Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Lisa Whelchel - Survivor

Go down 
+5
Rob
Gin
Krissy
Honeybee
Davetucson
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

Number of posts : 9374
Mood : Lisa Whelchel - Survivor  Bokmal10

Lisa Whelchel - Survivor  Empty
PostSubject: Lisa Whelchel - Survivor    Lisa Whelchel - Survivor  EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 2:15 pm

You take the good, you take the bad, you take them both and there you have... a "Survivor" contestant?
Lisa Whelchel - Survivor  Lisa10

Children of the ‘80s will remember Lisa Whelchel as Blair Warner, the spoiled blond who drove her roommates crazy for nine seasons on “Facts of Life.” In recent years, the former sitcom star has garnered headlines as the result of her, shall we say, creative approach to child discipline, but now Whelchel’s back in the news for a surprising new reason: CBS announced Monday that she’d be among the 18 castaways vying for a million-dollar prize on the upcoming season of “Survivor: Philippines."
Known for her perfectly coiffed hair and frequent clashes with tough girl Jo Polniaczek, Blair was hardly the type to rough it – which makes Whelchel’s upcoming stint as a castaway all the more intriguing. Will Blair Warner eat rats? Now that would be something.

Whelchel, an avid “Survivor” fan, describes being cast on the show as the fulfillment of a “longtime desire,” but that doesn’t mean it was much fun. On her website, she describes her days on the island as “the hardest thing I’ve ever done in my life” and compared them to childbirth. “I may need to put a few years behind me and some perspective in front of me before I would ever consider doing it again,” Whelchel wrote.

She’ll be joined on the island by several other famous-ish faces, including former professional baseball MPV Jeff Kent and two beauty pageant winners, though, sadly, none of her “Facts of Life” cast mates.

Whelchel can now add “reality star” to a long and rather eclectic resume. While “The Facts of Life” was still on the air, the actress recorded a Christian pop album, “All Because of You.” Since the show went off the air in 1988, she’s made a name for herself as a speaker and author of 10 books about religion and child-rearing – including one called “Creative Correction: Extraordinary Ideas for Everyday Discipline,” in which she advocates “hot saucing” as a way of punishing disobedient kids.

To find out whether Whelchel has really learned the facts of life – rimshot! – tune in to “Survivor: Philippines” when it premieres Sept. 19.
Back to top Go down
Honeybee
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Honeybee

Number of posts : 3565

PostSubject: Re: Lisa Whelchel - Survivor    Lisa Whelchel - Survivor  EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 3:53 pm

Cool. I think, I'm gonna watch Survivor this year. Lisa Whelchel is one of my favorite actress. I'm gonna see, what other famous is going be in Survivor.

wootwoot
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45733
Mood : Lisa Whelchel - Survivor  Headac10

PostSubject: Re: Lisa Whelchel - Survivor    Lisa Whelchel - Survivor  EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 4:05 pm

oh wow!

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920
Mood : Lisa Whelchel - Survivor  Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Lisa Whelchel - Survivor    Lisa Whelchel - Survivor  EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 4:45 pm

I've got one of her books . She is a good author. Lets see how she does on Survivor.

Lisa Whelchel - Survivor  Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

Number of posts : 9374

PostSubject: Survivor   Lisa Whelchel - Survivor  EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 4:56 pm

'Survivor: Philippines': 'Facts of Life' star Lisa Whelchel and baseball MVP Jeff Kent highlight new cast
Lisa Whelchel - Survivor  Surviv10
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62618
Mood : Lisa Whelchel - Survivor  Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: Lisa Whelchel - Survivor    Lisa Whelchel - Survivor  EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 5:44 pm

Just off the top of my head, here are my picks for the best players this season. Lisa Whelchel - Survivor  185146

Lisa Whelchel - Survivor  Survivor-1
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

PostSubject: Re: Lisa Whelchel - Survivor    Lisa Whelchel - Survivor  EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 10:51 pm

ROBERT! I'M TELLIN!......LISA!!!!!! Get that pan out!!

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird
Misti

Number of posts : 4112
Mood : Lisa Whelchel - Survivor  Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Lisa Whelchel - Survivor    Lisa Whelchel - Survivor  EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 12:37 am

Gin wrote:
ROBERT! I'M TELLIN!......LISA!!!!!! Get that pan out!!

In honor of Lisa...... to ROBERT. Misti puts some chalk on her hands so she has a firm grip, narrows her eyes at him, and brings on the pain... Frying pan Frying pan Frying pan Frying pan Frying pan Frying pan Frying pan Frying pan Frying pan Frying pan Frying pan Frying pan Frying pan Frying pan Frying pan Frying pan Frying pan Frying pan Frying pan Frying pan

Lisa Whelchel - Survivor  HummerLisa Whelchel - Survivor  MistiKeeperLisa Whelchel - Survivor  Bookclub5Lisa Whelchel - Survivor  Rose
"I would fight for you - I'd lie for you - walk the wire for you - ya I'd die for you..."
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: Lisa Whelchel - Survivor    Lisa Whelchel - Survivor  EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 6:58 am

I count twenty. That may be a new record. Lisa Whelchel - Survivor  37207
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

PostSubject: Re: Lisa Whelchel - Survivor    Lisa Whelchel - Survivor  EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 10:35 am

WOW Misti, that was rough. I don't think he can see Fife now when he looks in the mirror. He!! he!!

Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: Lisa Whelchel - Survivor    Lisa Whelchel - Survivor  EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 10:48 am

Nope, now I bear a striking resemblance to Rock Hudson.

Lisa Whelchel - Survivor  Barney-Rock
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
Proverbs 3:5-6
Proverbs 3:5-6
LIWnut

Number of posts : 2539
Mood : Lisa Whelchel - Survivor  Cloud910

PostSubject: Re: Lisa Whelchel - Survivor    Lisa Whelchel - Survivor  EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 12:10 pm

Gees, Rob, do yo have bruises?

Lisa Whelchel - Survivor  MarilynKeeper Lisa Whelchel - Survivor  Bookclub2
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Lisa Whelchel - Survivor  Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428

PostSubject: Re: Lisa Whelchel - Survivor    Lisa Whelchel - Survivor  EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 12:51 pm

Gin wrote:
WOW Misti, that was rough. I don't think he can see Fife now when he looks in the mirror. He!! he!!

Wow is right! All I was going to post was

Lisa Whelchel - Survivor  Rapunz10

But then I had decided that it wouldn't be polite to come and post

when I hadn't been on the board very much lately. But

would still have been a lot less than twenty pans or so. batEyes Thanks for the help, Misti, since I didn't have a

in here.

Lisa Whelchel - Survivor  Whistl17

Marilyn, we're pros. batEyes We don't leave bruises.
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: Lisa Whelchel - Survivor    Lisa Whelchel - Survivor  EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 4:32 pm

Lisa Whelchel - Survivor  Th_tantrum Stop that! STOP THAT!!
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

PostSubject: Re: Lisa Whelchel - Survivor    Lisa Whelchel - Survivor  EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 7:03 pm

Its okay...you will be fine soon.

Lisa Whelchel - Survivor  1173510

Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: Lisa Whelchel - Survivor    Lisa Whelchel - Survivor  EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 7:10 pm

I've always been a fast healer.
Lisa Whelchel - Survivor  BarneyMirror
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Lisa Whelchel - Survivor    Lisa Whelchel - Survivor  EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 7:41 pm

Lisa Whelchel - Survivor  85958 That expression!!
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: Lisa Whelchel - Survivor    Lisa Whelchel - Survivor  EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 9:16 pm

Laughing

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

Number of posts : 4828
Mood : Lisa Whelchel - Survivor  Happy011

PostSubject: Re: Lisa Whelchel - Survivor    Lisa Whelchel - Survivor  EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 9:01 pm

I don't think celebrities should be on Survivor unless they do an a Survivor Celebrity edition where they are all famous and have to give their winning to charity. I think that would be awesome.

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Lisa Whelchel - Survivor    Lisa Whelchel - Survivor  EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 9:08 pm

You should email them with that idea, Beckie. That's a great idea!
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: Lisa Whelchel - Survivor    Lisa Whelchel - Survivor  EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 9:19 pm

Yeah..I agree.They really don't need the money...

Back to top Go down
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

PostSubject: Re: Lisa Whelchel - Survivor    Lisa Whelchel - Survivor  EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 12:30 pm

I bet they get requests for a celebrity edition all the time. Myabe if they get enough requests, they will do it! Lisa Whelchel - Survivor  702150

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: Lisa Whelchel - Survivor    Lisa Whelchel - Survivor  EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 5:43 pm

MattLabMyLove wrote:
I bet they get requests for a celebrity edition all the time. Myabe if they get enough requests, they will do it! Lisa Whelchel - Survivor  702150

grinsmiley
Back to top Go down
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird
Misti

Number of posts : 4112

PostSubject: Re: Lisa Whelchel - Survivor    Lisa Whelchel - Survivor  EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 6:25 pm

Lisa wrote:
Gin wrote:

Wow is right! All I was going to post was

But then I had decided that it wouldn't be polite to come and post

when I hadn't been on the board very much lately. But

would still have been a lot less than twenty pans or so. batEyes Thanks for the help, Misti, since I didn't have a

in here.

Lisa Whelchel - Survivor  Whistl17

Marilyn, we're pros. batEyes We don't leave bruises.
You're welcome, Lisa! grinsmiley At least I know who I am hoping will be voted off first; the bimbos! HeeHee
ETA: But not Lisa! I am curious to see how she does; although I'll bet a lot of the players won't recognize her. That was before their time.

Lisa Whelchel - Survivor  HummerLisa Whelchel - Survivor  MistiKeeperLisa Whelchel - Survivor  Bookclub5Lisa Whelchel - Survivor  Rose
"I would fight for you - I'd lie for you - walk the wire for you - ya I'd die for you..."
Back to top Go down
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

PostSubject: Re: Lisa Whelchel - Survivor    Lisa Whelchel - Survivor  EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 6:31 pm

Male wise, this is the most unattractive cast they ever had, lol.

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lisa Whelchel - Survivor    Lisa Whelchel - Survivor  Empty

Back to top Go down

Lisa Whelchel - Survivor
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next