Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

May i have this dance.

Go down 
+7
jessicamarie
Davetucson
littlehouselover
alexczarn
Shell
ChristineLovesLHOTP
Krissy
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45733
Mood : May i have this dance. Headac10

May i have this dance. Empty
PostSubject: May i have this dance.   May i have this dance. EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 7:02 pm

Willie marries his sweetheart.Mrs.olsen is beyond upset.

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: May i have this dance.   May i have this dance. EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 6:31 pm

[b]I was so glad willie stood up to her mother.I thought they looked very cuite together.MRS. Olsen was just upset cause willie didn't wanna go to collage.I guess i could understansd her.Tho sometimes she makes me so mad.Least it had a good ending.

I think it's nice the old lady left laura and him the big house.[b]

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
ChristineLovesLHOTP
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
ChristineLovesLHOTP

Number of posts : 227
Mood : May i have this dance. Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: May i have this dance.   May i have this dance. EmptyThu Feb 16, 2012 10:00 pm

I absolutely loved this episode. I t was wonderful to see Willie grew up to be a wonderful man who fell in love........

I was just thinking.....my favorite part is when Harriet refused to attend the Wedding and she hoped Nancy would too. The day of the Wedding Harriet was home crying and Nancy went in her room all dressed up....Harriet asked her where she was going and Nancy informed her she was the maid of honor in the wedding.....classic

Just watched this tonight on Hallmark channel....loved it. I was left wondering why Willie did not ask his father to stand up for him, instead of Mr Edwards

“I am beginning to learn that it is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all.”
― Laura Ingalls Wilder
Back to top Go down
Shell
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
Shell

Number of posts : 1353
Mood : May i have this dance. Purple2

PostSubject: Re: May i have this dance.   May i have this dance. EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 5:18 pm

I love the way Willie stood up to hi mother. I think Willie and Rachel were a cute couple.
Back to top Go down
alexczarn
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 22999
Mood : May i have this dance. Happy010

PostSubject: Re: May i have this dance.   May i have this dance. EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 6:57 pm

ChristineLovesLHOTP wrote:
I was just thinking.....my favorite part is when Harriet refused to attend the Wedding and she hoped Nancy would too. The day of the Wedding Harriet was home crying and Nancy went in her room all dressed up....Harriet asked her where she was going and Nancy informed her she was the maid of honor in the wedding.....classic

That is so funny imo! Also when Harriet tries to disguise herself in by wearing black. greenS But she's given away by her sobbing.

May i have this dance. Alexke11
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: May i have this dance.   May i have this dance. EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 7:40 pm

Just watched this tonight on Hallmark channel....loved it. I was left wondering why Willie did not ask his father to stand up for him, instead of Mr Edwards

yes.Nancy thinks everythings about her lol

Back to top Go down
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

Number of posts : 1056

PostSubject: Re: May i have this dance.   May i have this dance. EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 10:02 pm

I watched this tonight with my college-age daughter, she never saw Willie in later episodes. She didn't like most of the later ones but this one was a "thumbs up". She asked if they ever showed the couple again and I couldn't remember if they did beyond the last show.
That scene where he tells mom off is priceless, the only thing that marred the show a bit for me is Nancy, but she had a minor part.
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

Number of posts : 9374
Mood : May i have this dance. Bokmal10

PostSubject: Willie and Rachel   May i have this dance. EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 1:55 pm

I never thought Jonathon got the credit he deserved for his great work on Little House.
So, while listening to a great song by Scott Krippayne, I got the idea of doing a tribute to what I think was Jonathon's BEST performance........
Visit Scott at https://www.youtube.com/user/scottkrippayne

"Albert, do you REALLY think you are old enough to know what love is?"
"I must be Pa. I love you, I have for a long time."
Back to top Go down
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

Number of posts : 1056

PostSubject: Re: May i have this dance.   May i have this dance. EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 6:35 pm

That first pic is so cute, you forget how young and small he was in the beginning.
I don't know why he wasn't given more of a role later, he was a recurring character and not a "one time" but it was nice to be reminded by that show he could carry his own.

I don't want to speculate but I wonder if at times he wanted more..but again, I don't want to put ideas in his head that never were there.

I think Youtube took them down, but Richard Bull's interview was nice and he was very kind toward Jonathan, you could tell he liked him and thought he was a fine young man at the time.
Back to top Go down
jessicamarie
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
jessicamarie

Number of posts : 142

PostSubject: Re: May i have this dance.   May i have this dance. EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 11:36 pm

Davetucson wrote:
I never thought Jonathon got the credit he deserved for his great work on Little House.
So, while listening to a great song by Scott Krippayne, I got the idea of doing a tribute to what I think was Jonathon's BEST performance........
Visit Scott at https://www.youtube.com/user/scottkrippayne

That was a great video! Thanks for sharing!
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136

PostSubject: Re: May i have this dance.   May i have this dance. EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 12:10 am

Loved this beatiful video and it's true that Jomathan Gilbert did a GREAT job in this movie. he showed he could REALLY act! Thumbsup

Vanesa.

