Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Lesson for adults and children

Go down 
+6
Honeybee
Amy
Rhonda
Rob
Krissy
Joe
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Joe
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
Joe

Number of posts : 875
Mood : Lesson for adults and children  Innoce10

Lesson for adults and children  Empty
PostSubject: Lesson for adults and children    Lesson for adults and children  EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 12:47 am

I thought long and hard about posting this youtube video here in the Little House Forum. I decided it needs to be seen even though there is cussing in it. We are raising a generation of kids with no respect for what others do for them in trying to raise them as responsible adults. The internet is turning tweens and teens into monsters. The dad in this video has had enough. Please watch the entire video and show it to everyone you know. This man just may have started a revolution.
Note that the dad does not cuss, he is quoting from his 15 year old daughter's facebook page.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kl1ujzRidmU&feature=player_embedded

"Willie, were you or were you not looking at the corsett ads in the catalogue?" - Nels

Lesson for adults and children  Pbucket
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45733
Mood : Lesson for adults and children  Headac10

PostSubject: Re: Lesson for adults and children    Lesson for adults and children  EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 10:06 am

I agree with everything you said...

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62619
Mood : Lesson for adults and children  Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: Lesson for adults and children    Lesson for adults and children  EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 10:15 am

Thanks for posting that. Lesson for adults and children  70708
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21172
Mood : Lesson for adults and children  Purple2

PostSubject: Re: Lesson for adults and children    Lesson for adults and children  EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 3:30 pm

Tough Love is hard....but necessary.....if there were more parents like him out there, the world wouldn't be filled with such disrespectful kids......KUDOS to him! Thumbsup

Lesson for adults and children  Rhonda10Lesson for adults and children  Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62619
Mood : Lesson for adults and children  Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: Lesson for adults and children    Lesson for adults and children  EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 3:52 pm

I just watched the whole thing. Didn't realize there was gunplay. I understand the guy's point, but he does scare me a little. Lesson for adults and children  987572
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Lesson for adults and children  Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Lesson for adults and children    Lesson for adults and children  EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 3:58 pm

Rhonda wrote:
Tough Love is hard....but necessary.....if there were more parents like him out there, the world wouldn't be filled with such disrespectful kids......KUDOS to him! Thumbsup

Exactly. That was definitely tough love! I have no doubt that he sent that message clearer to his daughter than anything else could have!
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: Lesson for adults and children    Lesson for adults and children  EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 5:13 pm

Least that father is teaching his kids how things should be

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Honeybee
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Honeybee

Number of posts : 3565
Mood : Lesson for adults and children  Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Lesson for adults and children    Lesson for adults and children  EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 6:13 pm

Cracks me up. When she wrote that on facebook. She has hard life. Wow, she doesn't know what hard life is. She can't do simple chores. wipe the counter, making her bed sweep the kitchen floor, etc... To me, she's the kind of teenager who won't help her parents & step mom if they ever bed ridden. Love it, when he shot her laptop. I'm sure, she complain to her friends.

Teenager girl: my dad shot laptop. my life is over. I have no more facebook, I can't go online. My life is so hard.

Her friends: Your dad is mean.

Me: *roll eyes.*

wootwoot
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: Lesson for adults and children    Lesson for adults and children  EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 6:52 pm

What a brat.There is more to life then stupid fb.lol......Teens today.some really makes me shake my head.I'm sure she will get some one to buy her a new one.

Back to top Go down
Honeybee
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Honeybee

Number of posts : 3565

PostSubject: Re: Lesson for adults and children    Lesson for adults and children  EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 8:15 pm

sweetkrissy2011 wrote:
What a brat.There is more to life then stupid fb.lol......Teens today.some really makes me shake my head.I'm sure she will get some one to buy her a new one.

Yup. I saw lot of teenagers on FB. acting like brat. I don't have fb anymore. I don't miss it. Just miss playing games on there. I wasn't really missing much.

wootwoot
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: Lesson for adults and children    Lesson for adults and children  EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 8:28 pm

Buttercup wrote:
sweetkrissy2011 wrote:

Yup. I saw lot of teenagers on FB. acting like brat. I don't have fb anymore. I don't miss it. Just miss playing games on there. I wasn't really missing much.
Some teens have such not so nice pics up to gain attention.The wrong attention/

Back to top Go down
Julia
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Julia

Number of posts : 1871
Mood : Lesson for adults and children  Cloud910

PostSubject: Re: Lesson for adults and children    Lesson for adults and children  EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 8:38 pm

I agree with everything except shooting the computer. IMO, get rid of it by giving it to someone maybe. Or just lock it up in your closet. Waste of money to shoot it--but this is coming from a penny pincher.Lesson for adults and children  811339

"The beauty of a woman is incredibly radiant when she finds her identity, her confidence, & her hope in Christ alone. "  

Lesson for adults and children  JuliaKeeper
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: Lesson for adults and children    Lesson for adults and children  EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 8:49 pm

Yeah.Maybe the dad did it has a point or was mad.

