Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

How MUCH is the bill?

Go down 
+7
Teresa
Savannah
Kristina
Rob
Amy
Debbie
Carol
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665
Mood : How MUCH is the bill? Happy010

How MUCH is the bill? Empty
PostSubject: How MUCH is the bill?   How MUCH is the bill? EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 6:51 pm

I had no idea you could spend so much money at a restaurant.. I mean, I did, but actually seeing a bill for that amount... wow thud

How MUCH is the bill? What-rich-people-eat-30334-1257197574-4

How MUCH is the bill? Horses10
Back to top Go down
Debbie
Mom Of 2 Kitties
Mom Of 2 Kitties

Number of posts : 3822
Mood : How MUCH is the bill? Xmassm4

PostSubject: Re: How MUCH is the bill?   How MUCH is the bill? EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 6:54 pm

Wow.. OhMy $12 for water? Geesh
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

PostSubject: Re: How MUCH is the bill?   How MUCH is the bill? EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 7:05 pm

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : How MUCH is the bill? Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: How MUCH is the bill?   How MUCH is the bill? EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 7:16 pm

LOL, I don't get it....where was this posted? Or Carol, do you have a very extravagant new boyfriend you're hiding from us? batEyes

Ok, so you can get a water for $12.00, or TWO espressos for $15?! Hmm, something sounds very fishy here.How MUCH is the bill? Hein36

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

PostSubject: Re: How MUCH is the bill?   How MUCH is the bill? EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 7:36 pm

laugh3 Amy
I guess it does kind of sound like I went there... yeah right!
No, I saw it posted at another forum where they were talking about it...

Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62620
Mood : How MUCH is the bill? Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: How MUCH is the bill?   How MUCH is the bill? EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 7:48 pm

How MUCH is the bill? M1830I can't believe this! How MUCH is the bill? M1828

And this is lunch for six people! Lunch! (I noticed the time is 14:39.)

I just did a little cipherin'. The food and non-alcoholic beverages cost "only" $1641.00. The wine, tax and tip are the real killers. They total $45,580.09.

Excuse me while I... How MUCH is the bill? 184143
Back to top Go down
Kristina
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Kristina

Number of posts : 7865
Mood : How MUCH is the bill? Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: How MUCH is the bill?   How MUCH is the bill? EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 8:22 pm

over $47,000 for dinner! that is incredible! if my family went out to dinner and we, by some wild chance, spent that much money, my mom would make me and my sister stay behind and wash dishes to help pay for the bill! how did the people who racked up that huge bill ever pay for it?
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: How MUCH is the bill?   How MUCH is the bill? EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 8:43 pm

At first I thought it said $4,700... and I thought that was bad. How MUCH is the bill? M1829
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
How MUCH is the bill? Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428

PostSubject: Re: How MUCH is the bill?   How MUCH is the bill? EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 9:02 pm

How MUCH is the bill? 184143 Good heavens, you can buy a small house for that price around here! You show someone around here a bill like that for lunch, and they'd think you were insane.
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

Number of posts : 5286

PostSubject: Re: How MUCH is the bill?   How MUCH is the bill? EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 9:04 pm

Are the $15,000 and $10,000 purchases bottles of wine?

How MUCH is the bill? TeresaKeeper
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: How MUCH is the bill?   How MUCH is the bill? EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 9:53 pm

Yes, they're wines. How MUCH is the bill? T0306
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: How MUCH is the bill?   How MUCH is the bill? EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 10:01 pm

Rob wrote:
At first I thought it said $4,700... and I thought that was bad. How MUCH is the bill? M1829

Whoa....I DID think that's what it said, even in my first post! OhMy When I just came on and read the figure you wrote in an earlier post, I thought you had made a goof, Rob! But of course, no such luck. batEyes Wow, $47,000. Forty Seven thousand dollars!!! thud

And I'm thinking waitressing there would be quite the gig...over $7000 in a tip. And that's just ONE table! Whistle

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: How MUCH is the bill?   How MUCH is the bill? EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 10:29 pm

Well, maybe the waitress was really good about keeping the coffee cups filled. How MUCH is the bill? 129986

Johnny Carson once told a story about an interesting dining experience he had in the early '80s. He was at a restaurant that had multiple dining rooms, and as he was leaving he saw David Letterman and a few of his producers having dinner in a crowded room. Dave had just won his first Emmy, and they were celebrating.

Johnny went in and congratulated them, and on his way out he went to the maitre'd and said that he wanted to pick up the tab for the Letterman party. He figured it wouldn't be more than a few hundred bucks.

