Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

How Did Michael Pick His Screen Name?

Go down 
+7
Krissy
Vanesa
Honeybee
Rhonda
Praire Girl
Shell
Davetucson
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

Number of posts : 9374
Mood : How Did Michael Pick His Screen Name? - Page 2 Bokmal10

How Did Michael Pick His Screen Name? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How Did Michael Pick His Screen Name?   How Did Michael Pick His Screen Name? - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 23, 2015 6:57 pm

LauraIngallsfan wrote:
Wow, I just found this thread when I was searching for something else.... I too am very surprised! I just thought that Michael Landon was his real name, I never would have thought that it would be something like Eugene Orowitz!

Dave, don't be too hard on me, I have only been into little house since January! Wink

I must say I learn something new every day! HeeHee

Good for you kiddo! But you have to admit, he picked a good one didn't he? Learn one thing every day and you will learn a lot! I try to!

"Albert, do you REALLY think you are old enough to know what love is?"
"I must be Pa. I love you, I have for a long time."
Back to top Go down
LauraIngallsfan
"Psalm 73"
How Did Michael Pick His Screen Name? - Page 2 MatthewRank
LauraIngallsfan

Number of posts : 9265
Mood : How Did Michael Pick His Screen Name? - Page 2 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: How Did Michael Pick His Screen Name?   How Did Michael Pick His Screen Name? - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 23, 2015 7:04 pm

He sure did! Laughing

“I am beginning to learn that it is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all.”  - Laura Ingalls Wilder

How Did Michael Pick His Screen Name? - Page 2 Laurai10
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/mylittlehouselibrary/
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62619
Mood : How Did Michael Pick His Screen Name? - Page 2 Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: How Did Michael Pick His Screen Name?   How Did Michael Pick His Screen Name? - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 23, 2015 7:27 pm

That is a seriously cool name. It must be hard learning to answer to a new first name. Smile

Here's a clip of Michael on Match Game, '73... the year before Little House. Notice he was "Mike."

Back to top Go down
MankatoJoe
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler
MankatoJoe

Number of posts : 419
Mood : How Did Michael Pick His Screen Name? - Page 2 Pbucket

PostSubject: Re: How Did Michael Pick His Screen Name?   How Did Michael Pick His Screen Name? - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 23, 2015 9:45 pm

Much like Elton John's real name of Reginald Dwight, I don't think ML would have got so far with his original name.
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

Number of posts : 9374
Mood : How Did Michael Pick His Screen Name? - Page 2 Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: How Did Michael Pick His Screen Name?   How Did Michael Pick His Screen Name? - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 24, 2015 6:36 am

I somehow think  that his real name would not have had the same ring to it!

How Did Michael Pick His Screen Name? - Page 2 Starri10

"Albert, do you REALLY think you are old enough to know what love is?"
"I must be Pa. I love you, I have for a long time."
Back to top Go down
LauraIngallsfan
"Psalm 73"
How Did Michael Pick His Screen Name? - Page 2 MatthewRank
LauraIngallsfan

Number of posts : 9265
Mood : How Did Michael Pick His Screen Name? - Page 2 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: How Did Michael Pick His Screen Name?   How Did Michael Pick His Screen Name? - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 24, 2015 9:01 am

No, you are right... just doesn't have the right ring to it! Of course, if we were used to it, I am sure it would seem better, but it still would be a bit strange!

“I am beginning to learn that it is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all.”  - Laura Ingalls Wilder

How Did Michael Pick His Screen Name? - Page 2 Laurai10
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/mylittlehouselibrary/
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21172
Mood : How Did Michael Pick His Screen Name? - Page 2 Purple2

PostSubject: Re: How Did Michael Pick His Screen Name?   How Did Michael Pick His Screen Name? - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 24, 2015 9:03 am

This is from IMDB (Internet Movie Data Base).  As you can see, one of 'Michael's' nicknames was "Emo" (using his initials) so at least we know he wasn't hiding his given name; he just knew the new name would make a better screen name; which it did.  batEyes IMDB~Michael Landon

Date of Birth~31 October 1936, Forest Hills, Queens, New York City, New York, USA
Date of Death~1 July 1991, Malibu, California, USA  (pancreatic and liver cancer)
Birth Name Eugene Maurice Orowitz
Nicknames~Mike; Emo
Height 5' 9" (1.75 m)

Michael Landon was born Eugene Maurice Orowitz, on October 31, 1936, in Forest Hills, Queens, New York. In 1941, he and his family moved to Collingswood, New Jersey.

When Eugene was in high school, he participated -- and did very well -- in track and field, especially javelin throwing, and his athletic skills earned him a scholarship to USC. However, an accident injured his arm, ending his athletic career -- and his term at USC -- and he worked a number of odd jobs and small roles to make ends meet and decided that acting was for him. However, he thought that his real name was not a suitable one for an aspiring actor, and so "Michael Landon" was born.

How Did Michael Pick His Screen Name? - Page 2 Rhonda10How Did Michael Pick His Screen Name? - Page 2 Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How Did Michael Pick His Screen Name?   How Did Michael Pick His Screen Name? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

How Did Michael Pick His Screen Name?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2