Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Double Identities!

Go down 
+11
ChristinaAL
Savannah
AllieCat
carolineingalls
Rhonda
jes9
Carol
LIWnut
JW
bethandmanly
Lily
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Double Identities! Empty
PostSubject: Double Identities!   Double Identities! EmptyMon Mar 19, 2007 2:37 pm

Wow it's been awhile since I posted on here! I was out of town all of last week, and have been busy working since I got back into town. Anyone know the feeling?!
So last week I was at home, and us kids (3 of my siblings and I) were watching Little House on the Prairie- we even had the 15 year brother watching with us, and he was laughing along!!! Anyways one of the episodes we watched was the one with the Little Women play/Nellie's wig/Jeannine- what is it called again?! And the guy who plays her ma's "love interest", didn't he play young Almanzo's father in a Christmas To Remember?!

Who else has "double identities" on the show?!
Back to top Go down
Lily
"Beautiful Life"
Double Identities! LilyRank2
Lily

Number of posts : 6784
Mood : Double Identities! Vianne10

Double Identities! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Double Identities!   Double Identities! EmptyMon Mar 19, 2007 8:33 pm

You're right Elaine, it was the same actor. I didn't even realize that til you mentioned it.

"Within the heart of every stray, lies the singular desire to be loved."
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : Double Identities! Bokmal10

Double Identities! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Double Identities!   Double Identities! EmptyMon Mar 19, 2007 8:52 pm

OMG, really, I never noticed. The woman who played Ellen's mother also played the part of Grace Edwards in the Season 8 episode "A Promise to Keep" where Grace throws Isaiah out and he returns to Walnut Grove.

Hester Sue played Joe Kagan's wife in the episode where Joe comes to town to fight.

Alice Garvey played one of Caroline's sisters in the Pilot.

I think the woman who played the mother in the episode where Charles goes to buy horses from a man who lost his oldest son Michael, also appeared in the Season 9 episode Olsenville as the daughter of Mr. Moffet.

There are lots of them, but these are the ones I thought of.

Cheryl

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/

Double Identities! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Double Identities!   Double Identities! EmptyTue Mar 20, 2007 12:57 am

I thought that Hester Sue was Joe's wife at one point! I didn't realize she wasn't even playing Hester Sue hehe!!
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : Double Identities! Happy011

Double Identities! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Double Identities!   Double Identities! EmptyTue Mar 20, 2007 9:52 am

Cool Mrs Foster is In the Pilot Movie i think she is Carolines Sister or something here is a Pictuer
Double Identities! Group

Double Identities! Jacobk10Double Identities! Jacob210
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
Proverbs 3:5-6
LIWnut

Number of posts : 2539
Mood : Double Identities! Cloud910

Double Identities! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Double Identities!   Double Identities! EmptyTue Mar 20, 2007 5:01 pm

Rhonda, where do you get your information??? I love reading anything I can about my favourite show. Thank you!

Double Identities! MarilynKeeper Double Identities! Bookclub2
Back to top Go down

Double Identities! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Double Identities!   Double Identities! EmptyTue Mar 20, 2007 5:12 pm

oh! another double identity!
The old funny man who was in The In-laws (Charles and Almanzo's race to Sleepy Eye, he's the man Charles picks up, etc). You guys know who I'm talking about? I always enjoy seeing him :)
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665
Mood : Double Identities! Happy010

Double Identities! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Double Identities!   Double Identities! EmptyTue Mar 20, 2007 5:27 pm

Elaine11 wrote:
oh! another double identity!
The old funny man who was in The In-laws (Charles and Almanzo's race to Sleepy Eye, he's the man Charles picks up, etc). You guys know who I'm talking about? I always enjoy seeing him :)

Yes, he had many identities!! Laughing
He was a funny man.

Double Identities! Horses10
Back to top Go down
jes9
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
jes9

Number of posts : 1066

Double Identities! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Double Identities!   Double Identities! EmptyTue Mar 20, 2007 5:37 pm

Here's another double identity -- Matthew Labyorteaux, before he played Albert, played young Charles Ingalls in two episodes ("Journey in the Spring" and "I Remember, I Remember").

