Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Johnathon Crombie (AOGG) news

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird
Misti

Number of posts : 4112
Mood : Johnathon Crombie (AOGG) news Happy010

Johnathon Crombie (AOGG) news Empty
PostSubject: Johnathon Crombie (AOGG) news   Johnathon Crombie (AOGG) news EmptyWed Mar 21, 2007 1:59 pm

Johnathon Crombie (AOGG) news Jonathan

Crombie Fills 'Drowsy' Cushion Kenneth Jones Playbill On-Line

Crombie fills the choice seat as the Tony Award-winning musical's narrator/guide through April 15, in anticipation of John Glover taking over the role April 17.

Between March 13-18, understudies Jay Douglas and Patrick Wetzel alternated as the salty charmer at the Marquis Theatre.

Original Man in Chair Bob Martin, who was Tony-nommed for his performance and who won the Best Book of a Musical Tony (with Don McKellar), left the show March 11 and will originate the role in the London production in May.

This marks the Broadway debut of Crombie. His Canadian credits include Oxford Roof Climber's Rebellion, Dishwashers (Tarragon); This Could Be Love (Artword); Ouch My Toe (Fringe); Toronto's The Drowsy Chaperone (as Gangster #2 at the Toronto Fringe, Theatre Passe Muraille, Winter Garden, prior to the American producers coming aboard); Romeo & Juliet, Oedipus Rex, Hamlet, Comedy of Errors (Stratford Festival); Arcadia, Last Romantics, What the Butler Saw (CanStage); Godspell (New Vic); Wimsey Madders (Flatzbo), and TV's "Slings & Arrows" and the popular "Anne of Green Gables."

His cast mates at the Marquis include Peter Bartlett, Danny Burstein, Georgia Engel, Sutton Foster, Troy Britton Johnson, Eddie Korbich, Garth Kravits, Jason Kravits, Beth Leavel (who won a Tony Award for her turn in the title role), Kecia Lewis-Evans, Jennifer Smith, Lenny Wolpe, Andrea Chamberlain, Jay Douglas, Stacia Fernandez, Linda Gabler, Kilty Reidy, Joey Sorge, Patrick Wetzel and Joanna Young.

Just because he left a dent in a cushion doesn't mean Bob Martin won't fill it again. Martin previously told Playbill.com that it's his hope and expectation that if the details can be worked out, he'll play Man in Chair in Toronto, where the national tour of The Drowsy Chaperone is expected to play. The musical was first developed in Toronto. The tour launches this fall, but a launch city has yet to be announced.

(One of the worst-kept secrets in Canadian theatre lately is the expectation that the national tour of Drowsy will launch this fall in Toronto.)

Since Martin has deep ties with the show (he did co-write it, after all), it's expected that he could very well make future appearances in the Broadway run as well.

Although nothing official has been announced, Sutton Foster, who also stars in Drowsy, is expected to exit the Marquis this spring when her contract expires. She was Tony-nominated for playing a starlet in the show.

Directed and choreographed by Tony Award nominee Casey Nicholaw (Spamalot), with music and lyrics by Tony Award winners Lisa Lambert and Greg Morrison and a book by Tony Award winners Bob Martin and Don McKellar, The Drowsy Chaperone began Broadway previews April 3, 2006, and opened on Broadway on May 1, 2006.

The Drowsy Chaperone also won 2006 Tony Awards for Best Costume Design of a Musical (Gregg Barnes), Best Scenic Design of a Musical (David Gallo) and Best Featured Actress in a Musical (Beth Leavel).

"To chase his blues away, a modern day musical theatre addict known simply as 'Man in Chair' drops the needle on his favorite cast album - the 1928 musical comedy The Drowsy Chaperone," according to the producers. "From the crackle of his hi-fi, the uproariously funny musical magically bursts to life on stage. We are instantly immersed in the hilarious tale of a glamorous bride and her uproarious wedding day, complete with thrills and surprises that take both the cast (literally) and the audience (metaphorically) soaring into the heavens. Man in Chair's infectious love of The Drowsy Chaperone speaks to anyone who has ever been transported by the theatre."

