Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

LHOTP - The Reunion Story (You decide what happens)

Go down 
+9
Vanesa
LIWnut
jes9
ChristinaAL
charles ingalls
Gin
Misti
bethandmanly
Carol
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
charles ingalls
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
charles ingalls

Number of posts : 2009
Mood : LHOTP - The Reunion Story (You decide what happens) - Page 2 Happy010

LHOTP - The Reunion Story (You decide what happens) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: LHOTP - The Reunion Story (You decide what happens)   LHOTP - The Reunion Story (You decide what happens) - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 22, 2007 8:04 pm

it would misti

LHOTP - The Reunion Story (You decide what happens) - Page 2 GARYKEEPER
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : LHOTP - The Reunion Story (You decide what happens) - Page 2 Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: LHOTP - The Reunion Story (You decide what happens)   LHOTP - The Reunion Story (You decide what happens) - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 11, 2007 12:56 am

"Take a deep breath and tell me what's wrong," instructed Caroline.

"It's nothing really...I'm just being selfish."

"That's hard to believe. Come on, tell me."

"Oh, it's just that ever since I found out about Walnut Grove being rebuilt I miss everyone more than ever. Adam is busy at work on a huge murder case and he has absolutely no time for me or Susan. I just wish we lived closer so that I could come visit for a while."

"I miss all of you too." Caroline tried to think of some motherly advice to give her daughter. "Mary, you know that Adam never would have been able to give you all that he has if he hadn't moved to New York. And think of all the opportunties it's opened up for him."

"I know Ma, it's just..."

"Just what?"

"I would be happier living in a little house in Walnut Grove than I could be living in a mansion in New York. And Nellie's visit made it even worse."

"Nellie?"

"Yes, Nellie Dalton stopped by a few minutes ago. We got to talking about Walnut Grove and all those memories came racing back into my head."

"How is Nellie?"

"She's fine. The Olesons bought the general store in Sleepy Eye. I guess they're doing very well, according to her."

"I know. Nels wrote your Pa a while ago. It's hard to be so far apart from all our friends, especially knowing the place we all became friends is now alive and thriving. I do understand how you feel."

"Thanks Ma. I guess I better go get dinner ready. Adam is busy in his study, but I'm sure he'll be hungry soon."

Caroline's eyes lit up when she thought of it. "Mary, how long is Adam going to be tied up with this trial?"

"Who knows, it's the biggest trial we've seen in years."

"Do you think Adam would be opposed to Susan and you coming to Iowa for a short visit?"

Mary smiled at the possiblity of it. "I don't know. I doubt he would mind. We have the money, it's just that he's been too busy to take any time off this past year."

"Why don't you ask him. We would love to see you."

"I will. Thanks Ma. I love you."

Mary hung up the phone, feeling better than she had in months. The thought of seeing her family again thrilled her in ways she could never express. She heard the door to Adam's study open and his feet walking along the floor towards the kitchen. His arms encircled her waist.

"I'm sorry I was so terse with you," he said. "I'm just nervous about this case. It's the kind of thing that could make or break a lawyer."

Mary lifted her hands up to caress Adam's cheeks. "You aren't afraid you'll lose, are you? I thought this was a pretty air tight case."

"Anything can happen in the courtoom Mary, especially when powerful men are involved."

Adam pulled away from her. Mary thought she had heard a hitch in his voice. "I've been thinking...maybe it would be a good idea for Susan and you to move to a hotel until the trial is over."

"Why?"

"I'm defending an accused murderer and both sides have powerful friends and enemies. I would just feel better if the two of you weren't here while the trial was going on."

"But that means you're in danger too. I could never leave you..."

Adam grasped Mary's hands. "I'll be fine. They won't come after me. They would go after my loved ones. That's how it works." He drew her in closer. "Please, tell Susan you're going on an adventure and get out of the house for a while."

Mary kissed his cheek. "What if we left New York?"

"But where would you go?"

To be continued...

