Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

"It's Thanksgiving"

Go down 
+6
Honeybee
Lori
Amy
bethandmanly
Krissy
Rob
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62609
Mood : "It's Thanksgiving" Goodsi10

"It's Thanksgiving" Empty
PostSubject: "It's Thanksgiving"   "It's Thanksgiving" EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 6:27 pm

Remember that song "Friday" that had everyone ready to slit their wrists last year? Here's the next big thing - "It's Thanksgiving," by Nicole Westbrook. Clearly, the music industry took a good look at itself and decided that there just aren't enough preteens making records. "It's Thanksgiving" 68167

My favorite moment is at 1:45. "It's Thanksgiving" 440956

Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45732
Mood : "It's Thanksgiving" Headac10

PostSubject: Re: "It's Thanksgiving"   "It's Thanksgiving" EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 6:57 pm

ROTFL Laughing What a stupid song..Sorry lol

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : "It's Thanksgiving" Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: "It's Thanksgiving"   "It's Thanksgiving" EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 7:04 pm

Everyone is looking to become the next Justin Bieber. I can't believe they actually stretched that out to over 3 minutes. banghead

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: "It's Thanksgiving"   "It's Thanksgiving" EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 7:16 pm

Yeah,everyone wants to be rich and famous....Tho its not has annoying has friday song

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : "It's Thanksgiving" Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: "It's Thanksgiving"   "It's Thanksgiving" EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 11:44 am

Oh MY. This is just awful. thud
Back to top Go down
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Lori

Number of posts : 6032

PostSubject: Re: "It's Thanksgiving"   "It's Thanksgiving" EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 11:54 am

My favorite moment is 3:39. HeeHee When she started using the drumstick for a microphone was a close second.

"It's Thanksgiving" Lorike10
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: "It's Thanksgiving"   "It's Thanksgiving" EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 1:02 pm

Lori wrote:
My favorite moment is 3:39. "It's Thanksgiving" 440956

"It's Thanksgiving" 85958 Gotcha.
Back to top Go down
Honeybee
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Honeybee

Number of posts : 3565
Mood : "It's Thanksgiving" Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: "It's Thanksgiving"   "It's Thanksgiving" EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 1:49 pm

*Walks out slowly away from the forum, before Rob makes watch the horror of Thanksgiving song. I never heard of.*

wootwoot
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
"It's Thanksgiving" Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54425
Mood : "It's Thanksgiving" Happy010

PostSubject: Re: "It's Thanksgiving"   "It's Thanksgiving" EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 2:03 pm

A) Why is this in the music section??

B) Rob, I thought you liked us.

"It's Thanksgiving" 771460
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21159
Mood : "It's Thanksgiving" Purple2

PostSubject: Re: "It's Thanksgiving"   "It's Thanksgiving" EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 2:20 pm

help Sorry, had to leave before she could finish....

"It's Thanksgiving" Rhonda10"It's Thanksgiving" Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417

PostSubject: Re: "It's Thanksgiving"   "It's Thanksgiving" EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 3:29 pm

Lori wrote:
My favorite moment is 3:39. HeeHee When she started using the drumstick for a microphone was a close second.

Laughing Oh, the 'microphone' was just TOO much!!!! thud

Lisa wrote:
Why is this in the music section??

For real! Whistle

You realize this poor girl is going to grow up one day and say, "What was I thinking???" and "WHY did my parents let me do this?!" Yikes
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: "It's Thanksgiving"   "It's Thanksgiving" EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 4:58 pm

lets hope now it's easter or christmas song comes next lol

Back to top Go down
Kamberley
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
Kamberley

Number of posts : 628
Mood : "It's Thanksgiving" Indiff10

PostSubject: Re: "It's Thanksgiving"   "It's Thanksgiving" EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 7:19 pm

Her parents didn't let her do it, they paid for it. This is the same guy who did Friday & it's just some studio where these spoiled girls parents pay a couple thousand dollars & they get a video.

I did have a really good laugh about this, it's just so ludicrous. What group of 12 year old girls celebrate every holiday like adults, without any adult supervision. Well unless you count the middle aged man dressed like a turkey...also who eats Macaroni & Cheese and ribs on Thanksgiving? Huh?
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: "It's Thanksgiving"   "It's Thanksgiving" EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 7:48 pm

Kamberley wrote:
What group of 12 year old girls celebrate every holiday like adults, without any adult supervision. Well unless you count the middle aged man dressed like a turkey...

Hello, Mr. Turkey, I'm Chris Hansen... "It's Thanksgiving" 68167
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: "It's Thanksgiving"   "It's Thanksgiving" EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 10:47 pm

Kamberley wrote:
Her parents didn't let her do it, they paid for it. This is the same guy who did Friday & it's just some studio where these spoiled girls parents pay a couple thousand dollars & they get a video.

