Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

today

Go down 
+9
Lily
Misti
Rhonda
pamh36
JW
Carol
Savannah
Debbie
ChristinaAL
13 posters
AuthorMessage
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

Number of posts : 2761

today Empty
PostSubject: today   today EmptyMon Mar 05, 2007 9:00 pm

Today was supposed to be my first day of training at my new job. Over the weekend, I caught a cold and didn't sleep well last night at all. Then when I tried to get up this morning, I found that even the slightest movement made me feel like throwing up. I took my temperature and had a 102 fever and was so dizzy and naucous that I didn't think I could make it out of bed, let alone into work. So I called my new boss and left him a message. I went to the doctor later and she gave me medicine and said I most likely have the flu, b/c of the cold symptoms plus stomach virus and aches. I felt like such a ditz though, for calling off on my first day! Now I'm a day behind in my training, and I really hope my new boss doesn't think that this is something I do often. I'm just worried about being behind, and making a terrible first impression. Blue Plus, I have midterms this week that I'm trying to study for but up til now, my head was spinning if I even tried to read anything. *Sigh*...enough complaining from me I guess, I just needed to vent a little. Blue

today ChristinaKeeper2 today 10bChristina

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
Debbie
Mom Of 2 Kitties
Mom Of 2 Kitties

Number of posts : 3822
Mood : today Xmassm4

today Empty
PostSubject: Re: today   today EmptyMon Mar 05, 2007 9:09 pm

I hope you feel better soon, hopefully your new boss will be understanding. Don't worry about first impressions, noone can help if they get sick.
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
today Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428
Mood : today Happy010

today Empty
PostSubject: Re: today   today EmptyMon Mar 05, 2007 9:12 pm

I'm sorry things are rough for you right now, Christina. I hope your boss is understanding. The flu is going around TERRIBLY right now. And it's a vicious one.

You'll feel better soon, and you're going to do great on your midterms. {{{BIG HUGS}}}
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665

today Empty
PostSubject: Re: today   today EmptyMon Mar 05, 2007 11:32 pm

Oh wow Christina, Blue
I hope you feel better soon. If you miss tomorrow too, maybe sending him a copy of the doctor's note might help, as they said, we can't help it when we get sick so your boss will understand.

today Horses10
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : today Happy011

today Empty
PostSubject: Re: today   today EmptyTue Mar 06, 2007 10:02 am

I HOPE YOU FEEL BETTER SOON

today Jacobk10today Jacob210
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Number of posts : 5900

today Empty
PostSubject: Re: today   today EmptyTue Mar 06, 2007 10:57 am

Oh no! I sure would feel like venting too!

I am hoping you are feeling better soon. The flu seems to running rampant right now. Once you are well, you will have your chance to show your new boss how reliable you are. I'm sure he/she understands.

I've got midterms this week too! I know you will do just fine. Hang in there and feel better soon!

today PamKeeper
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21171
Mood : today Purple2

today Empty
PostSubject: Re: today   today EmptyTue Mar 06, 2007 11:11 am

today 36_1_67 ....and feel better Christina!!!

today Rhonda10today Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down

today Empty
PostSubject: Re: today   today EmptyTue Mar 06, 2007 4:27 pm

AWWW,I'am so sorry you feel sick,Thats the pits.I do hope you feel better soon.
Back to top Go down
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird
Misti

Number of posts : 4112

today Empty
PostSubject: Re: today   today EmptyTue Mar 06, 2007 6:45 pm

I'm sorry to hear your sick, Christina! I hope that you are back on your feet soon. I'm sure the boss understands.

today Hummertoday MistiKeepertoday Bookclub5today Rose
"I would fight for you - I'd lie for you - walk the wire for you - ya I'd die for you..."
Back to top Go down
Lily
"Beautiful Life"
today LilyRank2
Lily

Number of posts : 6784
Mood : today Vianne10

today Empty
PostSubject: Re: today   today EmptyTue Mar 06, 2007 10:05 pm

Feel better soon Christina. I pray your new boss will understand, but your health comes first.

"Within the heart of every stray, lies the singular desire to be loved."
Back to top Go down
LM
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
LM

Number of posts : 812
Mood : today Party010

today Empty
PostSubject: Re: today   today EmptyWed Mar 07, 2007 4:33 am

Hi, Christina. Feel better, and good luck! Wave

today LMKeeper

dreamNwish Photo Art & Gifts - http://www.zazzle.com/dreamnwish_photo_art

"If you can't be good, be good at it."
Back to top Go down
http://hisbadgeherbadgefanfiction.bravehost.com/index.html
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

Number of posts : 4828
Mood : today Happy011

today Empty
PostSubject: Re: today   today EmptyWed Mar 07, 2007 6:07 pm

Aww that stinks, sorry to hear about that. I hope you get better soon. I am sure your boss will understand. If not then he or she is a real jerk!! Hope all gets better for ya.

Beckie

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

today Empty
PostSubject: Re: today   today EmptyWed Mar 07, 2007 6:12 pm

I hope you're feeling better now Christina.

today Horses10
Back to top Go down
Melissa
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler
Melissa

Number of posts : 561

today Empty
PostSubject: Re: today   today EmptyThu Mar 08, 2007 6:42 pm

Aww feel better soon!
Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

today Empty
PostSubject: Re: today   today EmptyFri Mar 09, 2007 5:53 pm

Hey, everyone, Wave Boy, what a week! My boss was understanding about missing the first day, and I was able to go in for my next scheduled day, Wednesday. The job seems a little challenging, but hopefully with more training, I'll get a handle on it.

