Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Pa's Big Green Book

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
LIWnut
Proverbs 3:5-6
Proverbs 3:5-6
LIWnut

Number of posts : 2539
Mood : Pa's Big Green Book Cloud910

Pa's Big Green Book Empty
PostSubject: Pa's Big Green Book   Pa's Big Green Book EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 7:26 pm

While visiting the Ingalls home in De Smet, SD last week I noticed this book in the display cabinet in the corner of the parlour. In her books Laura names it Wonders of the Animal World. But the book in the cabinet was called The Polar and Tropical Worlds by Dr. G. Hartwig. These was also another copy of the same book in the museum in Walnut Grove.
I googled and found this site where you can read this book online. Go to http://books.google.ca/books?id=Ed8UAAAAYAAJ&dq=Polar+and+Tropical+Worlds&printsec=frontcover&source=bl&ots=gxluFclAyO&sig=J3LFrt6sB0JJukAMTmDC02JOMrg&hl=en&ei=xmqxSv4MkuDxBoDk3ZcF&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=1#v=onepage&q=&f=false

Pa's Big Green Book MarilynKeeper Pa's Big Green Book Bookclub2
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920
Mood : Pa's Big Green Book Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Pa's Big Green Book   Pa's Big Green Book EmptySat Sep 19, 2009 6:24 pm

Hmmm interesting. I think its a bit more interesting to have Laura tell about it. lol
Thanks for digging around Marilyn and finding this.

Pa's Big Green Book Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

Number of posts : 2761

PostSubject: Re: Pa's Big Green Book   Pa's Big Green Book EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 12:16 am

That is interesting - I guess maybe Laura remembered it as The Wonders of the Animal World from when she was little...not unlike most of us remembering things certain ways from our childhood. But thanks for sharing that info Marilyn Smile

Pa's Big Green Book ChristinaKeeper2 Pa's Big Green Book 10bChristina

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136
Mood : Pa's Big Green Book Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Pa's Big Green Book   Pa's Big Green Book EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 11:48 pm

That ¡s really interesting. I'm always searching and researching old books. It's wonderful to could read with our own eyes, the "Green" book that Laura admired so much when a little girl. I really DO love old books...and these old geographic books are the best of all....Well, excepting for old history books. greenS

Vanesa.

Pa's Big Green Book Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pa's Big Green Book   Pa's Big Green Book Empty

Back to top Go down

Pa's Big Green Book
Page 1 of 1