Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

HARRIET'S HAPPENINGS.

Go down 
+9
Vanesa
Shell
Gin
ChristineLovesLHOTP
littlehousefan200
Ruth
Harrietfan
Carol
Krissy
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45733
Mood : HARRIET'S HAPPENINGS. Headac10

HARRIET'S HAPPENINGS. Empty
PostSubject: HARRIET'S HAPPENINGS.   HARRIET'S HAPPENINGS. EmptySun Dec 18, 2011 10:35 pm

HARRIET wrights in her cousins newspaper.(gossip columm).She say's unkind things about ppl.

Mrs. olsen is so mean in this esp.i think it's funny what laura and albert say about mrs olsen. having fake teeth and a wig. ROTFL

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665
Mood : HARRIET'S HAPPENINGS. Happy010

PostSubject: Re: HARRIET'S HAPPENINGS.   HARRIET'S HAPPENINGS. EmptyMon Dec 19, 2011 3:51 pm

It's a funny episode Laughing

HARRIET'S HAPPENINGS. Mrs-olsen

HARRIET'S HAPPENINGS. Horses10
Back to top Go down
Harrietfan
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
Harrietfan

Number of posts : 133

PostSubject: Re: HARRIET'S HAPPENINGS.   HARRIET'S HAPPENINGS. EmptyMon Dec 19, 2011 5:01 pm

One of my favorites! The best part for me was when Charles asks Mrs. Oleson to read the Bible in German. Brillant thinking on his part!
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: HARRIET'S HAPPENINGS.   HARRIET'S HAPPENINGS. EmptyMon Dec 19, 2011 5:02 pm

It's very funny.

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Ruth
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ruth

Number of posts : 2916
Mood : HARRIET'S HAPPENINGS. Pbucket

PostSubject: Re: HARRIET'S HAPPENINGS.   HARRIET'S HAPPENINGS. EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 5:59 pm

Harrietfan wrote:
One of my favorites! The best part for me was when Charles asks Mrs. Oleson to read the Bible in German. Brillant thinking on his part!

That is hilarious!!! Laughing Charles is such a good thinker when he wants to be!!!!

Triple thumbs up for this episode.. Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup

Leaves HARRIET'S HAPPENINGS. RuthKeeper Leaves
Back to top Go down
littlehousefan200
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
littlehousefan200

Number of posts : 6161
Mood : HARRIET'S HAPPENINGS. Confus10

PostSubject: Re: HARRIET'S HAPPENINGS.   HARRIET'S HAPPENINGS. EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 6:35 pm

I love this episode! It's so funny, and Charles' speech at the end was great.
Albert and Laura's scheme of "everything in the store is 100% off was hilarious! Laughing Thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: HARRIET'S HAPPENINGS.   HARRIET'S HAPPENINGS. EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 7:59 pm

littlehousefan200 wrote:
I love this episode! It's so funny, and Charles' speech at the end was great.
Albert and Laura's scheme of "everything in the store is 100% off was hilarious! Laughing Thumbsup

agree

Back to top Go down
Ruth
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ruth

Number of posts : 2916
Mood : HARRIET'S HAPPENINGS. Pbucket

PostSubject: Re: HARRIET'S HAPPENINGS.   HARRIET'S HAPPENINGS. EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 2:51 am

Oh yeah! That part! That is soooo funny!!! ROTFL

Leaves HARRIET'S HAPPENINGS. RuthKeeper Leaves
Back to top Go down
ChristineLovesLHOTP
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
ChristineLovesLHOTP

Number of posts : 227
Mood : HARRIET'S HAPPENINGS. Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: HARRIET'S HAPPENINGS.   HARRIET'S HAPPENINGS. EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 1:46 am

I liked this episode......very funny

“I am beginning to learn that it is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all.”
― Laura Ingalls Wilder
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920
Mood : HARRIET'S HAPPENINGS. Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: HARRIET'S HAPPENINGS.   HARRIET'S HAPPENINGS. EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 8:04 am

Caught this one last night. Harriet introduced her COUSIN to the town as he came in on the stage. But that evening Nellie called him Uncle Sterling. I suppose that was a blooper? If he was Harriets cousin then he should be Nellie and Willie's cousin as well.
Glad Laura and Albert took care of Harriet in this one. Leave it to Albert to think of such a task. She deserved it totally.

HARRIET'S HAPPENINGS. Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
Shell
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
Shell

Number of posts : 1353
Mood : HARRIET'S HAPPENINGS. Purple2

PostSubject: Re: HARRIET'S HAPPENINGS.   HARRIET'S HAPPENINGS. EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 4:26 pm

Gin wrote:
Caught this one last night. Harriet introduced her COUSIN to the town as he came in on the stage. But that evening Nellie called him Uncle Sterling. I suppose that was a blooper? If he was Harriets cousin then he should be Nellie and Willie's cousin as well.
Glad Laura and Albert took care of Harriet in this one. Leave it to Albert to think of such a task. She deserved it totally.
The same occured in The Stranger. Peter's father is Mrs.Oleson's cousin. Peter refered to Nels&Harriet as Uncle and Aunt. I love it when Charles asked Mrs.Oleson to read the bible in German.
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

PostSubject: Re: HARRIET'S HAPPENINGS.   HARRIET'S HAPPENINGS. EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 5:24 pm

Yes, got her huh? Those rare moments when it all comes back on her are priceless.

