Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Davey Jones dead at 66

Go down 
+8
Gin
Amy
Honeybee
bethandmanly
Julia
Rob
Rhonda
Joe
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Joe
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
Joe

Number of posts : 875
Mood : Davey Jones dead at 66 Innoce10

Davey Jones dead at 66 Empty
PostSubject: Davey Jones dead at 66   Davey Jones dead at 66 EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 3:00 pm

"Willie, were you or were you not looking at the corsett ads in the catalogue?" - Nels

Davey Jones dead at 66 Pbucket
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21172
Mood : Davey Jones dead at 66 Purple2

PostSubject: Re: Davey Jones dead at 66   Davey Jones dead at 66 EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 3:02 pm

WOW! So sad....he was such a great singer and actor......he will be missed.... Blue

Davey Jones dead at 66 Rhonda10Davey Jones dead at 66 Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62619
Mood : Davey Jones dead at 66 Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: Davey Jones dead at 66   Davey Jones dead at 66 EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 3:08 pm

They're saying he died in his sleep. That's a consolation, anyway.
Back to top Go down
Julia
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Julia

Number of posts : 1871
Mood : Davey Jones dead at 66 Cloud910

PostSubject: Re: Davey Jones dead at 66   Davey Jones dead at 66 EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 3:16 pm

WHAT!? Davey Jones dead at 66 18022

"The beauty of a woman is incredibly radiant when she finds her identity, her confidence, & her hope in Christ alone. "  

Davey Jones dead at 66 JuliaKeeper
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: Davey Jones dead at 66   Davey Jones dead at 66 EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 3:21 pm

Davey Jones dead at 66 Consoling-smiley Julia.
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : Davey Jones dead at 66 Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Davey Jones dead at 66   Davey Jones dead at 66 EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 3:33 pm

I could not believe this when I heard it. How sad.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Honeybee
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Honeybee

Number of posts : 3565

PostSubject: Re: Davey Jones dead at 66   Davey Jones dead at 66 EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 3:41 pm

I just read this over @ Twitter. Then, I read it on the article. Took me for while, for Davy Jone was. Until someone mention The Monkees. I Thought about Julia.

RIP Davy Jones

wootwoot
Back to top Go down
Julia
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Julia

PostSubject: Re: Davey Jones dead at 66   Davey Jones dead at 66 EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 3:45 pm

I had a hard time believing it at first. I saw it on my Tumblr, then here. I finally searched it and found out it was true..it is the biggest news on my facebook, twitter, and Tumblr. Wow...so sad. And he was the youngest too.

"The beauty of a woman is incredibly radiant when she finds her identity, her confidence, & her hope in Christ alone. "  

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Davey Jones dead at 66 Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Davey Jones dead at 66   Davey Jones dead at 66 EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 5:24 pm

Wow, such a shock. Blue He was a big part of many of our history, for sure. I'll never forget when he guest starred on Brady Bunch and I almost keeled over when I saw him! He was such a cutie. I saw a picture of him performing a couple of years ago and he looked SO happy....that was a man filled with joy.

Rob wrote:
They're saying he died in his sleep. That's a consolation, anyway.

Oh, that is a relief.
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920

PostSubject: Re: Davey Jones dead at 66   Davey Jones dead at 66 EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 5:28 pm

Boy, we are just loosing all the good ones. Don't you wish you could plant a music tree in their honor? Something that would just play and play forever. gardening

Davey Jones dead at 66 Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
Julia
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Julia

PostSubject: Re: Davey Jones dead at 66   Davey Jones dead at 66 EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 5:48 pm

Well, I know who my next video tribute will be about.

Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45733
Mood : Davey Jones dead at 66 Headac10

PostSubject: Re: Davey Jones dead at 66   Davey Jones dead at 66 EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 6:03 pm

so sad Blue

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Honeybee
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Honeybee

PostSubject: Re: Davey Jones dead at 66   Davey Jones dead at 66 EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 7:46 pm

Davy Jones was my mom's favorite. She heard it on the news. She grew up listening to The Monkees. She was only 10. when they started it. So, she saw The Monkees show. I saw the re-runs back in the 80's. Been so long. I think, my favorite was Micky or Mike.

wootwoot
Back to top Go down
Julia
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Julia

PostSubject: Re: Davey Jones dead at 66   Davey Jones dead at 66 EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 7:50 pm

Buttercup wrote:
Davy Jones was my mom's favorite. She heard it on the news. She grew up listening to The Monkees. She was only 10. when they started it. So, she saw The Monkees show. I saw the re-runs back in the 80's. Been so long. I think, my favorite was Micky or Mike.