The show is produced by Kevin McCollum, Roy Miller, Boyett Ostar, Stephanie McClelland, Barbara Freitag and Jill Furman.

Visit www.drowsychaperone.com.

Johnathon Crombie (AOGG) news HummerJohnathon Crombie (AOGG) news MistiKeeperJohnathon Crombie (AOGG) news Bookclub5Johnathon Crombie (AOGG) news Rose
"I would fight for you - I'd lie for you - walk the wire for you - ya I'd die for you..."
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665
Mood : Johnathon Crombie (AOGG) news Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Johnathon Crombie (AOGG) news   Johnathon Crombie (AOGG) news EmptyWed Mar 21, 2007 2:15 pm

Neat! :sillySmiley:

Johnathon Crombie (AOGG) news Horses10
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Johnathon Crombie (AOGG) news   Johnathon Crombie (AOGG) news EmptyWed Mar 21, 2007 2:30 pm

COOL
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : Johnathon Crombie (AOGG) news Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Johnathon Crombie (AOGG) news   Johnathon Crombie (AOGG) news EmptyThu Mar 22, 2007 7:14 am

That's great news. I think Jonathan has gotten even more handsome as he's gotten older. He was always good looking, but now he's just stunning.

I watched Anne 3 last night just so I could see the scene in Krissy's avatar. LOL!

Cheryl

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/

PostSubject: Re: Johnathon Crombie (AOGG) news   Johnathon Crombie (AOGG) news EmptyThu Mar 22, 2007 7:20 am

bethandmanly wrote:
That's great news. I think Jonathan has gotten even more handsome as he's gotten older. He was always good looking, but now he's just stunning.

I watched Anne 3 last night just so I could see the scene in Krissy's avatar. LOL!

Cheryl

LOL oh you did lol..I need to watch it again too lol
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: Johnathon Crombie (AOGG) news   Johnathon Crombie (AOGG) news EmptyThu Mar 22, 2007 7:43 am

It's the best part out of the whole movie. I love Anne and Gilbert's faces when they first see each other. I have to admit Anne annoyed me a bit when she kissed Jack, not once, but twice.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Johnathon Crombie (AOGG) news   Johnathon Crombie (AOGG) news EmptyThu Mar 22, 2007 9:47 am

bethandmanly wrote:
It's the best part out of the whole movie. I love Anne and Gilbert's faces when they first see each other. I have to admit Anne annoyed me a bit when she kissed Jack, not once, but twice.

She kissed jack???? When??I did'T see that!!!
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: Johnathon Crombie (AOGG) news   Johnathon Crombie (AOGG) news EmptyThu Mar 22, 2007 10:03 am

I was watching the DVD today and their first kiss isn't on it, but I remember it from watching the movie on PBS when the show first aired on TV. After Anne brings Dominic into France, Jack agrees to help her look for Gilbert. When they are in the hospital where she finds Gilbert's name on the log in sheet, Anne gets upset because the woman doesn't know why Gilbert was taken away and what happened to him.

Jack brings a distraught Anne onto a bed and he talks about taking Anne and Dominic back to the US and being a family. Techinically, Jack kissed her at the end of this scene, but she didn not protest at all.

Then again, on the train after they found Gilbert, Anne and Jack had a conversation right before he was killed. She tells Jack that she will always think of Dominic as their son (UGH) and she kisses his cheek. Good grief, she was just reunited with Gil and she tells Jack that and kisses his cheek. Shame on you Anne! LOL!

Cheryl

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Johnathon Crombie (AOGG) news   Johnathon Crombie (AOGG) news EmptyThu Mar 22, 2007 10:21 am

lol...Oh ok.....yeah i seen when she kissed jack on the check..Just not on the lips...They must of edited that part out over here!!!I was shocked when i heard that lol....cuz it's not on my vhs or dvd.

Mybe it's on youtube
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Johnathon Crombie (AOGG) news   Johnathon Crombie (AOGG) news Empty

Back to top Go down

Johnathon Crombie (AOGG) news
Page 1 of 1