I did have a really good laugh about this, it's just so ludicrous. What group of 12 year old girls celebrate every holiday like adults, without any adult supervision. Well unless you count the middle aged man dressed like a turkey...also who eats Macaroni & Cheese and ribs on Thanksgiving? Huh?

wow!!! That's a lot of money to spend.I dislike spolt brats

Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21159
Mood : "It's Thanksgiving" Purple2

PostSubject: Re: "It's Thanksgiving"   "It's Thanksgiving" EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 2:03 pm

Well, Nicole was on a talk show today singing her song....needless to say, this girl CANNOT sing.....she couldn't even sing in unison along with herself. I guess it is true about music studios, they can mix everything and anything and make you sound good..... No

"It's Thanksgiving" Rhonda10"It's Thanksgiving" Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: "It's Thanksgiving"   "It's Thanksgiving" EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 2:23 pm

Rhonda wrote:
Well, Nicole was on a talk show today singing her song....needless to say, this girl CANNOT sing.....she couldn't even sing in unison along with herself. I guess it is true about music studios, they can mix everything and anything and make you sound good..... No

She sounds a lot like the disney singers.No voice.

Back to top Go down
Kamberley
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
Kamberley

PostSubject: Re: "It's Thanksgiving"   "It's Thanksgiving" EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 7:37 am

This is about Rebecca Black but Thanksgiving was made at the same place.

Ark Music Factory, a Los Angeles-based company operating as an industry hybrid of Maurice Starr and John Bennett Ramsey. Their casting calls are perfect bait for starry-eyed parents: “If you are a great singer without any material and you want to get discovered,” one reads, “then Ark Music Factory is looking for you.” The formula is simple: They’ll fly your child between the specified ages of 13-17 to Los Angeles, write her a “hit,” record it in super-compressed Autotuned production, shoot an edge detection-overlay video and BAM! Maybe your kid can notch up a couple thousand YouTube views while you watch your dreams of being a pop-star parent percolate.
- Who is Rebecca Black and How Did Her Video Get Made?
Basically, you’ve heard of vanity publishers? The people you pay to publish your book when no publisher will sink their own money into it? Well meet vanity music producers. Black’s parents paid, according to reports, $2000 to these guys to produce the song and video.

It's totally something I could see Harriett and Nellie doing! yes
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: "It's Thanksgiving"   "It's Thanksgiving" EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 11:34 am

Laughing yeah.

Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: "It's Thanksgiving"   "It's Thanksgiving" EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 1:21 pm

Kamberley wrote:
John Bennett Ramsey

Really! "It's Thanksgiving" 244441

Then Kamberley wrote:
Who is Rebecca Black and How Did Her Video Get Made? Basically, you’ve heard of vanity publishers? The people you pay to publish your book when no publisher will sink their own money into it? Well meet vanity music producers. Black’s parents paid, according to reports, $2000 to these guys to produce the song and video.

I was going to say that people like Rebecca and this Nicole girl certainly got their (parents') money's worth, but it's probably not a good thing in the long run. People know who they are, but they're basically objects of ridicule, and I'm sure that's not the kind of fame they had in mind.
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920

PostSubject: Re: "It's Thanksgiving"   "It's Thanksgiving" EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 3:06 pm

She will hate this one day. She needed to at least come up with a second verse!

"It's Thanksgiving" Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
"It's Thanksgiving" Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54425
Mood : "It's Thanksgiving" Happy010

PostSubject: Re: "It's Thanksgiving"   "It's Thanksgiving" EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 3:30 pm

Rob wrote:

I was going to say that people like Rebecca and this Nicole girl certainly got their (parents') money's worth, but it's probably not a good thing in the long run. People know who they are, but they're basically objects of ridicule, and I'm sure that's not the kind of fame they had in mind.

Their parents probably take a Harriet Oleson approach to that as well, "Those people are just jealous of how beautiful, talented, and wealthy you are." *Nicole and Rebecca nod vigorously* "It's Thanksgiving" 702150

Gin wrote:
She will hate this one day.

I'm not so sure. When kids are brought up with the mindset that brings about this kind of pampering, they don't tend to see beyond themselves, and they tend to view everything that they've done as "accomplishments". They'll probably be pulling these out to show to their grandkids, saying, "Oh, wasn't I adorable!!" "It's Thanksgiving" 440956 ....Now, the grandkids might hate it....But Nicole will probably still be pulling out a drumstick and singing along. "It's Thanksgiving" 771460
Back to top Go down
Kamberley
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
Kamberley

PostSubject: Re: "It's Thanksgiving"   "It's Thanksgiving" EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 5:35 pm

Rob wrote:
Kamberley wrote:
John Bennett Ramsey

Really! "It's Thanksgiving" 244441.

That's what the internets told me

Here is an ABC News interview months later with Rebecca Black & her Mother who says it was the best FOUR thousand dollars she ever spent.
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: "It's Thanksgiving"   "It's Thanksgiving" EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 9:58 pm

She does seem to be very "Mature" for a 14 year old. I just can't believe parents actreal spent money for there children this way.I'm sorry for she doesn't have a good voice.But i feel bad that ppl were bullying her.Her mother kind of brought on to her.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "It's Thanksgiving"   "It's Thanksgiving" Empty

Back to top Go down

"It's Thanksgiving"
Page 1 of 1