Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

No beast so fierce

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45732
Mood : No beast so fierce Headac10

No beast so fierce Empty
PostSubject: No beast so fierce   No beast so fierce EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 11:27 pm

James starts a friendship with gideon.Gldeon over hears him making fun of his stutter.

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

No beast so fierce Empty
PostSubject: Re: No beast so fierce   No beast so fierce EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 5:08 pm

I think it was nice he was nice to that boy. Glad at the end they finally made up. Smile Wasn't that little boy the same kid from the movie. "The christmas story"?

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
ChristineLovesLHOTP
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
ChristineLovesLHOTP

Number of posts : 227
Mood : No beast so fierce Goodsi10

No beast so fierce Empty
PostSubject: Re: No beast so fierce   No beast so fierce EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 12:06 am

sweetkrissy2011 wrote:
I think it was nice he was nice to that boy. Glad at the end they finally made up. Smile Wasn't that little boy the same kid from the movie. "The christmas story"?

yes....It was played by a young Peter Billingsley (who later went on to play Ralphie in A Christmas Story)

“I am beginning to learn that it is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all.”
― Laura Ingalls Wilder
Back to top Go down
Shell
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
Shell

Number of posts : 1353
Mood : No beast so fierce Purple2

No beast so fierce Empty
PostSubject: Re: No beast so fierce   No beast so fierce EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 8:44 pm

I think instead of taking James with him to Minneapolis, Charles should have made him stay home and look for Gideon. If Carrie or Cassandra had made fun of him, Charles would have punished them. I am happy that James and Gideon made ammends in the end and Gideon's parents decided to forgive James.
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

No beast so fierce Empty
PostSubject: Re: No beast so fierce   No beast so fierce EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 8:45 pm

ChristineLovesLHOTP wrote:
sweetkrissy2011 wrote:

yes....It was played by a young Peter Billingsley (who later went on to play Ralphie in A Christmas Story)

That's what i thought.

Back to top Go down
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

Number of posts : 1056

No beast so fierce Empty
PostSubject: Re: No beast so fierce   No beast so fierce EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 9:13 pm

They had a girl that stuttered also with Laura, I guess they liked that storyline.

That dog obviously had a bad dye job..but I liked that he ended up with Gideon and some scenes were funny. I would have been worried sick about my child being out in the woods, but maybe back then they were less sheltered and more able to get by for a day or two.
Back to top Go down
amyk
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler

Number of posts : 529

No beast so fierce Empty
PostSubject: Re: No beast so fierce   No beast so fierce EmptyWed Mar 31, 2021 9:49 pm

This is another episode I have somewhat mixed feelings about. Once again, I'm disappointed especially with Willie, who I thought was maturing but who so cruelly was making fun of Gideon. And I don't really see why James laughed. But we all do things we regret. However, after the class just learned a lesson so recently about making fun of other kids (with the episode FOR THE LOVE OF NANCY), it seems weird that there is yet another episode so soon about making fun of kids who are different. And I would think that Carrie and Cassandra, along with Albert, would also stick up for Gideon. It's kind of weird that sometimes all the kids of Walnut Grove (except Nellie/Nancy and Willie) seem to be basically pretty nice kids, but then when they have these episodes about kids with some kind of differences, almost all of them seem to turn into mean kids.

Another strange thing to me is that nobody seems all that concerned about where Gideon may be....yet, we know there are wild dogs and bears on the loose! It's just kind of like, well he's run off before for a few days so he'll probably be back. However, this was a new area for Gideon. I don't understand why the whole town goes looking for Nancy later, but they are not all out looking for Gideon. (Why not let Nancy just be lost and good riddance?!? Okay, kind of joking and I know that is mean, but still.....)

And the thing with the dog is kind of odd...I'm sure we are supposed to interpret it as somewhat miraculous, but I kind of found parts of the trip with James and Pa a bit boring. Also kind of surprising that Pa would let James and him take a room above the saloon, and how could they sleep with all that racket going on?

Anyway, I'm glad that Gideon seemed to forgive James but would have liked to see the whole class apologize to him like they did with Elmer.
Back to top Go down
amyk
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler

Number of posts : 529

No beast so fierce Empty
PostSubject: Re: No beast so fierce   No beast so fierce EmptyWed Mar 31, 2021 9:55 pm

Oh, I also don't think after being mauled by a wolf/dog like that, as well as falling from that height in the saloon, that guy could so easily just get up and run out of there, but maybe his adrenaline was enabling him to do that......I would assume he would have been severely injured!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

No beast so fierce Empty
PostSubject: Re: No beast so fierce   No beast so fierce Empty

Back to top Go down

No beast so fierce
Page 1 of 1