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665

PostSubject: Re: LHOTP - The Reunion Story (You decide what happens)   LHOTP - The Reunion Story (You decide what happens) - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 11, 2007 2:00 pm

Excellent! Applause

LHOTP - The Reunion Story (You decide what happens) - Page 2 Horses10
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: LHOTP - The Reunion Story (You decide what happens)   LHOTP - The Reunion Story (You decide what happens) - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 23, 2007 11:07 am

Don't leave Adam waiting for Mary's answer too long, he might lose interest. LOL!

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: LHOTP - The Reunion Story (You decide what happens)   LHOTP - The Reunion Story (You decide what happens) - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 23, 2007 1:27 pm

To Walnut Grove!

Mary, the town is gone. There is no chance you could live there. Or did you mean that you want to visti your parents?

No. I really mean to go back to Walnut Grove. They are going to rebuild it. That's what Nellie and I talked about this morning. And that's what my Mum talked about, too. They are thinking of moving back to Walnut Grove, as well as Laura and Almanzo.

You mean they truly plan to rebulid the town? What a crazy idea! They have a good living now and they plan to give this up just for the romantic memory of a town they loved?

It's not only the town but also the people! There were so wonderful people living there - it might be a chance to meet them. My parents never loved a town and their people as much as Walnut Grove.

Alright I understand. and you think it would be a good idea if you and Susan go back there till I'm done with my case?

We would meet the entire family and a lot of friends. And after you're done you could join us. It would be wonderful vacation.

well, it's worth a thought. It's at least far enough away from new York. I'd be sure that no one could harm you. But we have to be sure that the town is acutally going to be rebuilt and that there's someone you can stay with? Why don't you talk to Laura?

I will, Adam! I'm so glad you think it a good idea. I'd be so glad if it worked out.

If it makes you happy I won't stand against it, dear. Call Laura tomorrow and we'll see.

To be continued...
Back to top Go down
charles ingalls
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
charles ingalls

PostSubject: Re: LHOTP - The Reunion Story (You decide what happens)   LHOTP - The Reunion Story (You decide what happens) - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 23, 2007 1:56 pm

laura it's mary.... i'm coming home to walnut grove
laura that's great.... is the town almost finished... yes it is
laura hows rose... laura she's doing fine in her schooling
that's great.. is adam coming with you.. he will meet me there

when he's done with his case.. mary remember when the railroad was coming to walnut gove.. yes well there's a railroad
just outside of town.... i thought you and almonzo and the rest
was against it we was but after the town was gone is when the
railroad co built it i see mary said... mr edwards and almonzo supplied the lumber... hows mr edwards... just fine

and jenny... she's been a great help i hear she has a beau
laura laughs yes she does... that's wonderful
there's a knock on the wilder rental home mary i gotta go someone is here... ok laura it will be good to be back home
i love you love yo too... continued

Last edited by on Mon Jul 23, 2007 9:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
Proverbs 3:5-6
Proverbs 3:5-6
LIWnut

Number of posts : 2539
Mood : LHOTP - The Reunion Story (You decide what happens) - Page 2 Cloud910

PostSubject: Re: LHOTP - The Reunion Story (You decide what happens)   LHOTP - The Reunion Story (You decide what happens) - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 23, 2007 9:16 pm

Great story everyone!

LHOTP - The Reunion Story (You decide what happens) - Page 2 MarilynKeeper LHOTP - The Reunion Story (You decide what happens) - Page 2 Bookclub2
Back to top Go down
charles ingalls
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
charles ingalls

PostSubject: Re: LHOTP - The Reunion Story (You decide what happens)   LHOTP - The Reunion Story (You decide what happens) - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 23, 2007 9:50 pm

thanks... LI

Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: LHOTP - The Reunion Story (You decide what happens)   LHOTP - The Reunion Story (You decide what happens) - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 25, 2007 10:16 am

charles ingalls wrote:
laura it's mary.... i'm coming home to walnut grove
laura that's great.... is the town almost finished... yes it is
laura hows rose... laura she's doing fine in her schooling
that's great.. is adam coming with you.. he will meet me there

when he's done with his case.. mary remember when the railroad was coming to walnut gove.. yes well there's a railroad
just outside of town.... i thought you and almonzo and the rest
was against it we was but after the town was gone is when the
railroad co built it i see mary said... mr edwards and almonzo supplied the lumber... hows mr edwards... just fine

and jenny... she's been a great help i hear she has a beau
laura laughs yes she does... that's wonderful
there's a knock on the wilder rental home mary i gotta go someone is here... ok laura it will be good to be back home
i love you love yo too... continued