My doctor gave me medicine on Monday that was one I'd never taken before. And since I'd started taking it, I felt nauseus every day, so I went 2 days without eating and hardly drinking either. Then when I woke up yesterday morning, I couldn't even move without feeling sick to my stomach. I'm really glad I was home when I felt this way, b/c I ended up fainting several times during the morning, until my mother called an ambulance. On the ride to the hospital with them, I passed out again. At the hospital, I finally found out that nausea was a side effect of the medicine. They said I was dehydrated too, from not drinking much over the last 2 days, and hooked me up to an IV for a few hours, eventually sending me home. I'm feeling a little better today - I've stopped taking that medicine and have been drinking a lot of water, but I had to miss another day of work. Luckily, my boss emailed me back not to worry, but I am worried. Now, I'm 2 days behind in training and I just feel like the pressure's going to be on me to catch up and do well once I get back. Plus, I missed 2 of my 3 midterms yesterday.

This has been one of the craziest weeks I have ever had. *Sigh*. Thanks for your get well messages, I just wanted to let everybody know why I haven't been on the prairie lately.

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21171
Mood : today Purple2

today Empty
PostSubject: Re: today   today EmptyFri Mar 09, 2007 5:58 pm

Glad things worked out for you with you boss Christina!!! Thumbsup

today Rhonda10today Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!

Last edited by on Sat Mar 10, 2007 4:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

today Empty
PostSubject: Re: today   today EmptyFri Mar 09, 2007 6:39 pm

Wow Christina, what a week you have had! When you are sick, you don't get hungry, but remember three things... Fluids... Fluids... Fluids... grinsmiley

I'm glad that you are feeling better now.... yes it will be be hard but you will get through it.

Thanks for checking in! Wave

today Horses10
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
Proverbs 3:5-6
Proverbs 3:5-6
LIWnut

Number of posts : 2539
Mood : today Cloud910

today Empty
PostSubject: Re: today   today EmptyFri Mar 09, 2007 7:18 pm

Drink up Christina! Hope your recovery continues so you can get back to your old self. We are thinking of you.

today MarilynKeeper today Bookclub2
Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

today Empty
PostSubject: Re: today   today EmptySat Mar 10, 2007 3:05 pm

Thanks :) It's nice to be thought of, especially as I'm so nervous about returning to work next week, after missing 2 days this week. I keep telling myself to take things one day at a time, but I don't know what's wrong with me, b/c I just can't seem to do that. I like to have plans, I like to know what to expect, and so far, this job isn't turning out that way at all b/c of my health. I'm just going to try not to think of it til Monday, while I drink lots of water.

Physically, I am feeling better. I got some medicine for nausea that seems to be working so that I can sit up and walk around without feeling sick. Just waiting for the original cold medicine to work it's way out of my system. I can't believe something used to treat a cold could have such adverse affects too.

I'm probably also getting a new doctor, b/c I called mine yesterday to inform her of being in the hospital, reaction to the medicine, etc., at 11 AM. By 3 PM, I hadn't heard back from anyone in her office, so I called back, only to be told "the file's on the doctor's desk - she'll get to it when she has time". A nurse finally called me at 4:50 PM, saying that the doctor can see me Monday morning. I said I can't come in Monday, I don't want another checkout - I just wanted the doctor to know what had happened and get her advice on it .THey told me, "She left for the day".

Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
today Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428

today Empty
PostSubject: Re: today   today EmptySat Mar 10, 2007 7:39 pm

{{{Christina}}}

Thank you for the update, Christina.

Try to go in to work with a positive attitude. You wouldn't have gotten the job if they didn't feel that you could handle it....you know? So, try not to look at it from the "I'm already two days behind!!" approach. (I know. . . that's SO much easier said than done) It's better that you didn't try to go in, sick and weary, and not remember anything from the first two days. This way, you can start fresh, and you'll catch up in no time. Things will get better. And, I'm so glad that your boss is being understanding.

Your doctor.............banghead I'd be looking for a new doctor, too. She should have been very concerned that you had such an adverse reaction to a med that she had prescribed to you.

I'm glad that you're back on the board. I've been wondering about you when you weren't back to posting for several days. Take care of yourself, sweetie - get lots of rest.
Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

today Empty
PostSubject: Re: today   today EmptyThu Mar 15, 2007 9:36 pm

Thanks again Savannah :) My job has been up and down - it seems like everyday, I leave feeling like I'm better at one aspect, then realize I still have so much to learn! LOL. I felt better yesterday though, when my manager said "I know it's a lot to learn and you're going to have questions, I understand". I just can't help wishing I could be a Super Woman, and catch on really fast to impress him! LOL. Friday is "casual day" and I'm allowed to wear jeans and sneakers! Thumbsup I'm excited, b/c I didn't have that at my last job.

I also found out that the company operates on a "point system" - it goes monthly, for everytime you're late, you get one point, and for every absence, you get 2. After a 4 point accumulation, you 1) lose your monthly bonus, 2) get demoted in deployment and 3) are suspended for a day without pay. Well, since I missed 2 days for being sick, I have 4 points, but 1) I'm not eligible for a monthly bonus (yet), 2) I can't be demoted any lower than "intern" LOL and 3) I'll welcome the day off. I'm just kidding. My boss told me that since I have a doctor's note that they are excused absences, so I don't have to worry.

I tried finding a new doctor as well. I had an appointment scheduled for tomorrow afternoon, and today they called me to reschedule til Tuesday - when I can't go b/c I have class at the time they want to reschedule me at . banghead I may see how I'm feeling next week and if I still feel like the cold is hanging on, I may just go to a walk-in clinic that we have nearby. I don't want this additional stress of doctor-hunting! LOL.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

today Empty
PostSubject: Re: today   today Empty

Back to top Go down

today
Page 1 of 1