Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Teen Died on Christmas,Left Behind Candid Message on YouTube

Go down 
+3
Amy
JW
Debbie
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Debbie
Mom Of 2 Kitties
Mom Of 2 Kitties

Number of posts : 3822
Mood : Teen Died on Christmas,Left Behind Candid Message on YouTube Xmassm4

Teen Died on Christmas,Left Behind Candid Message on YouTube Empty
PostSubject: Teen Died on Christmas,Left Behind Candid Message on YouTube   Teen Died on Christmas,Left Behind Candid Message on YouTube EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 2:32 pm

Wow, just Wow..

As he recorded his final videos in recent weeks, Austin teenager Ben Breedlove smiled warmly and flashed index cards as he shared his hopes and fears about his lifelong battle with a heart condition that ultimately would take his life on Christmas Day.

"I was never allowed to play all the sports that my friends did," the cards say in the two videos (above and below). "It kinda sucks that I missed out on that part of my life. I really just hoped that I could be the same as everyone else."

Breedlove, 18, recalls how since the age of 4 he had "cheated death" several times by being revived after his heart stopped beating.

He says the episodes were scary, but during the last one, his visions were so peaceful that he didn't want to wake up.

He writes that he had a vision of a white room in which he's wearing a white suit and is with his favorite rapper, Kid Cudi.

"I then looked at myself in the mirror," he wrote. "I was proud of MYSELF, of my entire life, everything I have done."

He says the incident was on Dec. 6, after he passed out in a hallway at his high school, where he was a senior.

His mother, Deanne Breedlove, told the Austin American-Statesman that the videos brought joy to a tragic moment.

"It was a gift to us," she said, "And for him to be so confident and unafraid of death and to share it with other people was so touching." Breedlove had hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, which means the heart has different levels of thickness and can't pump blood evenly.

In addition to the two pre-Christmas videos, Breedlove recorded others on his own YouTube channel discussing, sans index cards, mainstream teenage topics such as how a girl can ask a guy to a dance.

Web wanderers and bloggers say they find Breedlove's attitude inspiring. On Monday, Kid Cudi blogged, "This has really touched my heart in a way I can't describe ... To Ben's family, you raised a real hero, he’s definitely mine."

Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : Teen Died on Christmas,Left Behind Candid Message on YouTube Happy011

PostSubject: Re: Teen Died on Christmas,Left Behind Candid Message on YouTube   Teen Died on Christmas,Left Behind Candid Message on YouTube EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 3:39 pm

bawling

Teen Died on Christmas,Left Behind Candid Message on YouTube Jacobk10Teen Died on Christmas,Left Behind Candid Message on YouTube Jacob210
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Teen Died on Christmas,Left Behind Candid Message on YouTube Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Teen Died on Christmas,Left Behind Candid Message on YouTube   Teen Died on Christmas,Left Behind Candid Message on YouTube EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 3:56 pm

Oh dear God, this was so hard to watch. This boy looks almost exactly like my son, who is almost 17. He has his eyes, and a similar smile. But I am so glad I did watch it, even though it's heart-breaking. No What a message he shares though....one of hope and peace. My heart goes out to his family...to lose your child on Christmas day....earth-shattering. No
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920
Mood : Teen Died on Christmas,Left Behind Candid Message on YouTube Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Teen Died on Christmas,Left Behind Candid Message on YouTube   Teen Died on Christmas,Left Behind Candid Message on YouTube EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 4:20 pm

Kids have a magic that we must loose as we become adults. They SEE things in a calm manner than adults do. I believe you can only have that gift if you are as pure as a child.
I know this will help his parents, but i also know they have a heavy heart right now. I pray the ache they will carry will also be with a smile of their happier moments together.

Teen Died on Christmas,Left Behind Candid Message on YouTube Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45733
Mood : Teen Died on Christmas,Left Behind Candid Message on YouTube Headac10

PostSubject: Re: Teen Died on Christmas,Left Behind Candid Message on YouTube   Teen Died on Christmas,Left Behind Candid Message on YouTube EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 5:03 pm

That's so sad.

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136
Mood : Teen Died on Christmas,Left Behind Candid Message on YouTube Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Teen Died on Christmas,Left Behind Candid Message on YouTube   Teen Died on Christmas,Left Behind Candid Message on YouTube EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 12:15 am

THis just brooke my heart... Blue What a sad thing that a kid must suffer this way. Jesus took away his life in Christmas, because he wanted another angel close to him... bawling

Vanesa.

Teen Died on Christmas,Left Behind Candid Message on YouTube Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665
Mood : Teen Died on Christmas,Left Behind Candid Message on YouTube Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Teen Died on Christmas,Left Behind Candid Message on YouTube   Teen Died on Christmas,Left Behind Candid Message on YouTube EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 12:26 am

Wow cryB

Teen Died on Christmas,Left Behind Candid Message on YouTube Horses10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Teen Died on Christmas,Left Behind Candid Message on YouTube   Teen Died on Christmas,Left Behind Candid Message on YouTube Empty

Back to top Go down

Teen Died on Christmas,Left Behind Candid Message on YouTube
Page 1 of 1