Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Digital Camera Question

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
MissOleson
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
MissOleson

Number of posts : 895
Mood : Digital Camera Question Indiff10

Digital Camera Question Empty
PostSubject: Digital Camera Question   Digital Camera Question EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 8:14 pm

I actually tend to use my regular 35 mm. I just prefer it. And I will continue to use it until it breaks (which I hope is never). It takes GREAT pictures.

Anyway, I did buy a digital camera. It was a little cheaper (it was also on sale). It is a decent camera, though. Most of my pictures that I took on my trip last year were taken with that camera (it was good for non-flash and nighttime pictures). Also, I have taken a lot of pictures of cakes that I have decorated with that camera. I never put any of the pictures onto the computer. I just figured that I will eventually go to Walgreens and print out what I want. And then if there were any that I would want to put on the computer later, I would just scan them and do that.

So, the other day I was looking it over. I couldn't remember how to delete any. I found that function. Also, I couldn't remember how to change it to record a video. So I found that out, too. Anyway, I got to the part that said "delete". Actually, if you choose "delete", it gives you the option of deleting one or deleting all, of course. I didn't want either of those. So I got off of that. The next option is "format" and then "printer". Well, I knew what "printer" was but I didn't care about that either. But I didn't know what "format" was exactly.

So, before I tell you something, and then ask your opinion on something else connected to that, I want to ask you this:

WHAT DO YOU THINK FORMAT MEANS?

After I get an answer, I will tell you what happened. After that, I will be asking another question. Smile

Who's going to do the cooking?!?!
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : Digital Camera Question Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Digital Camera Question   Digital Camera Question EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 8:26 pm

I'm not sure if this is the right answer, but it looks like it has to do with your memory card. Read this article: http://www.digicamhelp.com/accessories/memory-cards/erasing-and-formatting-a-memory-card/

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
MissOleson
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
MissOleson

Number of posts : 895
Mood : Digital Camera Question Indiff10

PostSubject: Re: Digital Camera Question   Digital Camera Question EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 2:36 pm

bethandmanly wrote:
I'm not sure if this is the right answer, but it looks like it has to do with your memory card. Read this article: http://www.digicamhelp.com/accessories/memory-cards/erasing-and-formatting-a-memory-card/
Thank you for the link. Honestly, though, it has upset me even more than before. Although, that was bound to happen, anyway, when I found out.

I chose format and I erased ALL of my pictures. ALL OF THEM. So I talked to this guy at Walgreens and he told me that there is a way that you can send the card in to this place (he said it could be done at Best Buy, too) and they can somehow get the deleted pictures back for you. But according to that link, there is NO way I am going to get those pictures back.

You have NO idea the amount of pictures I had on there. And you have NO idea what those pictures were of. I suppose someone could say it was my fault for not printing them out, but not really. Who knew this was going to happen? I am so very, very, very upset right now over this.

I won't ask the other question that I was going to ask as it is irrelevant now.

But thank you for that link. Smile

Who's going to do the cooking?!?!
Back to top Go down
Prairie Dweller
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
Prairie Dweller

Number of posts : 853
Mood : Digital Camera Question Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Digital Camera Question   Digital Camera Question EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 5:12 pm

Yup, format clears the card.

There is a website that one can download. It will search the card for photos and will show the photos that can be read. If it has photos you're looking for then you do have to pay some money and it will give you the photos.

I'm not certain how much it costs, but if you like I can ask the friend who told me about it and see if he still has the link.

I'm sorry that you lost your photos. :( I've had it happen before (once my fault, and once the computer ate them). It's not fun at all.

Digital Camera Question PDKeeper
Back to top Go down
http://avonleavignettes.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Digital Camera Question   Digital Camera Question Empty

Back to top Go down

Digital Camera Question
Page 1 of 1