Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Do you?

Go down 
+4
bethandmanly
Savannah
Krissy
alexczarn
8 posters
AuthorMessage
alexczarn
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 22999
Mood : Do you? Happy010

Do you? Empty
PostSubject: Do you?   Do you? EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 6:48 pm

Do you think it's odd to have a best friend you've never actually met?

Do you? Alexke11

Last edited by alexczarn on Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45733
Mood : Do you? Headac10

Do you? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you?   Do you? EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 7:09 pm

yes,online

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Do you? Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428

Do you? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you?   Do you? EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 9:59 am

alexczarn wrote:

You know what I think? I think that as long as you've found a deep, solid, lasting friendship, it doesn't matter whether other people think it's odd or not. Do you? 70708 Two of the dearest people in the world to me are people that I met online - and one of them I've still not yet met in person. But the bond is just as real as any face-to-face person I know. As a matter of fact, they know more about me than most of the people that I interact with on a daily basis in "real life".

In a nutshell, nope - I don't think it's odd.
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Do you? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you?   Do you? EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 11:25 am

I've known one of my very best friends online for just about ten years. We've had our ups & downs but always stayed friends. So i agree with LIsa.I tell my online friends more of my problems then ppl in person.

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : Do you? Bokmal10

Do you? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you?   Do you? EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 1:18 pm

Most of my close friends are online chums. I've only met one of them in person.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
alexczarn
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 22999

Do you? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you?   Do you? EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 4:53 pm

Lisa wrote:
alexczarn wrote:

You know what I think? I think that as long as you've found a deep, solid, lasting friendship, it doesn't matter whether other people think it's odd or not. Do you? 70708 Two of the dearest people in the world to me are people that I met online - and one of them I've still not yet met in person. But the bond is just as real as any face-to-face person I know. As a matter of fact, they know more about me than most of the people that I interact with on a daily basis in "real life".

I'm glad you understand!

Do you? Alexke11
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Do you? Love-s10

Do you? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you?   Do you? EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 6:55 pm

Lisa wrote:
alexczarn wrote:

I'm just now seeing this. And I couldn't agree more, my dear Lisa! Smiley Hug loveheart I think, Alex, that a lot of people (especially people who have not had online friendships) simply have no possible understanding of how close people can become online. They're just not going to get it, and you probably won't convince them that it is NOT odd. I have said this somewhere before on the board, but I'll repeat it here. My parents barely knew each other when my dad was stationed in Guam witht the Navy....he and my mom got to know each other solely through hundreds of letters. And when he came back, they knew each other probably better than most people who date 'traditionally' could know each other, and it didn't take long for them to marry. (and stayed married for 50 years. Love ). I don't think it's any different with communicating online, except it's even more personable because it's 'instantaneous'---no waiting for letters to come. Wink And it doesn't matter if it's a romance or a friendship, I think in many ways the 'relationship' can be stronger just by getting to know someone online, because I think more is 'revealed'....topics of conversation that you may not ever have in person somehow come up when you share a 'deep' friendship with someone online, and like Lisa said, there is a trust and a bond there that is formed. It doesn't happen with everyone, but it has happened with a few people for me online and they are remarkable friendships that I never thought I'd have. loveheart I think Lisa knows FAR more about me than even my oldest friend knows. HeeHee
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Do you? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you?   Do you? EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 7:32 pm

i agree

Back to top Go down
Kristina
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Kristina

Number of posts : 7882
Mood : Do you? Bokmal10

Do you? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you?   Do you? EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 8:00 pm

I don't think it's odd at all. whether the friend is online, or a penpal for example, if you feel a strong bond with them that's great. I've had the same penpal for several years, and we've only ever written letters and texted a few times, we've never met face to face. but I often feel like it is easier to tell her things than it is to tell them to some of my friends who I went to school with, that I've known for a long time.

I agree with something that Amy said- often you might feel more comfortable telling someone about something if you've never actually met the person. I think that can be the case with me and my penpal. I think with any friend you have, if you really get along than it does 't matter how you met or where you know each other from.
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Do you? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you?   Do you? EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 8:16 pm

So true.

Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : Do you? Happy011

Do you? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you?   Do you? EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 2:54 am

I think Online friends are great and can be just as good as friends you meet somewhere else Thumbsup

Lisa wrote:
Two of the dearest people in the world to me are people that I met online - and one of them I've still not yet met in person. But the bond is just as real as any face-to-face person I know.

Aww thanks Lisa, I didn't know i was your dearest friend laugh3

Do you? Jacobk10Do you? Jacob210
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Do you? Love-s10

Do you? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you?   Do you? EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 11:31 am

JW wrote:
I think Online friends are great and can be just as good as friends you meet somewhere else Thumbsup

Lisa wrote:
Two of the dearest people in the world to me are people that I met online - and one of them I've still not yet met in person. But the bond is just as real as any face-to-face person I know.

Aww thanks Lisa, I didn't know i was your dearest friend laugh3

I do happen to know you rank way up there, Jacob. Wink For both of us! loveheart
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Do you? Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428

Do you? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you?   Do you? EmptyThu Dec 13, 2012 2:01 pm

Do you? 244441 I didn't see these replies until just today! Yep - Amy's right, Jacob. Do you? 185146 You do rank way up there. Do you? 6472
Back to top Go down
Alice
On The African Savanna
On The African Savanna
Alice

Number of posts : 10766

Do you? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you?   Do you? EmptyThu Dec 13, 2012 3:11 pm

I just saw this for the first time, too. I have a best friend I met on-line at another site and we talk on the phone as well.

Spring is finally here, the lovely pink blooms on the "spray" tree outside my window are gone leaving a beautiful willow.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Do you? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you?   Do you? Empty

Back to top Go down

Do you?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Little House on the Prairie :: Walnut Grove Community :: The Schoolhouse: Teen Hangout-
Jump to: