Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Whisper Country - Is that Melissa Sue's sister?

Go down 
+4
AllieCat
Carol
ChristinaAL
LM
8 posters
AuthorMessage
LM
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
LM

Number of posts : 812
Mood : Melissa - Whisper Country - Is that Melissa Sue's sister? Party010

Melissa - Whisper Country - Is that Melissa Sue's sister? Empty
PostSubject: Whisper Country - Is that Melissa Sue's sister?   Melissa - Whisper Country - Is that Melissa Sue's sister? EmptySat Mar 03, 2007 2:24 am

Greetings all! Wave

I'm watching "Whisper Country" right now, and I really, really believe that one of the students is MSA's little sister.
She's the little girl who gets up after Katie does, to give Mary her name. She doesn't get a chance to speak before Ms. Peel comes into the school and startles everyone. This little girl is so pretty, and she looks so much like Melissa. She has the same shaped face, same hair color, and her eyes even look very much like Melissa's.

Is this her sister?

BTW - Ms. Peel (ugh!) needed a good swift kick. The only reason her horse pulled her carriage, is because he/she thought it was actually running away from her. :haha:

Take care.

Melissa - Whisper Country - Is that Melissa Sue's sister? LMKeeper

dreamNwish Photo Art & Gifts - http://www.zazzle.com/dreamnwish_photo_art

"If you can't be good, be good at it."
Back to top Go down
http://hisbadgeherbadgefanfiction.bravehost.com/index.html
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

Number of posts : 2761

PostSubject: Re: Whisper Country - Is that Melissa Sue's sister?   Melissa - Whisper Country - Is that Melissa Sue's sister? EmptySun Mar 04, 2007 1:24 am

I think MSA was an only child. I've read articles that said she lived with her just her mom, so I don't think that actress could've been her sister. I've never noticed the resemblance though, I'll look for it next time! Wave

Miss Peel certainly was a character! I probably wouldn't have had the patience Mary did with her and that community. But she was strong and dedicated; everything a good teacher should be. Thumbsup

Melissa - Whisper Country - Is that Melissa Sue's sister? ChristinaKeeper2 Melissa - Whisper Country - Is that Melissa Sue's sister? 10bChristina

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
LM
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
LM

PostSubject: Re: Whisper Country - Is that Melissa Sue's sister?   Melissa - Whisper Country - Is that Melissa Sue's sister? EmptySun Mar 04, 2007 7:06 pm

Hi, ChristinaAL. Wave

Thanks for the reply. I hope you'll remember to look for that actress the next time you watch that episode, too. Maybe she's a cousin. She looks so much like her. Well, that's my opinion. I'm anxious to know what you and others will have to say once seeing her again.

BTW - I didn't realize that MSA was about 12 years old when she began on LHOTP. I just read the info at imdb.com. I always thought she was about 9 or 10 years old, but that was about the age for Melissa Gilbert. Interesting. :think:
They both look and sounded like little bitty girls. I don't mean mentally immature...just seemed like younger girls.

Thanks again, and take care.

Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665
Mood : Melissa - Whisper Country - Is that Melissa Sue's sister? Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Whisper Country - Is that Melissa Sue's sister?   Melissa - Whisper Country - Is that Melissa Sue's sister? EmptySun Mar 04, 2007 10:49 pm

LM wrote:
BTW - I didn't realize that MSA was about 12 years old when she began on LHOTP. I just read the info at imdb.com. I always thought she was about 9 or 10 years old, but that was about the age for Melissa Gilbert. Interesting. :think:
They both look and sounded like little bitty girls. I don't mean mentally immature...just seemed like younger girls.

Yeah, I looked older than that when I was 12. lol

Melissa - Whisper Country - Is that Melissa Sue's sister? Horses10
Back to top Go down
AllieCat
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

Number of posts : 24

PostSubject: Re: Whisper Country - Is that Melissa Sue's sister?   Melissa - Whisper Country - Is that Melissa Sue's sister? EmptySun Mar 04, 2007 11:19 pm

Hello everyone,

If you look closely at the student you are referring to in Whisper Country, you may realize she's more familiar than you thought! That's because the actress who played the shy student (her character's name was Sarah Miller) went on to play Susan Goodspeed, one of Mary's blind students in Winoka, Walnut Grove and Sleepy Eye.

The actress playing both roles was Michelle Downey.

I don't believe she is related to MSA.
Back to top Go down
LM
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
LM

PostSubject: Re: Whisper Country - Is that Melissa Sue's sister?   Melissa - Whisper Country - Is that Melissa Sue's sister? EmptyMon Mar 05, 2007 1:29 am

Carol wrote:
LM wrote:

Yeah, I looked older than that when I was 12. lol

LOL!

Well, I don't think I looked older than 12 at 12, but I was sure taller than the average 12 year old girl. Hee hee!

Back to top Go down
LM
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
LM

PostSubject: Re: Whisper Country - Is that Melissa Sue's sister?   Melissa - Whisper Country - Is that Melissa Sue's sister? EmptyMon Mar 05, 2007 1:36 am

AllieCat wrote:
Hello everyone,

If you look closely at the student you are referring to in Whisper Country, you may realize she's more familiar than you thought! That's because the actress who played the shy student (her character's name was Sarah Miller) went on to play Susan Goodspeed, one of Mary's blind students in Winoka, Walnut Grove and Sleepy Eye.

The actress playing both roles was Michelle Downey.

I don't believe she is related to MSA.

Really? I think I can picture her pretty clearly as the student in the blind school. Wasn't she Mary's bridesmaid? I'm also thinking that it was Susan who was lost during the dust storm. :think: They sure did do a lot of actor "recycling" on that show. At least they were loyal to their actors by giving them more work. Thumbsup

Thanks a lot for the information, AllieCat. Wave

Take care.

Back to top Go down
DietCokeofEvil
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
DietCokeofEvil

Number of posts : 27
Mood : Melissa - Whisper Country - Is that Melissa Sue's sister? Pbucket

PostSubject: Re: Whisper Country - Is that Melissa Sue's sister?   Melissa - Whisper Country - Is that Melissa Sue's sister? EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 8:27 am

I always thought that Mary and Susan looked alike too.

Great episode.
Back to top Go down
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

Number of posts : 1056

PostSubject: Re: Whisper Country - Is that Melissa Sue's sister?   Melissa - Whisper Country - Is that Melissa Sue's sister? EmptySun Jun 17, 2012 7:45 pm

I just saw this show...she really did look like Mary...could have played her daughter.
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

Number of posts : 9374
Mood : Melissa - Whisper Country - Is that Melissa Sue's sister? Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Whisper Country - Is that Melissa Sue's sister?   Melissa - Whisper Country - Is that Melissa Sue's sister? EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 10:50 am

Michael did that a lot with kids and adult guest stars.

Adam Gunn who played Harold Watson in "I Remember, I Remember" was
also Standish's son in "As Long as Were Together".

Katy Kurtzman who played Young Carolyn in "I Remember, I Remember" also played Anna Gilberg, the stuttering girl in "The Music Box".

"Albert, do you REALLY think you are old enough to know what love is?"
"I must be Pa. I love you, I have for a long time."
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136
Mood : Melissa - Whisper Country - Is that Melissa Sue's sister? Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Whisper Country - Is that Melissa Sue's sister?   Melissa - Whisper Country - Is that Melissa Sue's sister? EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 12:12 am

DietCokeofEvil wrote:
I always thought that Mary and Susan looked alike too.

Great episode.

Yes...I even believed Susan was Mary on a photo published in a book about Little House...They were almost look-a-likes, or at least VERY similar.

Vanesa.

Melissa - Whisper Country - Is that Melissa Sue's sister? Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Whisper Country - Is that Melissa Sue's sister?   Melissa - Whisper Country - Is that Melissa Sue's sister? Empty

Back to top Go down

Whisper Country - Is that Melissa Sue's sister?
Page 1 of 1