Swayze dies at 57 - Page 2 Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Patrick Swayze dies at 57   Patrick Swayze dies at 57 - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 10:32 pm

My heart just broke when I read this earlier. He was one of my favorite actors. How sad for his family, but at least he's now at peace.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Patrick Swayze dies at 57   Patrick Swayze dies at 57 - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 10:17 am

Misti wrote:
I was just reading an article, "Stars react to Patrick Swayze's death on Twitter & I ran across this "tweet" from MG. I thought it was really sweet!

MelissaEGilbert: "oh Buddy...no more pain for you. My prayers are with your beautiful Lisa and your family...Say hi to my Dad and my Pa."

Aw, that's neat. Thanks for sharing that Misti.

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Kristina
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Kristina

Number of posts : 7865
Mood : Patrick Swayze dies at 57 - Page 2 Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Patrick Swayze dies at 57   Patrick Swayze dies at 57 - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 2:48 pm

I heard this on the news this morning, and its such sad news! my thoughts are with his family
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : Patrick Swayze dies at 57 - Page 2 Happy011

PostSubject: Re: Patrick Swayze dies at 57   Patrick Swayze dies at 57 - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 8:25 pm

I Only found out he had cancer i think last week i have seen two movies of his i really like them he was great one was Black Dog and the other one was Road House Both intresting movies

i thoughts are with his family

Patrick Swayze dies at 57 - Page 2 Jacobk10Patrick Swayze dies at 57 - Page 2 Jacob210
Back to top Go down
Alice
On The African Savanna
On The African Savanna
Alice

Number of posts : 10766

PostSubject: Re: Patrick Swayze dies at 57   Patrick Swayze dies at 57 - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 12:42 am

It's truly amazing the love he had for life. I heard an interview and he was telling, Barbara Walters I think, what he had to do every day to keep his body going so he could continue to work and be there with his wife.

My prayers are with his wife and family.

Spring is finally here, the lovely pink blooms on the "spray" tree outside my window are gone leaving a beautiful willow.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Patrick Swayze dies at 57   Patrick Swayze dies at 57 - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Patrick Swayze dies at 57
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next