Double Identities! JohnKeeper
Back to top Go down

Double Identities! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Double Identities!   Double Identities! EmptyTue Mar 20, 2007 6:46 pm

Just watched Annabelle (the one where Nels sister is the fat lady at the Circus). The midget in the circus- was he in another episode? His wife had had a baby and she died?
Or am I dreaming?!
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Double Identities! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Double Identities!   Double Identities! EmptyTue Mar 20, 2007 6:51 pm

Nope, you're not dreaming. Billy Barty played Lou Bates in the Season 9 episode "Little Lou." This is the one where Harriet's interference cost him a job at the bank and he was forced to steal from the mercantile to feed his mother and infant daughter. Later on, Nancy falls down the hole they were digging for the school's new well and Lou rescues her, winning Harriet over and getting his job at the bank.

Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Double Identities! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Double Identities!   Double Identities! EmptyTue Mar 20, 2007 6:53 pm

The old man who played Uncle Jed--Cassandra and James's rich uncle also played in a few episodes. The earliest one is an episode where Charles's crop is destroyed and he decides to sell the farm and move back to Wisconsin.

Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Double Identities! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Double Identities!   Double Identities! EmptyTue Mar 20, 2007 6:59 pm

Elaine11 wrote:
Anyways one of the episodes we watched was the one with the Little Women play/Nellie's wig/Jeannine- what is it called again?! And the guy who plays her ma's "love interest", didn't he play young Almanzo's father in a Christmas To Remember?!

I was just looking through some of my episode guides and the man who played Mr. Mayfield in "Little Women" was Warren Vanders, not Tom Lester, the man who played Mr. Wilder in "A Christmas They Never Forgot." Funny, they looked a lot alike.

Cheryl

Back to top Go down

Double Identities! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Double Identities!   Double Identities! EmptyTue Mar 20, 2007 7:32 pm

No kidding! I could have sworn it was the same guy! I was watching it with my brother & sisters and they were certain it was the same guy too.
Hmmm neat!
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Double Identities! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Double Identities!   Double Identities! EmptyTue Mar 20, 2007 9:38 pm

bethandmanly wrote:
The old man who played Uncle Jed--Cassandra and James's rich uncle also played in a few episodes. The earliest one is an episode where Charles's crop is destroyed and he decides to sell the farm and move back to Wisconsin.

E.J. Andre actually played in 6 LHOP episodes:

His Father's Son - about John Jr. and Isaiah's relationship
Going Home - the one about Charles deciding to sell the farm
Gold Country - when the Ingalls and Edwards families try to strike it rich
The Godsister - he played St. Peter in this one
The Lost Ones and Uncle Jed - in both of these episodes he played the Cooper children's rich uncle

I never knew he was in that many episodes and I certainly didn't remember him as St. Peter.

Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Double Identities! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Double Identities!   Double Identities! EmptyTue Mar 20, 2007 9:41 pm

bethandmanly wrote:
Alice Garvey played one of Caroline's sisters in the Pilot.

Gee did I mess this one up, Hersha Parady played Eliza Ingalls in the episode Journey in the Spring where Charles's mother dies, not the Pilot. Good grief, too much LHOP for one week. :haha:

I did not remember Mrs. Foster in the Pilot at all.

Back to top Go down
LIWnut
LIWnut

Number of posts : 2539
Mood : Double Identities! Cloud910

Double Identities! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Double Identities!   Double Identities! EmptyWed Mar 21, 2007 12:54 pm

[quote="bethandmanly"]
bethandmanly wrote:

I never knew he was in that many episodes and I certainly didn't remember him as St. Peter.

I remember him in this one. He called Carrie's twin Alisa (Lisa), instead of Alyssa.
I always liked that actor. He protrayed characters with gentle souls.

Double Identities! MarilynKeeper Double Identities! Bookclub2
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21172
Mood : Double Identities! Purple2

Double Identities! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Double Identities!   Double Identities! EmptyWed Mar 21, 2007 1:30 pm

LIWnut wrote:
Rhonda, where do you get your information??? I love reading anything I can about my favourite show. Thank you!

