Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Prayers for Chile and South Argentina.

Go down 
+4
Savannah
pamh36
alexczarn
Vanesa
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136
Mood : Prayers for Chile and South Argentina. Bokmal10

Prayers for Chile and South Argentina. Empty
PostSubject: Prayers for Chile and South Argentina.   Prayers for Chile and South Argentina. EmptyWed Jun 08, 2011 12:35 am

Two days ago, a volcano from South of Chile erupted and there were people who loss their houses and all. It's awful. They have a lot of evacuates.

Chile shares a great deal of miles of borderline with Argentina, and even if the volcan eruption didn't made physical disasters in my country, the ashes scattered all above Patagonia region causing a lot of damage. Several towns from there are totally isolated, since planes could not reach the airports because the ashes floating in the sky. Ashes caused that electric energy could not be working 100% in certain areas and people must not to breath those ashes, so it's recommended to stay in home. Sadly, most of people have no supplies for so longtime and they have nothing to eat.

Buenos Aires is very far from our Patagonic region, but winds are said to make some ashes to reach it and even if we wouldn't suffer any kind of the troubles our friends of Patagonia has, planes wouldn't work until they goes away, so it's more than annoying.

A cusin of mine who lives in Comodoro Rivadavia (Patagonian region) was visiting her B.A relatives and now she cannot return home. She is desperate, since she has a mother with medical depression condition and MUST be there in no time.PLease, pray for her. Her mother could even suicidate if she wouldn't reach home in few days.
No

Vanesa.

Prayers for Chile and South Argentina. Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
alexczarn
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 22999
Mood : Prayers for Chile and South Argentina. Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for Chile and South Argentina.   Prayers for Chile and South Argentina. EmptyWed Jun 08, 2011 2:48 am

Will be praying Vanesa!

Prayers for Chile and South Argentina. Alexke11
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Number of posts : 5900

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for Chile and South Argentina.   Prayers for Chile and South Argentina. EmptyWed Jun 08, 2011 7:14 am

How awful, Vanesa. Blue I will be praying.

Prayers for Chile and South Argentina. PamKeeper
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Prayers for Chile and South Argentina. Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for Chile and South Argentina.   Prayers for Chile and South Argentina. EmptyWed Jun 08, 2011 7:37 am

I'm so sorry to hear about this, Vanesa! The people impacted by the eruption will be in my prayers. Prayers for Chile and South Argentina. 488555
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21172
Mood : Prayers for Chile and South Argentina. Purple2

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for Chile and South Argentina.   Prayers for Chile and South Argentina. EmptyWed Jun 08, 2011 10:28 am

So sad...will be praying for these people.... pray

Prayers for Chile and South Argentina. Rhonda10Prayers for Chile and South Argentina. Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for Chile and South Argentina.   Prayers for Chile and South Argentina. EmptyThu Jun 09, 2011 12:16 am

Thanks, Alex, Rhonda, Savannah and Pam!

Ashes are not above Buenos Aires, yet, but TV said that tomorrow or so they'll be here. The situation will not be so awful, for only a few amount of them would reach here, but planes will not work if ashes could damage them.

The two Patagonia cities that are experiencing truble for the Chilean volcano eruption Are Bariloche and Villa La Angostura. Today, little by little the electric services are returning to normality, but school is still dismissed and some people are trying to reach other less damaged towns since the roofs would not accept the great amount f ashes that are over them...Too much weigh!

Since we are having a good normal winter, people from there is waiting for some snow to erase ashes just a little. Snow is always a blessing in Patagonia.

Vanesa. Blue

Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for Chile and South Argentina.   Prayers for Chile and South Argentina. EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 12:26 am

Ashes reached Buenos Aires but they were too few to be a real problem. Only today, at night , planes are beginning to fly again, but not toward Patagonian region. My cousin needed to be back in home, so she went by bus. She has more than 2000 Kms (I think it is 4.000 miles) to travel, so, she'll be pretty tired arriving there. greenS

Happily, electric services returned to Bariloche and Villa La Angostura and school is beginning again...So, your prayers ARE working! Thumbsup

Vanesa.

Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920
Mood : Prayers for Chile and South Argentina. Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for Chile and South Argentina.   Prayers for Chile and South Argentina. EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 1:17 am

So sorry to hear this. So much is happing lately. Prayers do work....!

Prayers for Chile and South Argentina. Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Prayers for Chile and South Argentina. Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for Chile and South Argentina.   Prayers for Chile and South Argentina. EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 12:32 pm

This is very sad news....I'll be praying about this too. Glad to hear that at least they got the power back in some areas and things are getting somewhat back to normal.
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for Chile and South Argentina.   Prayers for Chile and South Argentina. EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 12:08 am

Thanks, Amy! My cousin is already at home and electricity power is back again in the affected areas, but it is said that Chilean volcano would keep having some activity, so things could go wrong again. Today, they had had a little earthquake and one highway was bisected in two for some kilometers! OhMy

Vanesa.

Back to top Go down
alexczarn
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 22999

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for Chile and South Argentina.   Prayers for Chile and South Argentina. EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 4:03 am

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/8260222/chile-volcano-forces-qantas-cancellations

The ash from the volcano is affecting flights here in Australia. One of my friends is stuck in Melbourne due to cancelled flights.

Prayers for Chile and South Argentina. Alexke11
Back to top Go down
wilderfan
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
wilderfan

Number of posts : 41
Mood : Prayers for Chile and South Argentina. Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for Chile and South Argentina.   Prayers for Chile and South Argentina. EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 5:57 pm

I'll be praying!!!

"But I knew that someday I would become Laura Ingalls Wilder." ~ Laura Ingalls - Back to School Part II
Prayers for Chile and South Argentina. 41590_339995506848_4616451_q Prayers for Chile and South Argentina. Laura_prairie Prayers for Chile and South Argentina. 41787_8720602332_60578_q
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for Chile and South Argentina.   Prayers for Chile and South Argentina. EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 11:56 pm

That's the same Volcano than ours...That's really ODD!

Vanesa. Blue

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for Chile and South Argentina.   Prayers for Chile and South Argentina. Empty

Back to top Go down

Prayers for Chile and South Argentina.
Page 1 of 1