My Mom was about the same age when the show came out as well. Her favorite was Davy as well.

Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: Davey Jones dead at 66   Davey Jones dead at 66 EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 8:03 pm

This a guy named Larry who has a music channel on YouTube. Here's his tribute to Davy.

Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45733
Mood : Davey Jones dead at 66 Headac10

PostSubject: Re: Davey Jones dead at 66   Davey Jones dead at 66 EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 8:07 pm

he was like 4 years younger then my mom

Nice tribute

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Davey Jones dead at 66   Davey Jones dead at 66 EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 9:49 pm

He has a beautiful voice and gives the credit to Davey.....a great tribute to Davey....Hard to believe he is gone...... Blue

Back to top Go down
alexczarn
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 22999
Mood : Davey Jones dead at 66 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Davey Jones dead at 66   Davey Jones dead at 66 EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 10:12 pm

Awww :/ that's sad!

Davey Jones dead at 66 Alexke11
Back to top Go down
Julia
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Julia

PostSubject: Re: Davey Jones dead at 66   Davey Jones dead at 66 EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 10:38 pm

Heard today on ET that he died while tending his horses according to his wife. They said he had a physical a month ago and had the heart of a 17 year old....so something had to have gone wrong. Until today I did not realize how much horses were a part of his life. He loved them. I knew he was a jockey before the Monkees, but I had thought that was it. They said he would even sing to his horses. Wow. All the more reason to love him.

One of my favorite of Davy's songs.

Back to top Go down
Honeybee
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Honeybee

PostSubject: Re: Davey Jones dead at 66   Davey Jones dead at 66 EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 12:29 am

MissYoungClassic wrote:
Buttercup wrote:

My Mom was about the same age when the show came out as well. Her favorite was Davy as well.

Oh, That's cool. Thumbsup

wootwoot
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Davey Jones dead at 66   Davey Jones dead at 66 EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 12:48 am

Good article and video from Nightly News and the Today Show on Davey and the Monkees...... Thumbsup

MSN Entertainment

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417

PostSubject: Re: Davey Jones dead at 66   Davey Jones dead at 66 EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 12:59 am

Rhonda wrote:
He has a beautiful voice and gives the credit to Davey.....a great tribute to Davey....Hard to believe he is gone...... Blue

That was a really heart-felt tribute, Rob...you can tell Davy meant the world to this guy. Really sweet.
Back to top Go down
ChristineLovesLHOTP
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
ChristineLovesLHOTP

Number of posts : 227

PostSubject: Re: Davey Jones dead at 66   Davey Jones dead at 66 EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 1:04 am

Gin wrote:
Boy, we are just loosing all the good ones. Don't you wish you could plant a music tree in their honor? Something that would just play and play forever. gardening

yes....

“I am beginning to learn that it is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all.”
― Laura Ingalls Wilder
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Davey Jones dead at 66   Davey Jones dead at 66 EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 1:05 am

Rhonda wrote:
Good article and video from Nightly News and the Today Show on Davey and the Monkees...... Thumbsup

MSN Entertainment

Make sure you keep watching the videos, they have one that is 45 minutes or so long......from the Smithsonian Channel.
batEyes

Back to top Go down
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

Number of posts : 4828
Mood : Davey Jones dead at 66 Happy011

PostSubject: Re: Davey Jones dead at 66   Davey Jones dead at 66 EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 7:04 pm

I cried when my friend texted me and told me this. I am in total shock and very upset, he was not that old and was the youngest of the group. I loved these guys! bawling

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Davey Jones dead at 66   Davey Jones dead at 66 Empty

Back to top Go down

Davey Jones dead at 66
Page 1 of 1