Well, it turned out that Dave had booked the entire dining room, and everyone in it were members of his party - staff from his show and their guests, probably about 50 people. When the maitre'd brought Johnny the bill, it was for $10,000! How MUCH is the bill? 279394 How MUCH is the bill? 135245

I thought that was the ultimate restaurant tab... until now. How MUCH is the bill? 2952
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: How MUCH is the bill?   How MUCH is the bill? EmptyWed Nov 04, 2009 12:18 pm

laugh3 Yikes...I wonder if Johnny STILL paid it?!

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

PostSubject: Re: How MUCH is the bill?   How MUCH is the bill? EmptyWed Nov 04, 2009 12:31 pm

Rob wrote:
When the maitre'd brought Johnny the bill, it was for $10,000! How MUCH is the bill? 279394 How MUCH is the bill? 135245

Yikes!!! Laughing

Back to top Go down
Lily
"Beautiful Life"
How MUCH is the bill? LilyRank2
Lily

Number of posts : 6784
Mood : How MUCH is the bill? Vianne10

PostSubject: Re: How MUCH is the bill?   How MUCH is the bill? EmptyWed Nov 04, 2009 12:48 pm

HA! Figures it's in NY....nonetheless Midtown! It's always expensive there. There's a deli on 2nd Avenue that used to charge $10 for a pastrami sandwich. And I'm talking about back in the late 80's and early 90's. I can only imagine how much it is now! I think location has a lot to do with the prices that they set for. But $12 for water is insane...and it's probably tap water...which means they get it for FREE!!! Sheeesh...I almost dropped dead when I saw the price!!! thud

"Within the heart of every stray, lies the singular desire to be loved."
Back to top Go down
carolineingalls
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
carolineingalls

Number of posts : 1209
Mood : How MUCH is the bill? Pbucket

PostSubject: Re: How MUCH is the bill?   How MUCH is the bill? EmptyWed Nov 04, 2009 12:53 pm

Guess I'll have to give that place a miss on my visit next year!

How MUCH is the bill? MaureenKeeper

"To change your life takes a lot of courage and energy. It's not for wimps." Karen Grassle. April 2006
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: How MUCH is the bill?   How MUCH is the bill? EmptyWed Nov 04, 2009 1:37 pm

Aw come on, Maureen, you know you've been craving some $100 Truffle Carpaccio. How MUCH is the bill? 773783

Fife is going to pay Nello's a visit the next time he's in NY. They spelled "mozzarella" wrong. How MUCH is the bill? T2413
Back to top Go down
Lily
"Beautiful Life"
Lily

PostSubject: Re: How MUCH is the bill?   How MUCH is the bill? EmptyWed Nov 04, 2009 5:01 pm

Rob wrote:
Fife is going to pay Nello's a visit the next time he's in NY. They spelled "mozzarella" wrong. How MUCH is the bill? T2413

Oooh after you fifed them, I'll meet you there and we can have a lunch date at Nello's..........we can order that $12 glass of water. grinsmiley

Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
How MUCH is the bill? Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428

PostSubject: Re: How MUCH is the bill?   How MUCH is the bill? EmptyWed Nov 04, 2009 5:07 pm

You're just going to let them get away with "spagheti", Fife??
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: How MUCH is the bill?   How MUCH is the bill? EmptyWed Nov 04, 2009 5:18 pm

Ohhhhhhh, Fife, you're losing your touch. How could you miss that one?

Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: How MUCH is the bill?   How MUCH is the bill? EmptyWed Nov 04, 2009 5:24 pm

How MUCH is the bill? 279394 I can't believe I missed that one.

Lily, it's a date. One water, two straws... (and something tells me it'll be a lot cheaper if we bring our own straws How MUCH is the bill? 68167 ).
Back to top Go down
Lily
"Beautiful Life"
Lily

PostSubject: Re: How MUCH is the bill?   How MUCH is the bill? EmptyWed Nov 04, 2009 5:46 pm

Rob wrote:
How MUCH is the bill? 279394 I can't believe I missed that one.

Lily, it's a date. One water, two straws... (and something tells me it'll be a lot cheaper if we bring our own straws How MUCH is the bill? 68167 ).

Yay I got a date with Rob! Bliss Better yet, we'll bring our own glass!! batEyes

Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: How MUCH is the bill?   How MUCH is the bill? EmptyWed Nov 04, 2009 5:47 pm

I bet that they'd let you have a bottle of their finest wine "on the house," if you promise not to leak their mistakes to the press. LOL!

Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: How MUCH is the bill?   How MUCH is the bill? EmptyWed Nov 04, 2009 7:12 pm

Lily wrote:
Yay I got a date with Rob! Bliss Better yet, we'll bring our own glass!! batEyes

I'm not used to going to a restaurant where I don't have to shout my order into a plastic clown's mouth. How MUCH is the bill? 988160
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How MUCH is the bill?   How MUCH is the bill? Empty

Back to top Go down

How MUCH is the bill?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next