Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Hunger Games

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45732
Mood : The Hunger Games Headac10

The Hunger Games Empty
PostSubject: The Hunger Games   The Hunger Games EmptyFri May 04, 2012 9:45 pm

I have not read the books or watched the movie. I was just woundering if any one has and if any one plans on doing so?. I'Ve heard good things about it.Then i heard bad things about it.

Is this a good books for young children to read?
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : The Hunger Games Bokmal10

The Hunger Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games   The Hunger Games EmptyFri May 04, 2012 10:52 pm

Not very young children, no. We're on the 3rd book of the trilogy now. My 10-year-old received the first book as a gift from her teacher, but I insisted on reading it together since I wasn't sure of the content. She loved the book so much, we're continuing with the series, though she doesn't understand all of it.

No swearing, but Peeta is referred to as Katniss's lover in the books--even though they have a chaste relationship. I don't feel the books are gratuitosly violent, but they are violent in spots. It's a story of children fighting one another to the death for the pleasure of the leaders in the Capitol. It's not a nice story.

It's definitely nothing I would have chosen to read on my own, but I have to admit I am hooked on the books and we went to see the movie. The characters in the books are very well-developed. Collins is an excellent writer.

Here's a link to my review of The Hunger Games book- http://thebookconnectionccm.blogspot.com/2012/01/book-review-hunger-games-by-suzanne.html - and movie - http://booktoursandmore.blogspot.com/2012/04/movie-review-hunger-games-2012.html - if you're interested.
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

The Hunger Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games   The Hunger Games EmptySat May 05, 2012 2:16 pm

I don't understand the apeal of the books.But that's just me.I can understand why the books wouldn't be a good read for young children.I'M not sure if i will read them yet. Thanks.

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

The Hunger Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games   The Hunger Games EmptySat May 05, 2012 11:50 pm

Some people say it's a reflection of today's society, which is why the stories are getting so much attention.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

The Hunger Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games   The Hunger Games EmptySun May 06, 2012 5:30 pm

It sounds like it could be.

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Annie K Ingalls
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

Number of posts : 61
Mood : The Hunger Games Angelic

The Hunger Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games   The Hunger Games EmptySun May 06, 2012 11:45 pm

I read the first half of the first book before going to see the movie and I absolutely loved it! Then I read all of the books after the fact; I have to say that the first two are really good. The third book is kinda meh, IMO and is much darker. It also ends on a somewhat depressing note. I would say that kids twelve and up would be fine reading the books since they are geared towards YA and not juvenile. It really depends on what type of genre you're interested in not to mention how the storyline is described to you; my dad was asking me about the movie since I was going to see it with my brother and apparently my description didn't do it justice and he thought it sounded horrible. Yeah, I know English is my native language, but sometimes I really stink at expressing myself. Ooops

Oh, and the movie directors and prodoucers did a fantastic job on the film, IMO, since they stayed pretty darn true to Suzanne Collins' writings.
Do I dare mention that the soundtrack is super awesome? Okay, I'm shutting up now because I sound like I'm obssessed with THG and I'm not. . .but they're very very good! HeeHee

Is it as plainly in our living shown, by slant and twist, which way the wind hath blown?-Adelaide Crapsey
"There is nothing in life that is free except for the grace of God."-True Grit
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

The Hunger Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games   The Hunger Games EmptyTue May 08, 2012 10:33 pm

I'M glad you enjoyed the books.

True everybody has different taste.

Back to top Go down
Kristina
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Kristina

Number of posts : 7863

The Hunger Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games   The Hunger Games EmptyWed Oct 31, 2012 12:44 pm

I read all three books in the series in eight days. Usually, the content of these books isn't something that I would be interested in at all, but for some reason... I loved these books! And I thought that the movie followed the book really well. If you haven't read the books yet, I reccomend at least starting the first one, you might wind up liking it Smile
Back to top Go down
maria1
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

Number of posts : 276
Mood : The Hunger Games Mornincoffee

The Hunger Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games   The Hunger Games EmptyFri Dec 05, 2014 10:59 pm

it sounds intresting to me. i will wish for them for christmas. greenS
Back to top Go down
maria1
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

Number of posts : 276
Mood : The Hunger Games Mornincoffee

The Hunger Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games   The Hunger Games EmptyWed Dec 24, 2014 4:13 pm

i got hunger games from my dad.  Smile
Back to top Go down
Kristina
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Kristina

Number of posts : 7863

The Hunger Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games   The Hunger Games EmptyWed Jun 21, 2017 10:46 am

I recently had to reread The Hunger Games for a literature class I had to take for school. Nobody knows how to ruin a good book like a college professor does, that's for sure!
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

The Hunger Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games   The Hunger Games EmptyMon Jun 26, 2017 12:22 am

I bet.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Hunger Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games   The Hunger Games Empty

Back to top Go down

The Hunger Games
Page 1 of 1