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136
Mood : HARRIET'S HAPPENINGS. Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: HARRIET'S HAPPENINGS.   HARRIET'S HAPPENINGS. EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 11:43 pm

Gin wrote:
Yes, got her huh? Those rare moments when it all comes back on her are priceless.

The funniest ofg it are Harriet's facial expressions at those priceless moments. HeeHee

Vanesa.

HARRIET'S HAPPENINGS. Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

PostSubject: Re: HARRIET'S HAPPENINGS.   HARRIET'S HAPPENINGS. EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 11:51 pm

Very true Vanesa. Katherine was a super actress.

Back to top Go down
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

Number of posts : 1056

PostSubject: Re: HARRIET'S HAPPENINGS.   HARRIET'S HAPPENINGS. EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 10:58 pm

I loved this show and I remember Mr. Landon giving jabs to the Enquirer and Star papers he hated back then. He kept jabbing them even on the Carson show toward the end of his life. His speech in church was on the mark and I wish more people would listen to him.

There was a young blonde woman also in the store buying something before Mr. Garvey talks to Nels that I thought might have been Cindy Clerico..again I saw someone in church toward the end against the wall, that seemed to be the same person, but the camera never stayed on her for more than a second.
Back to top Go down
Shell
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
Shell

Number of posts : 1353
Mood : HARRIET'S HAPPENINGS. Purple2

PostSubject: Re: HARRIET'S HAPPENINGS.   HARRIET'S HAPPENINGS. EmptyThu Apr 04, 2013 9:37 pm

I think it was Cindy. Cindy was a stand in for the character of Mary.

littlehouselover wrote:
I loved this show and I remember Mr. Landon giving jabs to the Enquirer and Star papers he hated back then. He kept jabbing them even on the Carson show toward the end of his life. His speech in church was on the mark and I wish more people would listen to him.

There was a young blonde woman also in the store buying something before Mr. Garvey talks to Nels that I thought might have been Cindy Clerico..again I saw someone in church toward the end against the wall, that seemed to be the same person, but the camera never stayed on her for more than a second.
The star magazine said he wanted Cindy to have another baby so she she would have something to remember him by. That was a dumb article by the Star.
Back to top Go down
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

Number of posts : 1056

PostSubject: Re: HARRIET'S HAPPENINGS.   HARRIET'S HAPPENINGS. EmptyFri Apr 05, 2013 5:43 am

Yes, the other 2 didn't matter. scratchead
Back to top Go down
LHOTPfan2000
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
LHOTPfan2000

Number of posts : 675
Mood : HARRIET'S HAPPENINGS. Confus10

PostSubject: Re: HARRIET'S HAPPENINGS.   HARRIET'S HAPPENINGS. EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 5:53 am

This one is probably one of the best ones in season 5!

HARRIET'S HAPPENINGS. PhoebeKeeper

“It was a huge shock when it came and very excited“

This was the duchess of cambridges take on how she felt when William proposed during their official engagement interview with ITN reporter Tom Bradby. There was a real giggle at the end. Cute.
Back to top Go down
http://giffgaff.com/orders/affiliate/phoeberule
Honeybee
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Honeybee

Number of posts : 3565
Mood : HARRIET'S HAPPENINGS. Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: HARRIET'S HAPPENINGS.   HARRIET'S HAPPENINGS. EmptyThu Apr 14, 2016 9:59 pm

I love the prank, that Albert and Laura pull off. 100% off at Mercantile. ROTFL ROTFL

wootwoot
Back to top Go down
amyk
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler

Number of posts : 540

PostSubject: Re: HARRIET'S HAPPENINGS.   HARRIET'S HAPPENINGS. EmptyThu Feb 25, 2021 11:10 pm

This one is both funny and also a bit sad, how Harriet hurts people like she does. One very small thing, but something I absolutely love, is that Nels winks at Willie (and perhaps Willie winks at Nels, although I could not tell) when Harriet has heard the stories about herself that Laura and Albert planted. I feel like the relationship between Nels and Willie is really coming into its own, like they are both kind of "hen-pecked" - Nels by Harriet and Willie by both Harriet and Nellie. I think that Nels and Willie know they have to stick together. I think Willie is not really a bad kid at heart, but sometimes he has been guided by poor example. I'm glad that Nels seems to be rubbing off on him more and more, and I believe that Willie grew up to be a very fine man (and good husband).
Back to top Go down
amyk
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler

Number of posts : 540

PostSubject: Re: HARRIET'S HAPPENINGS.   HARRIET'S HAPPENINGS. EmptySat Feb 27, 2021 2:31 pm

I also was thinking about this: Weren't Laura and Albert the ones who typeset all those horrible things Mrs. Oleson wrote (up until they quit working at the paper)? I kind of think they would not have gone ahead and typeset those things. Maybe they typeset everything else and then Mr. Murdock did the Harriet's Happenings section himself???

I also love how Caroline handles Harriet when Harriet comes demanding that the children be punished for what they wrote about her - their punishment is that they can't work at the paper anymore and of course, the paper can always print a retraction IF what they wrote about Harriet was untrue! HAHA! Love it when Caroline gets the upper hand on Mrs. Oleson.

Savannah and bethandmanly like this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HARRIET'S HAPPENINGS.   HARRIET'S HAPPENINGS. Empty

Back to top Go down

HARRIET'S HAPPENINGS.
Page 1 of 1