I'm sorry, but I'm a bit lost here and I have to ask a couple questions to figure out where to take the story next. It seems by this conversation between Mary and Laura, that Laura and Almanzo moved back to Walnut Grove already with Mr. Edwards. How could they provide the lumber otherwise?

But then we have the Wilders living in some type of rented place. So, are they still in Iowa or are they back in Walnut Grove? And if they are in WG, did the rest of the Ingalls family follow them?

Thanks. See what happens when a writer gets involved in fan fics. It always gets too complicated. LOL! I hope I haven't hurt your feelings in any way.

Cheryl

Back to top Go down
charles ingalls
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
charles ingalls

PostSubject: Re: LHOTP - The Reunion Story (You decide what happens)   LHOTP - The Reunion Story (You decide what happens) - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 25, 2007 12:51 pm

ok i know i did that wrong..... you can call me Roberto Orci
the writer for the transformers... cheryl no offence taken

Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: LHOTP - The Reunion Story (You decide what happens)   LHOTP - The Reunion Story (You decide what happens) - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 28, 2007 11:32 pm

Let's see if I can segway into a new section using part of the last post: After calling Laura, Mary is more excited than ever. Pa and Ma are considering a move back to Walnut Grove, as are Albert and his wife, and Laura and Almanzo. Mary decides she and Susan will join up with them in Burr Oak, Iowa and then see what happens.

At the train station in NY:

"Now you mind your mother."

"I will Papa." Susan embraced Adam tightly. "Come join us soon."

Adam smiled at his daughter. "As soon as I can. I promise." He kissed her cheek and then embraced Mary. "Call me as soon as you arrive. I want to know you're safe."

Nervous terror filled Mary's blue eyes. "We'll be fine," she said, her voice wavering. She knew it was the right thing to do, but she wished Adam was coming with them. She didn't like the thought of being away from him if he could be in danger.

"All aboard!" shouted the conductor.

Adam pulled Mary into a tender kiss. "I love you."

"I love you too."

Adam watched as the train pulled out of the station. He exhaled deeply. At least he didn't have to worry about anyone going after his family.

Back in Burr Oak:

"I really think we can make it Charles." Almanzo stood on the front porch of the Ingalls' home, his eyes focused on the undecided face of his father-in-law. "Laura's ready to go the minute you say yes."

"I'm surprised you want to leave. You've got more money in the bank than you've ever had."

Almanzo gazed up at the sky. The stars twinkled back at him, a light breeze brushing across his cheeks. "I can't say I ain't had my reservations. But Burr Oak will never be home. Not for me and not for Laura. I want Rose to grow up in the place she has heard so many stories about."

Charles shook his head. "It's not going to be the same Almanzo. There is a train station in the center of town. There will be more schools, more stores, maybe even a saloon. Why is that any different than here?"

"Because, it's where we all met. It's where I asked Laura to be my wife. Just because the town will be bigger, doesn't mean we won't feel the same way about it. And if we make our claims as soon as it's ready, we can help shape the town...keep it closer to what Lars Hanson wanted it to be."

"I don't know Almanzo. I've got a good job here. I'm supposed to give that up and become a farmer again--have my family hoping and praying for a good harvest every year."

Almanzo tapped Charles's arm. "Think about it. The town is bein rebuilt. Once they're done, people are still goin to need lumber for houses and carpenters to help build em. If the new Walnut Grove becomes popular, more people will start movin in; there'll be more houses and more chances at work. You can plant a small crop to feed the family, but you don't need to make a livin off it."

"And what about you? Are you going to leave that crop in the field--cash in the bank, just to chase some dream of living in Walnut Grove."