I get my info from one of my favortie sites.....grinsmiley
Click Here

Double Identities! Rhonda10Double Identities! Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!

Last edited by on Fri Mar 23, 2007 11:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

Double Identities! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Double Identities!   Double Identities! EmptyThu Mar 22, 2007 12:57 am

Ok! I *think* I found another one!
Today we were watching the episode, in Season 6, when Walnut Grove gets its telephone and Harriet listens in on the conversation between Alice Garvey & her mother. She finds out Alice was previously married, so Jonathon heads off to Mankato and finds this "Harold" in a bar he owns. Is he, or is he not, the same man who plays Sylvia's father? (when she gets raped and Albert falls in love with her, etc).
I love noticing all these neat things!
Back to top Go down
carolineingalls
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
carolineingalls

Number of posts : 1209
Mood : Double Identities! Pbucket

Double Identities! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Double Identities!   Double Identities! EmptyThu Mar 22, 2007 5:16 pm

The guy who played Ebeneezer Sprague also played one of the farmers in Money Crop from Season 1.

Double Identities! MaureenKeeper

"To change your life takes a lot of courage and energy. It's not for wimps." Karen Grassle. April 2006
Back to top Go down

Double Identities! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Double Identities!   Double Identities! EmptyThu Mar 22, 2007 5:44 pm

My turn! My turn! The guy who plays Sarah Carter's father was also the foreman in the episode where Charles and Mr. Edwards go to work for the railroad when Mary needs surgery.

I have another one: Today in the Centennial, the tax guy is the same guy who was supposed to marry Harriet, but decided to become a minister instead in The Preacher Takes a Wife. And of course the mother and son in the Centennial were also in Harriets Happenings.
Back to top Go down

Double Identities! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Double Identities!   Double Identities! EmptyFri Mar 23, 2007 3:50 pm

I never really noticed that either!!!
Back to top Go down
AllieCat
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

Number of posts : 24

Double Identities! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Double Identities!   Double Identities! EmptySat Mar 24, 2007 11:14 am

Here's another one: the boy in "Blind Man's Bluff", Jordan, who pretends to be blind, also was in Season 9's "Rage" as a love interest to one of the schoolgirls who father shoots her and his wife. I think the actor's first name is Ronnie and his last name begins with the letter "S"
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Double Identities! Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428
Mood : Double Identities! Happy010

Double Identities! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Double Identities!   Double Identities! EmptySat Mar 24, 2007 12:49 pm

bethandmanly wrote:
Elaine11 wrote:
Anyways one of the episodes we watched was the one with the Little Women play/Nellie's wig/Jeannine- what is it called again?! And the guy who plays her ma's "love interest", didn't he play young Almanzo's father in a Christmas To Remember?!

I was just looking through some of my episode guides and the man who played Mr. Mayfield in "Little Women" was Warren Vanders, not Tom Lester, the man who played Mr. Wilder in "A Christmas They Never Forgot." Funny, they looked a lot alike.

Cheryl

OH MY WORD! I haven't seen "A Christmas They Never Forgot" in so long. . . . I didn't realize that Tom Lester ("Eb" from Green Acres) was in that episode! Now I really need to pull it out.
Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

Number of posts : 2761

Double Identities! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Double Identities!   Double Identities! EmptySat Mar 24, 2007 12:54 pm

Elaine11 wrote:
Ok! I *think* I found another one!
Today we were watching the episode, in Season 6, when Walnut Grove gets its telephone and Harriet listens in on the conversation between Alice Garvey & her mother. She finds out Alice was previously married, so Jonathon heads off to Mankato and finds this "Harold" in a bar he owns. Is he, or is he not, the same man who plays Sylvia's father? (when she gets raped and Albert falls in love with her, etc).
I love noticing all these neat things!

I've noticed that one too. Gosh, I think you guys covered all the ones I knew off offhand, plus added a lot more! Thumbsup

Double Identities! ChristinaKeeper2 Double Identities! 10bChristina

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Double Identities! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Double Identities!   Double Identities! Empty

Back to top Go down

Double Identities!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next