Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

"I saw Lincoln shot"

Go down 
+2
Savannah
Rob
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62619
Mood : "I saw Lincoln shot" Goodsi10

"I saw Lincoln shot" Empty
PostSubject: "I saw Lincoln shot"   "I saw Lincoln shot" EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 7:55 am

For the history buffs, this is from the game show What's My Line? in 1956.

Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
"I saw Lincoln shot" Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428
Mood : "I saw Lincoln shot" Happy010

PostSubject: Re: "I saw Lincoln shot"   "I saw Lincoln shot" EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 9:22 am

"I saw Lincoln shot" 184143 Wow. Just...WOW. It makes history so much more real to have a living, breathing witness talking about it. Interesting that he thought that John Wilkes Booth had just fallen out of the balcony, and he was worried about the "poor man". What a sweetie.

My great-grandmother was on that game show. I don't know who the actors were who were doing the guessing, but they didn't guess great-grandma's "secret" and she won. (She won new furniture for one room in her house.)
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62619
Mood : "I saw Lincoln shot" Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: "I saw Lincoln shot"   "I saw Lincoln shot" EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 9:28 am

What was her secret? "My great-granddaughter will one day be a serial pan-wielder"? "I saw Lincoln shot" 440956

No, really. What was her secret?
Back to top Go down
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Lori

Number of posts : 6032

PostSubject: Re: "I saw Lincoln shot"   "I saw Lincoln shot" EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 9:35 am

Very interesting.

"I saw Lincoln shot" Lorike10
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : "I saw Lincoln shot" Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: "I saw Lincoln shot"   "I saw Lincoln shot" EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 3:19 pm

Rob wrote:
What was her secret? "My great-granddaughter will one day be a serial pan-wielder"? "I saw Lincoln shot" 440956

Laughing Yes Savannah, enquiring minds want to know! yes

Rob, that was amazing! OhMy Thank you for posting it!! This was a neat game show....it actually seems like it could have stood the test of time. I wonder why it didn't?

Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21172
Mood : "I saw Lincoln shot" Purple2

PostSubject: Re: "I saw Lincoln shot"   "I saw Lincoln shot" EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 3:48 pm

Says he is the only living witness, yet all he really saw was John Wilkes Booth jump from the balcony to the stage breaking his leg, not the actual shooting of Lincoln........but WOW.....just WOW! Huh?

"I saw Lincoln shot" Rhonda10"I saw Lincoln shot" Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
alexczarn
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 22999

PostSubject: Re: "I saw Lincoln shot"   "I saw Lincoln shot" EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 5:27 pm

Rob wrote:

I think that's correct Rob! HeeHee

"I saw Lincoln shot" Alexke11
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
"I saw Lincoln shot" Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428

PostSubject: Re: "I saw Lincoln shot"   "I saw Lincoln shot" EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 6:14 pm

Rob wrote:

"I saw Lincoln shot" Hahaha12 Ohhhhhhh, a wise guy. "I saw Lincoln shot" 771460

Well, I haven't heard the story since I was little - and Mom only remembers bits and pieces, too. It had to do with the number 7. Great-grandma had seven children, seven grandchildren, she was one of seven siblings. . . I can't remember the rest.

alexczarn wrote:
Rob wrote:

I think that's correct Rob! "I saw Lincoln shot" 440956

"I saw Lincoln shot" Angry028 No it is not correct. Okay....so it's true.....it's still not the correct answer. "I saw Lincoln shot" 135245
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "I saw Lincoln shot"   "I saw Lincoln shot" Empty

Back to top Go down

"I saw Lincoln shot"
Page 1 of 1