Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Have you ever had one of those days...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
julmer70
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
julmer70

Number of posts : 3301
Mood : Have you ever had one of those days... Happy010

Have you ever had one of those days... Empty
PostSubject: Have you ever had one of those days...   Have you ever had one of those days... EmptyFri Sep 21, 2012 8:41 am

Have you ever had one of those days, that you just wish you didn't care about anyone or anything? I'm having one of those days. I wish I didn't care...it's not as painful.

But...I do care...and a friend has let me down...again. This is not the first time this has happened...and knowing myself, it probably won't be the last. Why do I let people do this to me? Because I care too much...that's why! I wish there was a button where I can just turn that off.

I actually shouldn't care what she does to me anymore...part of me wants to ask her what her problem is; but another part of me says I should leave it alone. She's the type of person who just gets mad at someone...but doesn't actually tell them why...she just shuts you out. Then, it can be years later...when she's "ready" to be your friend again, she wants in. No explanations, nothing. I'm always giving her a chance. This is starting to get old.

I don't know about the rest of you...but...if someone is upset at you for something, and you have no idea why, shouldn't they tell you? Also, if you're friends, shouldn't you talk things out first before making hasty decisions? Even if the outcome is "I don't want to be friends anymore, I don't want to talk to you again," at least we talked! All she did was basically delete...and block me...from FB...no reason given. At first I thought she just left FB for a while, but she still had an app game open "words with friends", so I challenged her to a game. She denied it. It's not so much the game, it's the fact that now I know for sure she's upset with me about something...and for the life of me, I don't know why! I know I didn't do anything that drastic!

Sorry to vent here...but you've all been so nice to me. What should I do? Reach out, or forget about her already? Also, if she decides to "friend me" again...should I forgive her, accept it and possibly take this abuse once more; or should I just not accept it and move on? The latter is what most people would do...but once again, it comes down to caring too much. Life would be so much easier if I didn't. Sometimes I wish I was a b****.

Thanks for letting me vent! Now on to funner things! Maybe I should check out Davetucson's Matt Lab pics...those always make me feel better. Smile
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45733
Mood : Have you ever had one of those days... Headac10

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever had one of those days...   Have you ever had one of those days... EmptyFri Sep 21, 2012 9:42 am

I had a problem with a friend once too.We didn't talk for 3 months.but in the end we made up! Smile it was over something rather stupid.the best advice i can give is.Give your friend some space and if your friend is a true one they will come around. Smiley Hug

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
julmer70
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
julmer70

Number of posts : 3301
Mood : Have you ever had one of those days... Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever had one of those days...   Have you ever had one of those days... EmptyFri Sep 21, 2012 10:39 am

Thanks Krissy. She always does this though...and I can't understand why she would be so upset. I would like to know what it is, so I can explain myself or at least have a chance to apologize. She never gives me that chance.

I will give her some space. I won't push. I was going to call her, but it's better that I don't. I'm also going to try not to let this get to me. If she wants to talk to me, she'll know where to find me. LoveSite
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45733
Mood : Have you ever had one of those days... Headac10

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever had one of those days...   Have you ever had one of those days... EmptyFri Sep 21, 2012 11:23 am

Your welcome. I know how hard it can me. It drove me up the wall when my friend wasn't talking to me either. I hate when pplare mad at me. All you can do is say sorry. Yeah i would try too apologize and see what happends. Good luck!!!

What helped me was ppl on here.

i hope things work out for you.
Back to top Go down
Deem714
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

Number of posts : 68
Mood : Have you ever had one of those days... Party010

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever had one of those days...   Have you ever had one of those days... EmptyFri Sep 21, 2012 10:32 pm

Hi, Jules...

I totally know what you mean! I am in a new classroom this year and the lady who had the room last year is giving me all sorts of grief.

She shows up in the room to move her no-named stuff that was all over the room the day school starts!!! I was there a full week in advance and it took me two hours to move my things from two floors away. So she is going through all my things and saying "This is mine! This is mine!!!" Then she says something is hers when I had just bought it last night and had the reciept on me to prove it!!! She is all "Are you sure it isn't mine?..."
Then she steals an entire box of business card magnets (100 count) worth 25.00!! When I ask her about it she says..."I no take, I no thief!" but she invites me down to look in her room anyway. I find them in ten seconds.

She keeps on coming back to pick up the most bizarre things... Binders with information and lessons from like 10 years ago (they are even dated -- and the dust that was on them!) literally, 6 inches of contact paper!!!
The final straw was when she took all the computers with her, leaving me and my students with nothing. Our UFT rep has graciously let me use his UFT computer until we get it sorted out, but the administration is very upset with her for many things, and her taking stuff left and right doesn't help.
The funny thing... so she took her computers with her... she is forever asking me to set them up for her... Um, I am a teacher, I have my own class. I am not the computer tech or the Computer Para!!! In fact, a former computer para is now the second grade teacher down the hall, why not ask her? I do whenever I am at a loss.

But heaven forbid I have a question about the smartboard in my room... The thing is royally messed up!!! The Computer Para and the Science Guru both say it is beyond them!!

EDITED BY MODERATOR
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136
Mood : Have you ever had one of those days... Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever had one of those days...   Have you ever had one of those days... EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 12:38 am

I'll have this problem some time ago...and my friend didn't acept my apologies at all. She believed I have done something bad to her in ourpose and it wasn't the case. But I choose to let things go smooth, not to have negative feelings to her, and trying not to be ressentfull about her attitude. And after some six moths, she came around again, since she realized she was mistaken about me. Smile

If your friend is TRULY yoiur friend she'll come again . Smiley Hug

Vanesa.

Have you ever had one of those days... Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever had one of those days...   Have you ever had one of those days... Empty

Back to top Go down

Have you ever had one of those days...
Page 1 of 1