Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Journey

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
julmer70
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
julmer70

Number of posts : 3301
Mood : Journey Happy010

Journey Empty
PostSubject: Journey   Journey EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 12:58 pm

I was just wondering, who lives Journey's new singer, Arnel Pineda? I think he's amazing! I've never been too crazy about lead singers being replaced...and it's hard to think of anyone but Steve Perry singing for Journey. However, Arnel comes pretty close! Has anyone seen Journey w/Arnel?

I'll always love Steve Perry, and in my opinion, he'll ALWAYS be the best singer in Journey...but Arnel has really grown on me. I will be seeing them in concert next month (along w/Pat Benatar & Loverboy).
Back to top Go down
Kamberley
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
Kamberley

Number of posts : 628
Mood : Journey Indiff10

Journey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Journey   Journey EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 10:58 am

I haven't heard him Jules, have fun at the concert. I'd be more excited to see Loverboy!
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Journey Love-s10

Journey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Journey   Journey EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 2:23 pm

I love Journey! My hubby & sons all saw Journey & REO Speedwagon over the summer. I saw Arnel perform in 2003, when my hubby & I took our older son to see Journey, Styx and REO at the Palace in Detroit, for his 13th birthday. It was incredible. It's uncanny how similar Arnel's voice is to Steve's. Almost freaky! Yeah, I agree, no one tops Steve, but Arnel is a very VERY close second. Thumbsup Great performer too.

Last night, my hubby & sons went to see Rush at The Palace. Wow, were they pumped when they got home! My boys, (22 & 17) are retro boys...love the music from my hubby's and my 'day'. Man, do I sound old. Whistle But seriously, how many parents can say their kids love 'their' music more than their own generation's music?! And I don't blame them. Yikes

Have fun at the Journey concert, Julie! Thumbsup LOVE Pat Benatar too!!! Applause
Back to top Go down
julmer70
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
julmer70

Number of posts : 3301
Mood : Journey Happy010

Journey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Journey   Journey EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 2:58 pm

Kamberley, here's an old appearance of Arnel Pineda and Journey on the Oprah show. They perform "Don't Stop Believin'" at the end. Listen to that voice!

https://youtu.be/vORqmUeGTCg

Amy, I don't blame your kids for liking our music more than their own generation's. That's pretty cool actually! This generation's music, unfortunately is so bad (IMO) and I kinda feel sorry for kids today. Rush...that must have been a great show! Smile

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Journey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Journey   Journey Empty

Back to top Go down

Journey
Page 1 of 1