Back to top Go down
littlehousefan200
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
littlehousefan200

Number of posts : 6161
Mood : Lesson for adults and children  Confus10

PostSubject: Re: Lesson for adults and children    Lesson for adults and children  EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 9:25 pm

Oh my goodness!! That's awful, what the girl said. If I ever said anything like that... affraid I guess she needed to be taught a lesson.
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: Lesson for adults and children    Lesson for adults and children  EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 9:28 pm

She did.Teens need to learn to respect theire parents

Back to top Go down
littlehousefan200
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
littlehousefan200

PostSubject: Re: Lesson for adults and children    Lesson for adults and children  EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 9:32 pm

sweetkrissy2011 wrote:

I agree. I really don't being around kids, especially girls my age who will backtalk their parents, and act like they are proud of it. Huh?
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: Lesson for adults and children    Lesson for adults and children  EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 9:37 pm

littlehousefan200 wrote:
sweetkrissy2011 wrote:

I agree. I really don't being around kids, especially girls my age who will backtalk their parents, and act like they are proud of it. Huh?

I understand that.When i was your age i didn't like being around some girls either cuz of the way they acted. All i know that is if i was like .(acting like a brat.) My parents would have NOT been too happy. I think today some teeens don't appreacte what they have.

I NEVER had iphones,Ipads,Ipods when i was a teen..They have so much more then i did at that age.Heck i had no FB> Smile

Back to top Go down
alexczarn
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 22999
Mood : Lesson for adults and children  Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Lesson for adults and children    Lesson for adults and children  EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 9:48 pm

I think it's fair enough to be honest. There comes a time where they're gonna have to learn the tough way.

Lesson for adults and children  Alexke11
Back to top Go down
alexczarn
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 22999
Mood : Lesson for adults and children  Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Lesson for adults and children    Lesson for adults and children  EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 9:48 pm

sweetkrissy2011 wrote:

I totally agree.

Lesson for adults and children  Alexke11
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: Lesson for adults and children    Lesson for adults and children  EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 9:52 pm

alexczarn wrote:
I think it's fair enough to be honest. There comes a time where they're gonna have to learn the tough way.

yes,for sure. Thumbsup

Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: Lesson for adults and children    Lesson for adults and children  EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 9:52 pm

alexczarn wrote:
sweetkrissy2011 wrote:

I totally agree.

It's very sad.Parents need to keep a close eye on what kids do online.

Back to top Go down
littlehousefan200
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
littlehousefan200

PostSubject: Re: Lesson for adults and children    Lesson for adults and children  EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 9:55 pm

Yeah I know someone in college who's roomate didn't even know how to wash or iron clothes and my friend had to show her how to start a washing machine because her parents never assigned her any chores. I think that's sad; you have to learn when you're younger, and you might not like it at the time, but in the long run, it will help you. Teach a good work ethic, IMHO.
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: Lesson for adults and children    Lesson for adults and children  EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 9:57 pm

littlehousefan200 wrote:
Yeah I know someone in college who's roomate didn't even know how to wash or iron clothes and my friend had to show her how to start a washing machine because her parents never assigned her any chores. I think that's sad; you have to learn when you're younger, and you might not like it at the time, but in the long run, it will help you. Teach a good work ethic, IMHO.

Wow.That is sad.

Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136

PostSubject: Re: Lesson for adults and children    Lesson for adults and children  EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 1:12 pm

Rhonda wrote:

You've said it, Rhonda! And yes, Joe...some parents are raising mosnter inestead of children and teens... No

Vanesa.

Lesson for adults and children  Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
Julia
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Julia

Number of posts : 1871
Mood : Lesson for adults and children  Cloud910

PostSubject: Re: Lesson for adults and children    Lesson for adults and children  EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 9:27 pm

I never got a cell phone until I was 14, and I didn't even text until I was almost 16. I still do not have my own computer/laptop and am fine with that. Same with a tv in my room. I just have a mini dvd player that I watch my dvd's on in my room which is the only thing I care to watch really. I do not have an IPOD either. I am pretty basic and fine with it.

"The beauty of a woman is incredibly radiant when she finds her identity, her confidence, & her hope in Christ alone. "  

Lesson for adults and children  JuliaKeeper
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lesson for adults and children    Lesson for adults and children  Empty

Back to top Go down

Lesson for adults and children
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next