May i have this dance. Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
Kristina
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Kristina

Number of posts : 7863

PostSubject: Re: May i have this dance.   May i have this dance. EmptyFri Jan 03, 2014 8:13 am

I watched this episode last night for the first time in a while, and I really enjoyed it. It was nice to see Willie grown up and matured- in some of his younger years, it seemed almost impossible that he might ever become mature! I am glad that the show ended with him being seen as an adult.

I also enjoyed seeing everyone in the Oleson family stand up to Harriet in this episode- Willie, Nels, and even spoiled Nancy. I wish there had been more episodes where this had happened.
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: Re: May i have this dance.   May i have this dance. EmptyFri Jan 03, 2014 8:39 am

ingallsfan2008 wrote:
I watched this episode last night for the first time in a while, and I really enjoyed it. It was nice to see Willie grown up and matured- in some of his younger years, it seemed almost impossible that he might ever become mature! I am glad that the show ended with him being seen as an adult.

I also enjoyed seeing everyone in the Oleson family stand up to Harriet in this episode- Willie, Nels, and even spoiled Nancy. I wish there had been more episodes where this had happened.

One of the BEST!

Back to top Go down
MankatoJoe
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler
MankatoJoe

Number of posts : 419
Mood : May i have this dance. Pbucket

PostSubject: Re: May i have this dance.   May i have this dance. EmptyFri Apr 03, 2015 10:58 am

I could barely sustain my interest to the end of this episode. Not great, imo.
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: Re: May i have this dance.   May i have this dance. EmptyFri Apr 03, 2015 11:14 am

Well, you loved Fagin..........50% right isn't bad! LOL!

Just kidding!

Back to top Go down
MankatoJoe
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler
MankatoJoe

Number of posts : 419
Mood : May i have this dance. Pbucket

PostSubject: Re: May i have this dance.   May i have this dance. EmptyFri Apr 03, 2015 11:44 am

Season 9 has been hot and cold for me; some of the episodes like the first one, Marvin's Garden, and of course the two-parter with Charles and Albert I thought were pretty good.

Others, a lot of filler material. But I do like 2 of the 3 movies a lot. Anyway, I'm back to Season 1 next week.
Back to top Go down
Kristina
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Kristina

Number of posts : 7863

PostSubject: Re: May i have this dance.   May i have this dance. EmptyWed Oct 12, 2016 9:59 am

One of my favorite parts of this episode is that Willie finally stands up to his mother- it was about time Willie! So often he argued with her or got into trouble but he always did what she wanted, even as he got older. I'm glad Willie grew from the brat he was at the beginning of the show into the fine young man who married Rachel.
Back to top Go down
amyk
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler

Number of posts : 540

PostSubject: Re: May i have this dance.   May i have this dance. EmptyMon Apr 12, 2021 9:20 pm

I really like this episode, except that it is a bit weird to once again have someone who supposedly has lived in Walnut Grove for years but we never heard of her until now (Mrs. Flannery). But the part I really love is the stuff with Willie, Rachel, and Mr. and Mrs. Oleson. I especially love the ending......aw, Nels really does love Harriet! I also laughed out loud when Willie exclaims that he chose Mr. Edwards to be his best man, knowing how Harriet feels about Mr. Edwards!
Back to top Go down
amyk
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler

Number of posts : 540

PostSubject: Re: May i have this dance.   May i have this dance. EmptyMon Apr 12, 2021 9:23 pm

I absolutely loved this episode.    I t was wonderful to see Willie grew up to be a wonderful man who fell in love........

I don't know of any weddings where a parent has been a best man or matron of honor, although I don't know that there's any legal reason they can't do that. However, I think Willie chose Mr. Edwards just to spite his mother, knowing how much she can't stand him. I was actually more surprised they asked Nancy to be the maid of honor. I would think Rachel would have wanted someone who she was actually friends with to do that, or maybe even ask Laura or Etta Plum to be that. But maybe she was hoping it would help make some peace with Willie's side of the family.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: May i have this dance.   May i have this dance. Empty

Back to top Go down

May i have this dance.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Little House on the Prairie :: Little House on the Prairie :: Episode Reviews :: SEASON 9 and MOVIES-
Jump to: