Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The blythes are quoted by L.M Montgomery

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

The blythes are quoted by L.M Montgomery Empty
PostSubject: The blythes are quoted by L.M Montgomery   The blythes are quoted by L.M Montgomery EmptyThu Dec 03, 2009 7:13 pm

Its the never before published book by LMM. It arrived at the
publishers a few days before her death. "The Road to Yesterday"
contained some of the stories from it but it was edited big time and they cut probably half of the book out. It was published several weeks ago for the first time in its complete form. It has poet...ry by Anne and Walter and discussions of it by the Blythes as well as the short stories. It was intended to be the 9th Anne book. http://www.amazon.ca/Blythes-Are-Quoted-L-Montgomery/dp/0670063916/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1259861031&sr=8-1
Its an excellent book so can't understand why it wasn't published in its complete form, and much better than "The Road to Yesterday" because everything in it connects together.
Back to top Go down
highwayangel
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

Number of posts : 26
Mood : The blythes are quoted by L.M Montgomery Innoce10

PostSubject: Re: The blythes are quoted by L.M Montgomery   The blythes are quoted by L.M Montgomery EmptySat Dec 26, 2009 8:02 pm

Its an injustice to any author, when their writings are compromised. It also prevents any reader from learning what the author intended on within their thoughts.
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : The blythes are quoted by L.M Montgomery Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: The blythes are quoted by L.M Montgomery   The blythes are quoted by L.M Montgomery EmptySat Dec 26, 2009 9:55 pm

highwayangel wrote:
Its an injustice to any author, when their writings are compromised. It also prevents any reader from learning what the author intended on within their thoughts.

In this instance, it doesn't seem like that's what LeFebvre did. Though he has a new book coming out this spring with another author that I would definitely not be interested in purchasing, this is Montgomery's final book. He may have played more of an editorial role than authoring these stories based upon the description. And since this man is the director of the LMM Reasearch Group, I doubt he would do anything that would be harmful to her memory.

It seems strange to me that Montgomery would include such a book with her Anne series, since the descriptions indicates topics outside of the age range of the eight-book Anne set. Maybe that is why is wasn't included. It just doesn't seem appropriate for her readers at the time.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/

PostSubject: Re: The blythes are quoted by L.M Montgomery   The blythes are quoted by L.M Montgomery EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 10:18 am

Mybe they did't print the book out of repect of her death back then..I don't know.

This book i agree doesn't seem like a it's part of the anne books..It's not happy its really dark book..Iam slowly still reading it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The blythes are quoted by L.M Montgomery   The blythes are quoted by L.M Montgomery Empty

Back to top Go down

The blythes are quoted by L.M Montgomery
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Little House on the Prairie :: The Pen & Plow’s Entertainment Section :: Books, Poetry & Writing-
Jump to: