Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Does this mean i can't d/l any more this month?

Go down 
+4
Savannah
alexczarn
Rob
Krissy
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Honeybee
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Honeybee

Number of posts : 3565
Mood : Does this mean i can't d/l any more this month? - Page 2 Bokmal10

Does this mean i can't d/l any more this month? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Does this mean i can't d/l any more this month?   Does this mean i can't d/l any more this month? - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 03, 2011 3:31 am

I don't know, how many GB i have left. I just found out. 40% left. I'm doing disc cleaning. Going take few minutes. Well, the disc cleaning did only 10%. Anyone knows, how get rid of more unwanted files?

Other update. It's now 50% I tried everything. How do I get more free space? I uninstall unwanted programs. clean the disk. it's like, why not giving me more percentage? banghead

wootwoot
Back to top Go down
Prairie Dweller
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
Prairie Dweller

Number of posts : 853
Mood : Does this mean i can't d/l any more this month? - Page 2 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Does this mean i can't d/l any more this month?   Does this mean i can't d/l any more this month? - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 03, 2011 10:33 am

Try defragmenting your computer. :)

I *think* that this program is the one I have. If it is, it's free and works very well.

http://download.cnet.com/Smart-Defrag/3000-2094_4-10759533.html

You have a lot more free space than I have! I only have 19.6GB left- and since I'm a photographer that goes *very* quickly! I'm hoping to make it to the end of the year as at the end of the year I burn all the photos from the year to cd and then move them to my external drive.

Does this mean i can't d/l any more this month? - Page 2 PDKeeper
Back to top Go down
http://avonleavignettes.com
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45733
Mood : Does this mean i can't d/l any more this month? - Page 2 Headac10

PostSubject: Re: Does this mean i can't d/l any more this month?   Does this mean i can't d/l any more this month? - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 11:37 am

I've been d/l some music and when i get some more blank cds i will burn them then deleted them.lol

This e-mail i got today said,We won and it seems like were getting are unlimited internet back.& they will try to get a better pricing next. but then it said they want ppl here to cancle our internet/t.v/phone to smaller compaines.To make the big ones go out of bussines. so iam confused now does this mean we have it back now or maybe it comes back into effect next year?

This is what we’ve been waiting for. Together we’ve stopped Big Telecom’s plan to impose usage-based billing (Internet metering) on all Canadians. Big phone and cable companies tried to rig the market but they were caught red-handed.

A year ago the CRTC decided that big telecom giants could force their small competitors to adopt metered billing. This would have killed Big Telecom’s independent competitors, and it would have meant a more expensive and controlled Internet for all Canadians. It was this outrageous move that led OpenMedia.ca to launch the now half-a-million strong Stop The Meter petition that forced the CRTC to reconsider their plan.

Yesterday, finally, the CRTC pulled back from its mandatory metered billing decision. This decision won’t stop all big telecom metering, but it could provide a much needed unlimited, independent option for many Canadians. It is truly rare for people to outmaneuver Big Telecom lobbyists, but together, we did it. Thank you for playing a crucial part in safeguarding the affordable Internet.

We changed the foundation of Internet billing in Canada—that’s a game changer—but we’re concerned that uncompetitive pricing may be buried in the pages of the policy that the CRTC released yesterday. We’ll study the details of this decision closely in the coming days and, with your help, take whatever action is necessary to push for fair pricing.

What’s next?
We held the line on Internet affordability and prevented Big Telecom from taking complete control, but they still dominate about 94% of the Internet service market. This is why Canada is still falling behind the rest of the world on speed, pricing, and (as we all know) customer service.

Big Telecom makes record profits while Canadians are overcharged and disrespected. Those profits are then used to lobby for more control and price-gouging. Now more than ever we need to break this cycle.

The only thing Big Telecom companies understand is their bottom line, so let’s hit them where it hurts. Let’s get as many Canadians as possible to switch to an independent provider.

Here’s what you can do now:

We know it’s not possible for everyone to switch to an independent provider right now, but let’s all please pledge to use an independent provider when it is possible.
If possible, switch to an independent provider like Teksavvy, Distributel, or Acanac who have supported our public engagement campaign, or other indie ISPs that you can find through the “Make the Switch” resource page we started here: http://openmedia.ca/switch
Here’s the plan:

Get the CRTC to allow indie ISPs to offer an unmetered Internet.

A wave of Canadians cancel their service with Big Telecom, and subscribe to an independent competitor—delivering a swift financial cannon shot directly at Big Telecom’s lobbying budget.

Businesses, civil society groups, and people across Canada work with policy-makers to fix our broken telecom system once and for all.

By pledging to make the switch, you’ll send a clear message to policy-makers that all Canadians want independent choices for Internet service.

We’ll let Prime Minister Harper and Industry Minister Paradis know how many Canadians have made this pledge.

As an active member of the pro-Internet community, your participation is key.

For our digital future,

OpenMedia.ca is a non-profit organization that relies on donations from people like you to operate. Our small but dedicated team ensures even the smallest contributions go a long way to make your voice heard. Please donate

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45733
Mood : Does this mean i can't d/l any more this month? - Page 2 Headac10

PostSubject: Re: Does this mean i can't d/l any more this month?   Does this mean i can't d/l any more this month? - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 11:38 am

I've been d/l some music and when i get some more blank cds i will burn them then deleted them.lol

This e-mail i got today said,We won and it seems like were getting are unlimited internet back.& they will try to get a better pricing next. but then it said they want ppl here to cancle our internet/t.v/phone to smaller compaines.To make the big ones go out of bussines. so iam confused now does this mean we have it back now or maybe it comes back into effect next year?

This is what we’ve been waiting for. Together we’ve stopped Big Telecom’s plan to impose usage-based billing (Internet metering) on all Canadians. Big phone and cable companies tried to rig the market but they were caught red-handed.

A year ago the CRTC decided that big telecom giants could force their small competitors to adopt metered billing. This would have killed Big Telecom’s independent competitors, and it would have meant a more expensive and controlled Internet for all Canadians. It was this outrageous move that led OpenMedia.ca to launch the now half-a-million strong Stop The Meter petition that forced the CRTC to reconsider their plan.

Yesterday, finally, the CRTC pulled back from its mandatory metered billing decision. This decision won’t stop all big telecom metering, but it could provide a much needed unlimited, independent option for many Canadians. It is truly rare for people to outmaneuver Big Telecom lobbyists, but together, we did it. Thank you for playing a crucial part in safeguarding the affordable Internet.

We changed the foundation of Internet billing in Canada—that’s a game changer—but we’re concerned that uncompetitive pricing may be buried in the pages of the policy that the CRTC released yesterday. We’ll study the details of this decision closely in the coming days and, with your help, take whatever action is necessary to push for fair pricing.

What’s next?
We held the line on Internet affordability and prevented Big Telecom from taking complete control, but they still dominate about 94% of the Internet service market. This is why Canada is still falling behind the rest of the world on speed, pricing, and (as we all know) customer service.

Big Telecom makes record profits while Canadians are overcharged and disrespected. Those profits are then used to lobby for more control and price-gouging. Now more than ever we need to break this cycle.

The only thing Big Telecom companies understand is their bottom line, so let’s hit them where it hurts. Let’s get as many Canadians as possible to switch to an independent provider.

Here’s what you can do now:

We know it’s not possible for everyone to switch to an independent provider right now, but let’s all please pledge to use an independent provider when it is possible.
If possible, switch to an independent provider like Teksavvy, Distributel, or Acanac who have supported our public engagement campaign, or other indie ISPs that you can find through the “Make the Switch” resource page we started here: http://openmedia.ca/switch
Here’s the plan:

Get the CRTC to allow indie ISPs to offer an unmetered Internet.

A wave of Canadians cancel their service with Big Telecom, and subscribe to an independent competitor—delivering a swift financial cannon shot directly at Big Telecom’s lobbying budget.

Businesses, civil society groups, and people across Canada work with policy-makers to fix our broken telecom system once and for all.

By pledging to make the switch, you’ll send a clear message to policy-makers that all Canadians want independent choices for Internet service.

We’ll let Prime Minister Harper and Industry Minister Paradis know how many Canadians have made this pledge.

As an active member of the pro-Internet community, your participation is key.

For our digital future,

OpenMedia.ca is a non-profit organization that relies on donations from people like you to operate. Our small but dedicated team ensures even the smallest contributions go a long way to make your voice heard. Please donate

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Does this mean i can't d/l any more this month?   Does this mean i can't d/l any more this month? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Does this mean i can't d/l any more this month?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2