"Kinda. My friend Ed and I worked it all out. He'll pull in the harvest. He'll take whatever he needs for the winter and then we'll split the money he makes sellin it."

Charles paced for a long time, the wheels turning in his head. He knew Caroline and the kids wanted to go, but so much was unsure about moving out west again. And it would break everyone's heart if they had to pull up stakes and leave Walnut Grove a second time.

Almanzo placed his hand on Charles's shoulder. "I know it ain't an easy decision, but if it all works out, won't you and the family be happier in Walnut Grove than you could be anywhere else?"

Charles exhaled deeply. "When do we leave?"

To be continued...

Back to top Go down
charles ingalls
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
charles ingalls

PostSubject: Re: LHOTP - The Reunion Story (You decide what happens)   LHOTP - The Reunion Story (You decide what happens) - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 29, 2007 11:26 am

when mary calls we'll leave then.. almonzo i'm going to
tell caroline what we talked about... ok, almonzo to himself
a saloon there it's going to be hard on isaiah... it's going
to be tempting... caroline... yes charles... we need to talk
about what... caroline almonzo and i were talking
about moviing back to walnut grove... what ever for
he says he's not happy in burr oak.. caroline: when does he want to leave.. soon as mary arrives in walnut grove... he said
there maybe a saloon if there is edwards will be tempted

caroline i know but he has friends to help him... yes he does
you know caroline it will be good going back to walnut grove

even if it's a bigger town.. almonzo said they might need carpenters... to build houses .........to be continued

Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

Number of posts : 2761

PostSubject: Re: LHOTP - The Reunion Story (You decide what happens)   LHOTP - The Reunion Story (You decide what happens) - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 29, 2007 12:02 pm

(So many new developments, but I will try to jump in again anyway! grinsmiley

Laura felt something poke her in the back, and jumped in surprise. "What is that?" she exclaimed, as her brother held out a mess of wilted leaves and thorns.

"They're flowers," Albert said, mocking innocence. He held them out to Michelle. "Don't you want them?"

His wife threw the rag she'd been using to scrub the dishes at him. "It's...sweet of you to offer those beautiful flowers, but I think I'll pass."

He held them towards Laura again. "What about you?"

"I don't have time to play with you, little brother. I'm trying to help pack up three homes by the end of the week!" Laura hadn't missed a beat as she continued stacking cups in a wooden crate. Ever since Almanzo and her father had talked and decided they both wanted to return to Walnut Grove, Laura could hardly contain her excitement. She had never liked the hustle and bustle of the city and now, with the chance not only to get away from it but to return to the only place that had truly been "home", she felt like a little kid again. "I want to go fishing," she announced.

"Fishing?" Albert and Michelle asked at the same time.

"Yes," Laura replied. "At Plum Creek. And I want to take my daughter and your daughters with me. None of them has ever been."

Albert smiled. "I think that would be great."

"Are you excited about seeing Doc Baker?" Laura had filled the crate she'd been packing and motioned to Albert to move it to the floor. As he took it away, she began stacking plates in another.

"Yes," Albert admitted. "I can't believe we're going to have a practice together. It's like...we're living in a dream." He looked at Michelle then, thinking to himself, and didn't realize he was speaking outloud until the words were actually out. "Every day since I met you has been like a dream."

Michelle blushed, and Laura started to giggle. Albert felt his cheeks redden too. "Sorry," he said, reaching out to his wife and wrapping her in a big hug. "I would've thought that was something you'd want to hear."

"I think this is my cue to leave," Laura said before Michelle could answer. "Besides, I need to go walk home Rose from school."

As she walked past him, Albert grabbed her, pulling his sister into the hug too. "Maybe we could all go fishing first thing when we get back."

The women laughed at him as released both of them and Laura headed for the door. "I'll be back in a half hour!" she called.

"Okay. Thanks again!" Michelle called. She looked at Albert, smiling again, and, seeing he was still holding onto the "flowers", laughed again.

"What's so funny?" Albert asked. "I really did get these for you for our anniversary. Last week."

"I don't doubt that you got them last week," Michelle answered, shaking her head and turning back to the dishes.

"I forgot them because Doc Baker called, and, well, I've been so busy packing up my office that I kept forgetting them." He leaned down on the counter beside her. "Forgive me?"

Michelle looked back at him. "I'm too happy to stay upset at you for too long."

Albert smiled and, leaning in, kissed her gently.

LHOTP - The Reunion Story (You decide what happens) - Page 2 ChristinaKeeper2 LHOTP - The Reunion Story (You decide what happens) - Page 2 10bChristina

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
jes9
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
jes9

Number of posts : 1066

PostSubject: Re: LHOTP - The Reunion Story (You decide what happens)   LHOTP - The Reunion Story (You decide what happens) - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 29, 2007 8:51 pm

At Oleson's General Store in Sleepy Eye...

"Will there be anything else, Jonathan?", asked Nels Oleson to his long-time friend Jonathan Garvey. "No, that'll be it," Jonathan replied. "Say, Jonathan, did you hear about Walnut Grove?" "Sure have, Nels, I've been makin' deliveries out there every week now. The town's really growin'. Well, I'd better be goin'." "Always good seeing you, Jonathan", Nels said as his friend left the store.

Not a minute after Jonathan left the store, Nels was startled by his wife's seemingly urgent call from the office. "NELLLLS!", Harriet Oleson yelled. "NELLLLLS!" "What is it, dear?", Nels asked as he walked back to the office. "Oh, these numbers are a mess! Will you just look at this? I can't make any sense of this," Harriet complained. Nels looked over the figures, reassuring himself that everything was in order. "I don't see what the problem is," he said. "That's because YOU recorded the numbers, and YOU were never any good at bookkeeping!", Harriet insisted as she slammed the book on her desk. "Dear, I had to enter the numbers. You were sick, remember?", Nels replied. "Oh for heaven's sake!", Harriet sneered at her husband.

"Dear, let's forget about this for now. How long has it been since we've had a vacation?", Nels asked. "What?", replied Harriet. "A vacation. We haven't had a real vacation since before you went to the hospital in Minneapolis." "A vacation? We can't take a vacation. Why, who will run the store?", Harriet protested. "Willie and Nancy can take care of things while we're gone. Things are a little slow now, and it'll only be for a week," explained Nels. "Well, I don't know," thought Harriet, "Where would we go?" Nels' face brightened as he said, "I thought we could visit Walnut Grove." "Walnut Grove? Oh no, no, I can't go back there, not after what happened to our store, our home, our restaurant," Harriet said as she began to sob. "Harriet, we've been through this over and over. There wasn't anything we could do. I mean, Mr. Lassiter had the army to back him up. He had the legal right to the land, and we all made a decision that we weren't going to let him have what we had built on that land. Believe me, that Easter Sunday was the saddest day of my life." Harriet had heard the story many times, but no matter how many times she'd heard it, it was so difficult for her to accept. "Oh all right, dear, we'll take a vacation, and we'll go to Walnut Grove," Harriet decided. "Great!", Nels eagerly replied.

Nancy walked into the store, and seeing nobody there, shouted, "Mother? Father? Anybody here?" "Yes, precious, we're back here in the office!", shouted Harriet. Nancy walked back to the office and started to speak, "Mother, I...". Harriet interrupted to say, "Isn't it wonderful, dear? Your father and I are going to take a vacation, and you and Willie will get to run the store while we're gone." Nancy was horrifed at the thought. "Work in the store, Mother?", Nancy questioned disgustingly. Nels stepped in and said, "Yes, young lady. It's time you learned the value of hard work." "But I'll just die if Matthew doesn't ask me to the big dance!", Nancy protested. "Young lady, you need to get your priorities straight. Life isn't all about looking pretty and attending all the big social events. Now, your mother and I haven't had a vacation in over five years. We're taking a week off, and you and Willie will run the store while we're gone, and that's final," Nels scolded. "You hate me!", Nancy screamed at her father as she stormed out of the office and out the door of the store. Harriet went to the door and called out after her daughter, "Don't worry, dear. Mother will bring you back a nice new dress! Yes, she will." She turned to Nels and said, "Nels, you shouldn't be so harsh with her. What if Matthew asks her to marry him and she won't live in our home anymore?" Nels turned away from his wife, took a few steps, looked up and muttered, "Lord, I only hope he does." "What was that, dear?", Harriet asked. "Um, I said, 'We'd be lonely if he does.'", Nels replied.

LHOTP - The Reunion Story (You decide what happens) - Page 2 JohnKeeper
Back to top Go down
charles ingalls
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
charles ingalls

PostSubject: Re: LHOTP - The Reunion Story (You decide what happens)   LHOTP - The Reunion Story (You decide what happens) - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 29, 2007 9:37 pm

harriet remember what percavil done for nellie.. yes i do
nels: well maybe matthew will change nancy
it will be good to be back in walnutgrove... yes nels it would be
hariett if things go well maybe just maybe.. if we ask charles
and almonzo to build our mercantile and restaurant
and all of us move back... willie.. yes ma
your father and i are going on a trip, i know nancy told me
oh good willie yes pa, before your mother and i leave
i want to ask a question... sure pa how would you nancy
matthew and your wife all move to walnut grove
willie to his pa.... when do we leave soon as the mercantile
is built and the restaurant

Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: LHOTP - The Reunion Story (You decide what happens)   LHOTP - The Reunion Story (You decide what happens) - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 30, 2007 10:05 pm

Hey Jes, you captured the Olesons perfectly!

Cheryl

Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: LHOTP - The Reunion Story (You decide what happens)   LHOTP - The Reunion Story (You decide what happens) - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 30, 2007 10:26 pm

Back in Burr Oak:

"Laura! Laura!" Almanzo screamed as he walked in the door, slamming it behind him.

"I'm in the kitchen!" she hollered back.

Almanzo waved a white envelope in front of her face. She grabbed at it, but he playfully raised it up in the air. She stretched, but Almanzo's height and long arms kept the envelope out of her reach.

Crossing her arms across her chest Laura's face turned somber. "Well, are you at least going to tell me what it is?"

"I'm sorry Beth, I just had to tease ya a bit." He handed her the envelope.

Laura flipped it over to view the uneven scrawlings on the front. "It's from Mr. Edwards!"

Sitting down on a crate full of bedding, Laura slid a pin out of her hair and sliced open the envelope. Her eyes darted back and forth, her mouth turning into a wide smile that revealed all her teeth.

She popped up. "Oh Manly! Mr. Edwards is on his way here! He says he's tired of living in California and figures he'll pay us a visit before he finds out where he would like to go."

Almanzo's crooked smile appeared across his face. "I bet I know of one place he would like to go."

"Oh my goodness, we can't leave now...not until Mr. Edwards arrives."

Laura raced toward the parlor. She tugged on her bonnet and picked her bag off the table next to the front door. "I have to go tell Ma and Pa. They'll be so excited!"

"Alright, then I'll stop by and see Albert on my way to the store and tell him it will be a few more days before we can leave."

An excited squeal escaped from Laura's lips. "I can't wait to see Mr. Edwards again."

Almanzo and Laura jumped in their buggy and headed towards the Ingalls' home. He helped Laura out when they arrived in front of the house, the smile still plastered across her face.

"I'll have Pa drive me back home."

"Okay. See ya back at our place."

Laura rapped at the front door of the Ingalls' home and opened it up before anyone had the chance to answer it. Charles and Caroline stood surrounded by piles of crates which held most of their belongings.

"What are you doing here Half-pint?"

"Oh Pa, I just had to come and tell you right away. You won't believe it. I mean it's just so exciting..."

"Well then tell me already."

"Mr. Edwards is on his way here!"

"Isaiah is coming here?"

"Yes, here's his letter. Read it."

Charles scanned the paper and his eyes twinkled as he realized what Laura said was true. He squeezed Caroline's arms gently.

"It looks like the old folks of Walnut Grove are going to be together once again."

