Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Ingalls Characteristics

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
alexczarn
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 22999
Mood : ingalls - Ingalls Characteristics Happy010

ingalls - Ingalls Characteristics Empty
PostSubject: Ingalls Characteristics   ingalls - Ingalls Characteristics EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 3:50 am

OK I made a list of the Ingalls on the show and their characterisitcs I Identified.(This is only for Season 1 and Season 2, feel free to add if you wish) grinsmiley

Pa: a cheesy smile, firm but fair, always reads The Home Mechanic in bed
Ma:
Mary: Everyone loves her, (except N @ W LOL) ladylike, and has a great "shocked" look
Laura: scared of loud noises, hurtles out the door, then "The door!" has a great smile, loves fishing, worries/cares about lots of people, never gets along with Nellie and Willie
Carrie: good at looking really cute LOL
Back to top Go down
jes9
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
jes9

Number of posts : 1066

PostSubject: Re: Ingalls Characteristics   ingalls - Ingalls Characteristics EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 5:43 pm

Ma: Very religious, loving wife and mother, calm and cool most of the time but not afraid to be firm if necessary.
Carrie: Likes to milk the cow, likes sugar on her blueberries, likes to go to the outhouse (when she's able to make it there in time, that is).

ingalls - Ingalls Characteristics JohnKeeper
Back to top Go down
alexczarn
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

PostSubject: Re: Ingalls Characteristics   ingalls - Ingalls Characteristics EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 5:51 pm

Thanks!

ingalls - Ingalls Characteristics Alexke11
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136
Mood : ingalls - Ingalls Characteristics Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Ingalls Characteristics   ingalls - Ingalls Characteristics EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 12:12 am

Ma: very caring with everybody; good neighbor, very religious, very proper and excellent cooking delicious prairie dishes. She thinks a lot before acting and gives excellent advices to her daughters. She is a very stylish woman and if she is sweet, she also knows how to say "·no" to her chidren....and even to Charles! She is a cultured woman and when someone tries to attack her, she returns with a smile. She is a hard worker and if there's no money around, she knows how to do to make things to last. Smile Knit

Mary: A really good student, bright, a little shy but firm when she needs to be so, stylish. She is afraid of telling others when she is ill or have some health troubles just to not worry her beloved ones. Mary is very ladylike, but not a stupid girl. Like her mother, she is very religious too. Boys are all in love with her, even if she doesn't notice the fact and almost everyone thinks she is a sweet girl.She could be quire stubborn, like Pa and Laura but in her personal way. She almost never gets angry, but when she does she could be a real spitfire! greenS

Laura: a tomboy; she doesn't like study from books when a girl, but loved to learn things from experience or listen other persons life tales. Very impulsive. When something upsets herm she could do the first thing that pass through her mind. She loves freedom and playing outdors. Fishing is her favorite occupation. She likes much more to play with boys than with girls .When older, she will learn to like study and history, subject she almost hated as a girl , for it was about "dead persons". She likes and dislikes things strongly. She is stubborn, likes pranks and is plenty of spunk. dancegirl

Pa: a carefree man. He ressembles so much to Laura. He loves to wonder in his covered wagon all around the country, and hunt and fishing, and if he stays in a place to work in his crops is for he promised to his wife to settle down and have some society life and school for their girls. He is a hard worker, but he has tendence to dream a lot, and it's Caroline who brings him t reality time to time. It's the better father and husband of the world and just want to have his family all around himself. He loves to read and also is a great storyteller. He is merry and plays his fiddle like a prairie's Paganini. When he becomes angry, he could became really wild. He only does when someone attacks his wife or daughters. And of course, he is quite stubborn. cowboyR Welcome

Carrie: The prairie cutie pìe. She is graceful and is always saying hilarious little sentences. Carrie is not a real character in the TV show, since she almost have no lines who helps to developpe her personnality. She was always a "big baby" even when she was 7 years old or more. Later, she became almost a mute character. Cassandra replaced her as the new girl of the Ingallses... Huh? ShyGirl

Vanesa.

ingalls - Ingalls Characteristics Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
alexczarn
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

PostSubject: Re: Ingalls Characteristics   ingalls - Ingalls Characteristics EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 1:02 am

Great job Vanessa!
Never seen Mary as religious...
I guess I would have got along with Laura the best...
Yep Carrie never says much...Just "little funnies"!

Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136
Mood : ingalls - Ingalls Characteristics Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Ingalls Characteristics   ingalls - Ingalls Characteristics EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 11:37 pm

Yes. Mary was religious. In the books you may notice the fact much more that in the TV show, but time to time, Michael Landon shows this characteristic of her, for example when she read the Psalms in Braille shortly after becoming blind. Mary was "her mother's daughter" in the books and in the show. Ma was very religious and Mary was too.

Laura is my favorite character in the books and in the show, but even if I wish I was like Laura, I'm more like Mary... greenS

Vanesa.

ingalls - Ingalls Characteristics Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
alexczarn
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

PostSubject: Re: Ingalls Characteristics   ingalls - Ingalls Characteristics EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 12:29 am

Laura is my fav character too!

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : ingalls - Ingalls Characteristics Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Ingalls Characteristics   ingalls - Ingalls Characteristics EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 9:43 am

alexczarn wrote:

Thumbsup Especially at the end of "Christmas on Plum Creek", looking at the star on the tree. What a doll!
Back to top Go down
alexczarn
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

PostSubject: Re: Ingalls Characteristics   ingalls - Ingalls Characteristics EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 5:08 pm

Amy wrote:
alexczarn wrote:

Thumbsup Especially at the end of "Christmas on Plum Creek", looking at the star on the tree. What a doll!
She reminds me of my younger cousin when she was her age...
Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

Number of posts : 2761

PostSubject: Re: Ingalls Characteristics   ingalls - Ingalls Characteristics EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 9:30 pm

Amy wrote:
alexczarn wrote:

Absolutely! I love her in that episode.

ingalls - Ingalls Characteristics ChristinaKeeper2 ingalls - Ingalls Characteristics 10bChristina

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ingalls Characteristics   ingalls - Ingalls Characteristics Empty

Back to top Go down

Ingalls Characteristics
Page 1 of 1