Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Random Ramblings About LHotP Episodes...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Random Ramblings About LHotP Episodes... Empty
PostSubject: Random Ramblings About LHotP Episodes...   Random Ramblings About LHotP Episodes... EmptyThu Mar 08, 2007 7:40 pm

Howdy everyone! :Howdy:

I have to have a thread to randomly ramble in and I didn't see this one and I really am trying to change my ways and not take other folks's topics hostage... ain't I a giver!? :cowgirl:

So, do you have something random to ramble about, LHotP related? If so, feel free to take up some space in this here topic. It's free... except for the nominal fee that I do charge for entrance fee... I KID! :box:

What cool emoticons... sorry, ADD flash...

Back in the day I was a humongous Who's The Boss? fanatic... back during the ages of 12 and 13. I am just now getting back into it after my sister bought me the bootleg DVDs off the internet for Christmas (what, they only have officially released season 1!) I have to laugh at the many mentions of LHotP/Michael Landon/Bonanza and the LHotP-related guest stars that pop up.

For instance, I'm sure all the Divas know, but Dean Butler plays Mona's much younger boyfriend in an episode in the 1st season called, "Mona Gets Pinned". I think I almost fell out of bed when I saw him walk into the room, I was like... what's Almanzo doing on Who's the Boss? But I guess he's consistent in that he dated red heads on both shows!

In another episode, Gideon from season 8 aka Ralphie from "A Christmas Story" aka Peter Billingsley guest-starred as a nerdy kid that took Samantha to her 1st dance.

Tony mentions Little Joe and Bonanza on several occasions.

And in one particular episode of WTB? Angela and Tony are both watching LHotP (we can hear the theme music) and Angela makes a comment about wondering if Michael Landon's hair is real.

There are several other mentions, but I just thought it was so funny how many times they brought the show up. Kind of a fun way to bring 2 of my favorite shows together, I guess.

So, how about you all... Does anyone else recall LHotP, etc. being mentioned?
Back to top Go down
AllieCat
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

Number of posts : 24

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings About LHotP Episodes...   Random Ramblings About LHotP Episodes... EmptyFri Mar 09, 2007 10:22 pm

That's so funny that you mention Who's the Boss? I was a big fun of the show in my teen years as well, but I haven't seen them in the longest time and don't remember the references to LHotP.

In an episode of "Roseanne" (of all things!), Roseanne is speaking to Darlene's Home Ec class and when she asks the teacher what the students have been learning, the teacher replies that she has been teaching her students to cook and "make their own clothes"! To which Roseanne says, "Well, how Little House on the Prairie!"
Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

Number of posts : 2761

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings About LHotP Episodes...   Random Ramblings About LHotP Episodes... EmptySat Mar 10, 2007 3:18 pm

LOL Whitney - I've missed your ramblings. THey were always entertaining :)

Random Ramblings About LHotP Episodes... ChristinaKeeper2 Random Ramblings About LHotP Episodes... 10bChristina

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Lori

Number of posts : 6032

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings About LHotP Episodes...   Random Ramblings About LHotP Episodes... EmptyThu Mar 15, 2007 8:22 pm

Little House was mentioned on Lost a few weeks ago. Something about a slate came up and Sawyer said, "Yeah, you know like Laura Ingalls used in school." Kate says, "You watched Little House on the Prairie?" Sawyer replied, "We only got one channel."

Random Ramblings About LHotP Episodes... Lorike10
Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

Number of posts : 2761

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings About LHotP Episodes...   Random Ramblings About LHotP Episodes... EmptyThu Mar 15, 2007 9:15 pm

LOL...that's cool it was mentioned :) It seems like a "guilty pleasure" to some, but I'm proud to say I watch it! LOL.

Random Ramblings About LHotP Episodes... ChristinaKeeper2 Random Ramblings About LHotP Episodes... 10bChristina

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
LHDaisy
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
LHDaisy

Number of posts : 277

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings About LHotP Episodes...   Random Ramblings About LHotP Episodes... EmptySat Mar 17, 2007 5:27 pm

Lori wrote:
Little House was mentioned on Lost a few weeks ago. Something about a slate came up and Sawyer said, "Yeah, you know like Laura Ingalls used in school." Kate says, "You watched Little House on the Prairie?" Sawyer replied, "We only got one channel."

That's super cool! Thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings About LHotP Episodes...   Random Ramblings About LHotP Episodes... Empty

Back to top Go down

Random Ramblings About LHotP Episodes...
Page 1 of 1