The clock on the mantle chimed the hour. "Oh no," Caroline said in a panic. "Mary and Susan should be arriving at the train station any minute."

"Well let's go," said Charles. "I've got a daughter to hug and a granddaughter to meet."

Laura, Charles, and Caroline rushed out the door into Charles's wagon. They couldn't wait to see Mary again.

To be continued...

Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: LHOTP - The Reunion Story (You decide what happens)   LHOTP - The Reunion Story (You decide what happens) - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 31, 2007 9:20 am

BTW, I should mention that I am saving all the posts for this story on my hard drive. After a few more additions, I will probably put together a synopsis so it makes it easier for new writers to join in.

Cheryl

Back to top Go down
jes9
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
jes9

Number of posts : 1066

PostSubject: Re: LHOTP - The Reunion Story (You decide what happens)   LHOTP - The Reunion Story (You decide what happens) - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 31, 2007 6:11 pm

Quote :
Hey Jes, you captured the Olesons perfectly!

Thanks. I had just watched "The Return of Nellie", so they were fresh in my mind. grinsmiley

LHOTP - The Reunion Story (You decide what happens) - Page 2 JohnKeeper
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: LHOTP - The Reunion Story (You decide what happens)   LHOTP - The Reunion Story (You decide what happens) - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 11, 2007 12:44 pm

Eagerly waiting for more... :)
Back to top Go down
charles ingalls
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
charles ingalls

PostSubject: Re: LHOTP - The Reunion Story (You decide what happens)   LHOTP - The Reunion Story (You decide what happens) - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 11, 2007 2:16 pm

charles and caroline get on the wagon heading back
to walnut grove caroline it will be good back home again
yes it will be back with our family and friends a bigger town
i'll be helping rebuild the town.. charles i wonder fi the carters
will move back, charles: i don't know john and sarah took
care of our home.. that they did... it's starts raining thundering
and lightening.. caroline we'll make camp here,
we'll leave at first light.. next morning after breakfast
charles and caroline pack up and head on to walnut grove
on the way the meet up with mr edwards... hey isaiah charles called out hello charles edwards call back..
hello mr edwards hello caroline... to be cont

Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: LHOTP - The Reunion Story (You decide what happens)   LHOTP - The Reunion Story (You decide what happens) - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 11, 2007 4:31 pm

Hmmm...since Mr. Edwards was on his way to Burr Oak, IA in the last section, wouldn't Charles and Caroline have already met up with him there?

And, are the children with Charles and Caroline in the wagon? How about Mary, did she come along too? Are Laura and Almanzo following behind them or are they still in Burr Oak? We know Albert has been invited to join Doc Baker, so it's a given he's going at some point, but since there is no mention of anyone else, it's hard to know how to proceed.

Cheryl

Back to top Go down
charles ingalls
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
charles ingalls

PostSubject: Re: LHOTP - The Reunion Story (You decide what happens)   LHOTP - The Reunion Story (You decide what happens) - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 11, 2007 6:39 pm

i messed up again

Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: LHOTP - The Reunion Story (You decide what happens)   LHOTP - The Reunion Story (You decide what happens) - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 13, 2007 12:43 am

You didn't mess up. It's just that I'm a real pain in the butt. :haha: I'm a writer and I see more of the picture than some others do. I guess I need to stop taking things so seriously. I like it when the story flows smoothly and when I suddenly get jolted out of it to think, well then, my world is turned upside down. Feel free to smack me. Frying pan

There now, I've given Larry lots of ammunition to pick on me with, but he doesn't come over to these threads so I think I'm safe. :shh3:

Cheryl

Back to top Go down
charles ingalls
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
charles ingalls

PostSubject: Re: LHOTP - The Reunion Story (You decide what happens)   LHOTP - The Reunion Story (You decide what happens) - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 13, 2007 10:14 am

maybe you should write the sequal for the transformers

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: LHOTP - The Reunion Story (You decide what happens)   LHOTP - The Reunion Story (You decide what happens) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

LHOTP - The Reunion Story (You decide what happens)
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next