Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Goodreads Challenge

Go down 
+3
Prairie Dweller
bethandmanly
MissOleson
7 posters
AuthorMessage
MissOleson
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
MissOleson

Number of posts : 895
Mood : Goodreads Challenge Indiff10

Goodreads Challenge Empty
PostSubject: Goodreads Challenge   Goodreads Challenge EmptySun Apr 03, 2011 4:45 pm

Is anyone a member of the site Goodreads? I have been a member for awhile now.

I decided to participate in the Goodreads Challenge. I have decided to read 50 books this year (a pathetic number when you see what others have made as their goals!). If (and that is a BIG "if"!) I make it to 50, maybe I will add a little more on.

My goal was about a book a week. We are in the 14th week of the year so far, right? So far I have only read 9 books. I am starting to become behind. I am really starting to doubt myself. I kind of doubt that I will reach that 50th book. We'll see, though. I will, of course, let you know which ones (if you are interested Smile ) I will have read by the end of the year.

I kind of feel like if I post this on a website, I will be "pushed" more to accomplishing this goal. Smile

Who's going to do the cooking?!?!
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : Goodreads Challenge Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Goodreads Challenge   Goodreads Challenge EmptySun Apr 03, 2011 4:51 pm

Good for you. Don't worry about the goals of others, just work toward completing your goal.

I'm also a member of Goodreads. You can find me under Cheryl Malandrinos.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
MissOleson
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
MissOleson

PostSubject: Re: Goodreads Challenge   Goodreads Challenge EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 1:31 pm

I just stopped by Goodreads (I couldn't remember which volume of a book I had - this place is great for keeping track of the books you own!), and I looked at the books that I read for the challenge and this is the message that was on the screen:
Quote :
You have read 9 books toward your goal of 50 books.
9 of 50 (18%)
Uh-oh, you're falling behind!

APPARENTLY!!! mad BatHit

bethandmanly wrote:
Good for you. Don't worry about the goals of others, just work toward completing your goal.

I'm also a member of Goodreads. You can find me under Cheryl Malandrinos.
Thanks! Smile Oh, and I will look for you on there. You will know it is me when you recieve that invite because I have a ridiculously large amount of books to read (and they are the craziest things - I know I read odd stuff Smile )

Back to top Go down
Prairie Dweller
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
Prairie Dweller

Number of posts : 853
Mood : Goodreads Challenge Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Goodreads Challenge   Goodreads Challenge EmptyMon May 16, 2011 3:30 pm

I wonder why I never noticed that challenge before.

I think since 2005 I've participated in the read-a-book a year challenge. Most years I have no trouble with reading fifty-two books a year.

Goodreads Challenge PDKeeper
Back to top Go down
http://avonleavignettes.com
MissOleson
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
MissOleson

PostSubject: Re: Goodreads Challenge   Goodreads Challenge EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 2:05 pm

Prairie Dweller wrote:
I wonder why I never noticed that challenge before.

I think since 2005 I've participated in the read-a-book a year challenge. Most years I have no trouble with reading fifty-two books a year.
You really can read one book a week? I really wish I could. I was actually aiming for that (figuring that is how I could get the 50 in there this year). I just have too much going on and I never get around to reading anything at all. I am only 6 behind (12%) now. So it has gotten a little bit better. Smile

Back to top Go down
Prairie Dweller
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
Prairie Dweller

Number of posts : 853
Mood : Goodreads Challenge Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Goodreads Challenge   Goodreads Challenge EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 10:54 am

Yes, I can read a book a week.
Really though, my reading will go in streaks. I'll read a little bit through the weeks and then suddenly there are a few days where I'll read a lot.

Goodreads Challenge PDKeeper
Back to top Go down
http://avonleavignettes.com
Kristina
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Kristina

Number of posts : 7882

PostSubject: Re: Goodreads Challenge   Goodreads Challenge EmptyWed Jan 21, 2015 11:20 am

I started using Goodreads last year, and this year I set a challenge for myself to read at least 50 books. It was a higher number at first, but my reading got off to a bit of a slow start at first, so I lowered the number for now. I know some of the books I read this year will be re-reads, the book I'm currently enjoying I've read once before.
Back to top Go down
MissOleson
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
MissOleson

PostSubject: Re: Goodreads Challenge   Goodreads Challenge EmptyMon Jan 26, 2015 4:49 pm

Oh, I reached my goals (I actually went over them) in 2011 and 2012. And every year I decided to add more books onto my goal. But I didn't make it in 2013. And I DEFINITELY did NOT reach it in 2014.

My goal for 2014 was 60. And since I didn't reach it last year, I decided to go for 60 again this year. Why? Well, why not? Thus far, I am doing OK. I have read 8 books. So, I think it said I have reached 13% of my goal. I am feeling pretty good about this so far. Just give it another month, or two, and I know I will fall behind.

Back to top Go down
Honeybee
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Honeybee

Number of posts : 3578

PostSubject: Re: Goodreads Challenge   Goodreads Challenge EmptySat Apr 09, 2016 8:50 pm

My goal is 80 books. I only read 9 books. I'm way behind. I should keep on reading. I love goodreads, as well. I keep track, what book, I read. Sometimes, I do reread the books all over again.

wootwoot
Back to top Go down
maria1
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

Number of posts : 276
Mood : Goodreads Challenge Mornincoffee

PostSubject: Re: Goodreads Challenge   Goodreads Challenge EmptyTue May 31, 2016 1:11 pm

Wow you guys read alot. Me myself is reading Anne Franks diary. Heard of it?
I love it so far.
Back to top Go down
littlehouse1
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

Number of posts : 25

PostSubject: Re: Goodreads Challenge   Goodreads Challenge EmptySun Feb 24, 2019 3:02 pm

i am a reader to. i love books since i saw gilmore girls.
Back to top Go down
Honeybee
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Honeybee

Number of posts : 3578

PostSubject: Re: Goodreads Challenge   Goodreads Challenge EmptyTue Aug 15, 2023 1:37 am

My reading challenge for this year is 82 books. I got until
December 31st. At 11:59pm

wootwoot
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600

PostSubject: Re: Goodreads Challenge   Goodreads Challenge EmptySun Sep 24, 2023 7:26 pm

Honeybee wrote:
My reading challenge for this year is 82 books. I got until
December 31st. At 11:59pm

Good luck!

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Goodreads Challenge   Goodreads Challenge Empty

Back to top Go down

Goodreads Challenge